EVERTON RAY SEWELL, CPA, MBA, MSF
Rochester, New York 14609 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Business Professional with extensive expertise in accounting and finance for mutli-billion dollar manufacturing giant. A proven leader who has managed and supervised individuals to great success. Process and control oriented. Experienced in quality improvement, leading and directing teams, and getting difficult jobs done in unpredictable situations. Known for building and leading global and cross-functional teams. An agent of change with strong communication skills, the ability to multitask and delegate to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Experienced in SAP, Hyperion, SOX, GAAP, inventory, intercompany, capital asset, revenue recognition, software and R&D accounting.
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY, Rochester, New York 1998 - 2009
Finance Director, Electrophotographic Solution Black & White Unit
Directed support activities for all aspects of the $140M business. Prepared annual strategic plans, operating budgets, and estimated monthly forecast with seasonality. Performed gross margin analysis on unit operational results, created management reporting package for global business, regions, and individual product lines. Prepared business case for new product launch and determined profitability and feasibility of new and existing product lines. Prepared, managed, and monitored division selling, general and administrative budget and expenditures. Created cost analysis and performance matrix for management reporting. Analyzed financial data pertaining to division mergers and acquisition activities.
• Re-analyzed business case for a new product resulting in a 2 month early launch
• Streamlined selling, general and administrative reporting process resulting in a 5% efficiency
• Streamlined unit reporting financial package resulting in 15% efficiency and 2 day early reporting
Assistant Controller, Mergers and Acquisition (M&A)
Provided accounting and financial support for corporate divestitures, mergers, and acquisitions activities. Analyzed data for strategic business alignment, performed due diligence, accounting research, purchase accounting, reviewed sale and purchase contracts relating to M&A activities. Reviewed and validated financial data provided by departments finance representatives. Monitored adherence to corporate M&A global and cross-functional operations, while building relationships with target companies or divisions. Integrated new businesses and carved out and transitioned old businesses for accounting and IT processes.
• Reviewed contract for non-compliance, saving the company $250K.
• Closed two merger and acquisition transactions to the value of $25M.
Finance Transition Manager,
Assumed project leadership for transitional service for company’s largest divestiture ($2.5B). Reviewed, and interpreted contracts and statements of work. Created, monitored, and collected on statements of work for transition service agreements. Managed relationship between parent and divested company, partnered and provided financial support for cross-functional leaders, resolved issues relating to divestiture. Managed post closing P&L and balance transactions and bill accordingly.
• Managed and monitored transition services generating income of $35 million.
• Accelerated cash collection on outstanding service totaling $3.5 million.
• Developed and implemented streamlined transition service procedures resulting in a 25% operation efficiency
Manager, United States & Canada General Ledger and Fixed Assets
Provided accounting leadership, guidance, and management oversight to departments, supervised 15 individuals, prepared and delivered performance appraisal, interviewed, hired, coached, mentored, and coordinated team building activities. Directly managed service delivery for outsourced activities, partnered and liaised with outsourced vendor, traveled internationally and trained outsourced partner staff. Implemented corporate internal controls and process improvement procedures globally. Managed and reviewed general ledger closing processes and financial statement input preparation. Reviewed and approved journal entries and accounts reconciliation.
• Managed outsourcing arrangement measurement matrix resulting in $750K savings in 9 months.
• Improved document retention efficiency by reducing storage cost resulting in $55K annual savings.
• Created and lead global team (Kaizen) improving operation process efficiency by 12%, saving $25K per month.
EVERTON RAY SEWELL (Page 2-585-***-**** (C) email@example.com
Corporate Functions Controller
Drove consistency and simplicity in accounting operations across multiple functional areas with multiple accounting systems, ensuring proper controls for implementation of accounting policies. Lead process improvement teams for Sarbanes-Oxley implementation, identified improvement opportunities, and implemented accounting and compliance controls and processes. Developed and delivered training for senior management on accounting rules and guidelines for shared service areas. Established, implemented, and communicated accounting internal control disclosures, record management, and reporting requirements for shared service departments. Managed and reported restructuring costs and activities, reviewed vendor contracts, coordinated and managed capital assets budget and expenditures.
• Developed and implemented company accrual policy to correct accounting deficiency, $25M correction.
• Trained seven senior managers on accounting issues, improved efficiency by 15% resulting savings of $20M.
• Trained 405 purchasing employees globally, developed training material and video, 18% processes efficiency.
• Reviewed and oversee development of contract database, 10% efficiency with cost savings of $15M annually.
Audit Project Manager, Senior Auditor, and Auditor
Planned and coordinated audit assignments, include risk identification and mitigation controls. Lead numerous international audit assignments, drove initiatives to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, worked with cross-functional and cross-border team to drive improvements. Interpreted and analyzed data and provided feedback to management and audit entities. Supervised and coached new auditors and senior auditors. Performed forensic investigation in collaboration with Corporate Security.
• Streamlined audit process initiatives resulting in 20% efficiency, vendor cost recovery of $2.5M
• Special forensic investigation saving of $4M, special rebate project saving $20M in potential penalty and fines
ARTHUR ANDERSEN LLP, Rochester, New York 1996 - 1998
Experienced Staff Accountant
Managed relationships with external client in the performance of audits in manufacturing, construction, leasing, rental, not-for-profits, and pension benefit plans. Performed compliance and substantive testing of processes to ensure compliance with accounting regulations, financial statement preparation, and footnote writing. Consulted with client personnel on accounting and audit issues; drive team building.
• Personally managed three clients’ pension plans.
• Identified as one of the accounting research specialists using different methodologies and tools.
PREFERRED CARE, Rochester, New York 1994 - 1996
Team Leader, Accounts Receivable, and Enrollment
Managed and supervised departments’ daily operations with 17 direct reports, hired, trained, coached, and evaluated employees performance. Maintained customer satisfaction through various initiatives, oversee collection processes, reviewed approved account reconciliations, and approved billing adjustments. Developed department productivity measurement matrix, coordinated cross-function team projects, and established and implemented process improvement measures.
• Increased customer satisfaction to 95%, an increase of 23%.
• Increased department employees’ moral and satisfaction by 45% to 94%
• Implemented processes that increased efficiency by 19%, annual savings of $75K.
• Realigned supplies vendor partnership resulting in $20K savings; staff earned a free picnic.
Other Relevant Experience:
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER, Strong Memorial Hospital - Operations Supervisor
NATIONAL CONTINENTAL CORP. and HI LO FOOD STORES - Senior Accountant
MS Finance Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
MBA Executive Leadership Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
B.S. Accounting Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
A.A.S – Business Administration Monroe Community College Rochester, NY
EVERTON RAY SEWELL, CPA, MBA, MS
Rochester, New York 14609 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Strong Leadership, Management and Supervisory skills
• Solid knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong grasp of accounting principles and operational application
• Strong analytical and process skills
• Strong knowledge of internal controls
• Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge and experience
• Strong ability to accomplish difficult task in unpredicted situation
• Strong ability to challenge and accomplish superb results in new and unexplored areas
• Works well with the international community
• Excellent Customer Service and multi-tasking skills
• Shared Service and Outsourcing management and oversight experience
• White Belt – Lean Six Sigma Training
• Total Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement training
• Experienced with ERP SAP, Hyperion, and
• Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
• Traveled on several short-term assignment to various countries in Asia and Europe
• Worked on outsourcing assignment with third party partner in India
• Rochester Institute of Technology 2008 Outstanding Adult Student Award
• United Way Creating Assets and Saving for Homeowners Program - Volunteer Financial Coach
• United Way Leadership Development Program - 2008 Graduate
• United Way Leadership Development Program - Class President
• United Way Leadership Development Program - Executive Board Member, 2009
• Catholic Family Center - Board Member
• Genesee Coop Federal Credit Union - Past Board Member
• NYS Society of CPA and America Institute of Certified Public Accountant
• Rochester Chapter of Institute of Internal Auditors