John Calvin Whitfield
**** ** **** ****** ******** City, OK. 73111
To acquire a position as a Art Director, Graphic Designer or Production Artist in the area of
Graphic Design, Multimedia or Print industries.
Education: The University of Oklahoma Bachelor of Art
Graphic Designer (Artist)/Illustrator- Oklahoma City, Ok. 73111
Launched my own Graphic Design/Illustration company: Groovy Toons
Developed design concepts/illustrations for multiple client base. Provided Illustration, Graphic Design, Animation, Creative Consultation, Logo Design, and Art Direction to clients. In addition to creating materials by hand. A number of software applications were used to achieve the final design.
Embroidery Digitizer, Graphic Designer/ Prepress Assistant, Illustrator, Caricaturist, Cartoonist,
Color Corrector, Web Designer, Flash Animator and Audio/Visual Technician.
Summary of Qualifications:
Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3, InDesign CS3, Acrobat, After Effects CS3, Premiere CS3, Studio Max, Pagemaker, Maya, Flash 9, Commotion, Powerpoint, Microsoft Office Applications, and Corel Draw
8/15/08-2-5-10 Miko Group Inc.
Graphic Designer/Artist Norman, Oklahoma
* Created, designed and executed a wide range of original illustrative artwork/computer based design for Educational Conferences.
* Developed Flash Animations and web based designs for Educational Events.
* Designed graphics for materials such as (pencils, pens, tote bags,
and lapel pens) to be used at various educational /government related events.
5/2005-7/2005 Digital Graphics Oklahoma City, Ok.
* Employed by a mid-level commercial printing company.
* Worked with small staff developing design concepts and projects in layout
and illustrational formats (flyers, greeting cards, business cards, and logos).
* Created flyers, greeting cards, business cards, and logos for customers.
8/2001-10/2003 Candid Color Systems Oklahoma City, Ok.
* Employed by a digital Photography studio
* Manipulated images using Eastman Kodak software application
* Trained other staff on the software application
* Provided customer with professional clean digital prints.
3/1997- 12/2000 Charleson Broadcast Technologies Oklahoma City, Ok.
* Handled multiple audio/visual responsibilities in a small broadcast studio environment.
* Directed cameramen and on-air talent with specific instructions about day-to-day operations.
* Presented television viewers with Professional broadcast show.