SENTHILKUMAR SHANMUGAM. Mobile No: +919*********
To find a fulltime position with growth potential. I am searching for employment opportunities
that will fully utilize my leadership, organizational and testing skills. I work well in creative,
fast paced environments where I can play my strong testing ability teach and learn from others,
as well as contribute to the bottom line of the company and /or project.
• 8+ years of experience in software testing in Manual and Automation.
• 2+ years of experience in Leading team
• Possessing well experience in Black-Box Testing and White-Box Testing.
• Having domain Knowledge of Telecom,Supply chain, Retail and ERP
• Experience in ETL testing
• Experience in designing test cases and executing them in UNIX environment.
• Having experience in Integration, System, Acceptance and Regression Testing.
• Experience in Testing of Web Applications/ Client server and Window Application built on Java and .Net platforms.
• Experience in designing the Test Cases, Scenarios in Quality Center.
• Providing complete QA support to Release Team for their Release process/ activities on different environments & Lab machines.
• Proficiency in analyzing configurable Items and baselines in the CVS & Eclipse.
• Good understanding of verifying the change requests, defects management, documenting, tracking issues, communicating test plans and test results.
• Responsible for managing testing environments, carrying out regular operations in testing environments and in a timely manner.
• Experience in working with a geographically dispersed team environment as well.
• Business Trip to Tampa-FL, US regarding Specifications, Knowledge Transfer, Issue resolution and further enhancements for Release Testing Team.
• Experience in metrics collection
• Proven ability to work independently or with a team.
• Excellent performer, Self starter and capable of quick learning.
• Goal oriented and strong leadership ability.
• Can work and manage multiple projects, give direction to others and take a lead role in improving organizational processes.
• Capable of communicating across departments.
• Highly oriented, able to meet deadlines and have taken the initiative to learn job related things on my own.
• Good communication, analytical, interpersonal skills and ability to perform as part of a team.
• Leading the people to learn business and functional flow of various projects.
• Innovative in approach, enjoy learning new methods and ideas and implementing them in daily practice.
Software Testing : Manual and Automation testing.
Tools : WinRunner 7.0, QuickTestProfessional 10, TestDirector 5.0,
Silk Test 10
Bug Tracking Tool : Atlassian JIRA 3.2.2, Bugzilla, TestDirector5, Quality Center 9/10
Languages : C, C++, and Visual Basic 6.0
Database : Oracle 8, 9i, 10g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access
Operating System : MS-DOS, Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7 & UNIX
CM Tools : Eclipse3.2, 3.4 & Win CVS
Browsers : IE 6/ 7/ 8, Firefox 3, Chrome
Other Tools : MS-Office
B.E Computer science and engineering from MS University on April 2003.
Pursuing MBA (HRM) from ANNA University (Dist.Edu).
Working as Project Lead in SYNTEL India Ltd, Chennai from July 2011 to till date.
Worked as Software Analyst in Verizon Data Services India Private Ltd, Chennai from June 2006 to July 2011.
Worked as a Quality Engineer in OfficeTiger Database Systems (India) Private Ltd, Chennai
From November 2005 to May 2006.
Worked as a Testing Engineer in igenik info-way technologies, Chennai from
June 2003 to November 2005.
Responsibilities @ SYNTEL:-
• Being as Test Manager for CAS ITT-RISKY team (Client: AMERICAN EXPRESS Technologies)
• Act as the overall testing liaison as the first point of communication for the project and interfacing teams
• Conduct gap analysis of testing process and implement improvements
• Provide hands on support to project teams integrating with testing standard tools and processes
• Sharing testing best practices with the project teams on an ongoing basis and provide training and mentoring to project/portfolio team members
• Ensure all compliance deliverables from testing perspective are appropriately documented and provided to child and overall project managers for all test phases
• Coordinate the day-to-day planning and execution of all testing for the project
• Works closely with project manager and test coordinators from each application and business test team participating in the project
Projects Handling in SYNTEL:
1. Warehouse Management System (WMS), The Home Depot project: WMS, system which receives the goods as per PO and ASN as bulk. Later, broking the bundles and splitting the quantity as per individual store request. The same has been shipping to stores.
2. CAS RISKY-CAS ITT, AMERICAN EXPRESS Technologies: As Credit authorization systems, being real time database of all credit card information. Provides necessary information to interface systems whenever they required.
Responsibilities @ Verizon:-
• Team leading and handling projects
• Being as SPOC (single point of contact) for user clarification.
• Gathering Business and functional requirements from onsite coordinators/users through mail and calls.
• Analyzing Business requirements and creating test scenarios.
• Metrics collection weekly/monthly/release basis.
• Given direction to others for preparing, executing the test cases and reviewing the results.
• Assisting the people in testing the application in the Test and Production environments.
• Setting up the Test Lab as per the pre-execution criteria for each release.
• Creation and execution of Test cases/ strategy for any enhancement release.
• Creating/ Modifying the Test cases in Quality Center 9/10 as per the functional changes in the application flow.
• Creating/ modifying the automation test scripts using Silk Test Professional 10/6.5 and updating the test scripts as per the modification in application flow.
• Analyzing Automation Test Results after the automation executions for the defect finding.
• Setting up the suite in Quality center for each release as per the priority of test cases for the release.
• Functionality Testing, Regression Testing through the Quality Center.
• Follow the QA process across the project to ensure defect free deliverable.
• Provide QA support in individual Line of Business for all the dependent Products.
• Bug management through Quality Center, tracking till its resolution.
• Follow-up with the Dev team for the regression and maintenance bugs.
• Experience in Designing and creating Test Cases, Acceptance Test cases, Scenarios, Test Data and Test Sets.
• GUI/ Acceptance testing (UAT).
• Identify test cases to be prioritized for the regression test suite.
• Tested the functionality of the applications and its compatibility on different web browsers versions i.e., Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, 9.
Projects Handled in Verizon:
1. ICON: Integrated Configuration Of Networks, enabling Inventory and Engineering tool which provides single source of service from land acquisition to equipment in service in Telecom domain.
2. VERIFY: In nutshell invoices are loading through ETL Process. System verifies those invoices and forward them to SAP/PeopleSoft for payments
3. COEA, COEP, IVS, and PEOPLESOFT: All these 4 are interface systems. COEP is an inventory system which tracks telephone equipments (Plug-Ins, Hardwires). If any equipment goes away then corresponding information flows through COEA, in turn collects them, then process and reports them into PS. In return COEA receives actual from PS then makes the necessary adjustments into COEP for the particular cards or hardwires. IVS is invoice verification systems which verifies and approves the invoices for new branded equipments to PS.
4. vBuild: Is an OSP system which tracks day to day activities of an OSP Engineers and Vendors. Responsible to keep updated information about kind of works completed, time taken to complete, equipments utilized and charging about in PeopleSoft system as invoices.
5. BDMS DSL: Is a system which takes care about Digital Subscriber Link to customer premises. Tracks from equipment ordering and exists still customer get connected
6. BDMS FTTP: FTTP stands for Fiber To The Premises, which gets Video, Voice & Data signals together and serves customer premises at a single service.
Awards achieved in Verizon:
• On the Spot award for acquiring project knowledge & delivered bug free project in short span of time
• Achieved You deserve award twice for testing co-ordination with multiple projects
Father’s Name: P.Shanmugam
Date of Birth: 27-05-1979
Marital Status: Married
Language Known: Tamil, English
Passport No: F7064017,valid up to 2016.
Visa: Holding B1 visa up to 2019.
Residential address: 29/83, 2nd floor, Labor colony,