Phoenix, AZ ****5
PROFILE: Semiconductor Thin Films Equipment, Field Service engineer and Supervisor in the semiconductor industry with 13 years experience which including highly successful installation and troubleshooting skills. Offering excellent skills in process, equipment upgrades, repair, maintenance, and training which make a significant contribution to semiconductor manufacturer’s sales goals, high customer service standards, and to reduce the cost of operation.
• Expertise with Novellus Systems CVD 200mm and 300mm tool sets.
• Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin).
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong equipment troubleshooting and maintenance skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Team oriented problem solving.
• Tool install and fab start-up experience.
• Microsoft Office skills.
• Technical trainer.
• US Citizen.
• CVD process experience.
• Coordinated start-up and installations of Novellus tools for Intel Fab 22 and Fab 12C in Chandler, Arizona.
• Award recipient for providing excellent customer service at Advance Micro Devices
• Award recipient for improving tool throughput by 13% on Novellus PECVD tools at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.
• Award recipient from Novellus Systems for providing escalation support to fabs in Taiwan ROC after a major earth quake in 1999.
• Member of the Nano Mega Project for defect and cost reduction. Developed plan incorporating hardware upgrades and significantly improved maintenance procedures that resulted in $500 thousand in cost savings based on 2% product yield improvement.
• Redesigned and implemented major hardware change that significantly reduced technician maintenance time by 40%.
• Wrote and implemented special procedure for the spindle wafer handling system to minimize tool down time by 75% and reduce wafer scrap by 25%.
• Managed machine uptime of 86% or better average uptime maintained for 20 systems aged 10+ years for Samsung Austin Semiconductor.
SAMSUNG AUSTIN SEMICONDUCTOR, Austin, TX
(2006 – 2009)
CVD Equipment Engineer III, Austin, TX
Sept 2006 – Feb 2009
• Supported 13 Novellus Concept 2 Sequel systems and 7 Novellus SPEED High Density Plasma systems.
• CVD thin films process experience include Silicon Oxide, Nitride, Silicon Oxi Nitride, TEOS, and HDP films.
• Provided expert technical analysis and trouble-shooting to resolve equipment down issues.
• Worked with parts vendors to develop effective parts replacement strategies designed to improve equipment productivity and minimize costs.
• Served on special task force team working with various departments (e.g. Product Enhancement, Yield Enhancement, Defect Metro, Photo, Metals Group) when major product defects are identified. Task force teams work together to identify defect root causes and develop and implement countermeasures.
• Engaged in communication and information sharing with Samsung Korea Dispatch Manager who serves as liaison between Korean and North American fabs.
• Trained and mentored process engineers and equipment technicians on effective equipment maintenance, process, hardware functionality, and trouble-shooting.
• Performed equipment upgrades and preventive maintenance.
• Responsible for spec revisions, standard operating procedures (SOP), and work on projects to reduce equipment down time and cost reduction.
• Performed major tool upgrades including 3 level cooling stations to improve wafer throughput.
• Monitored daily control charts (SPC, Canary, and other systems) to maximized tool performance and minimal tool down time.
NOVELLUS SYSTEMS, INC. San Jose, CA
Field Service Engineer IV, Chandler, AZ
July 2005 – Sept 2006
• Performed installation of tools on 300mm Novellus CVD Vector systems for Intel Fab 12C.
• Performed hands on troubleshooting, upgrades, and preventive maintenance.
• Technical trainer for Novellus Systems in Tualatin, Oregon.
Engineer in Charge / Field Service Engineer IV, Chandler, AZ
March 2003 – July 2005
• Coordinated installation of 30+ Novellus Vector 300mm PECVD systems for Intel Fab 12C.
• Coordinated up to 18 field service engineers on-site.
• Managed escalation process for all equipment down including collecting tool status updates, developing action plans, communication with the Novellus Business Unit Product Support and Tech Support, and writing all meeting minutes.
Site Supervisor, Chandler, AZ
May 1999 – Feb 2003
• Managed, coordinated and administered on-site field service support for Intel Fab 12 and 22. Supervised Fab 22 start-up with 16 200mm Novellus Sequel Express systems and 2 Altus Tungsten tool sets.
• Coordinated, scheduled and evaluated up to 16 field service engineers on-site.
• Responsible for escalation support, tool status updates, communication with the Novellus Business Unit Product Support and Tech Support, and action plan development.
• Administrative responsibilities included employee performance reviews, parts inventory maintenance, attending safety meetings, and ensuring tool uptime meets Novellus and Intel goals.
Site Coordinator / Field Service Engineer IV, Sunnyvale, CA
June 1998 – April 1999
• Coordinated on-site field service support and administration for Advanced Micro Devices Sub Micron Development Center. Provided support and customer consultation for 9 Novellus tools, including Concept 1 PECVD Dielectric and CVD Tungsten systems.
• Serve as liaison between customer and Novellus management for issues which require escalation.
• Average machine up-time 90% for machines aged 5-10 years for AMD.
• Supervised two field service engineers. Responsible for delegation of workload according to customer priorities. Requires teamwork to methodically and effectively resolve issues.
• Administration included implementation of inventory control procedures, monitoring equipment performance, as well as daily, weekly, and annual reporting to management.
Field Service Engineer I, II, and III, San Jose, CA
Feb 1996 – June 1998
• Held increasingly responsible positions providing field service support to customers throughout the Silicon Valley region, including Hewlett Packard Corp., Advanced Micro Devices, National Semiconductor, LSI Logic, Maxim Integrated Products, Analog Devices, Silicon Systems (Known as TI), and Cypress Semiconductor.
• Supported Concept 1 PECVD Dielectric, Concept 1 CVD Tungsten, Concept 2 HDP SPEED, and Concept 2 PECVD Sequel systems.
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
Major: Electrical Engineering Technology
Degree: Bachelor of Science (December 1995)