(718)- 510-6700, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Qualifications
• Proficient with CAD packages such as Auto Cad, Catia, Solid Works, Pro-E and Ansys Work bench
• Can perform 2D and 3D CAD Modelling.
• Have designed various machine parts using Pro/E.
• Familiar with assembly drawings, machining processes and quality control techniques.
• Experience on Blue-print reading done in industries.
• Gained experience in machining by working on milling drilling and lathe machines.
• In- Depth knowledge in hydraulic systems, structural analysis, vibrational analysis, FEA methods.
• Sound theoretical knowledge in engineering principles in strength of materials, machine design, heat transfer systems, engineering drawing and mechanical systems.
• Proven ability in analytical skills, problem solving skills and good understanding of engineering problems.
• Can work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Good communication skills, verbal and written skills.
Technical and Software Skills
• Mechanical Engineering Packages: Pro-E, Auto-CAD, Solid Works, Ansys Workbench, Ansys APDL
• Programming Languages: C, C++, Mat lab.
• Web Designing Tools & OS: MS-office, MS Excel, Windows 98/Xp/2000/Vista/7.
Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.85/4.0
University Of Texas at Arlington, Texas.
Graduated: May- 2012
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering GPA 3.8/4.0
Osmania University, Hyderabad, India.
Traffic Assistant, University Of Texas At Arlington, U.S.A Aug 2011-May 2012
• Gained training on Customer Service skills, customer relations and verbal skills.
• Duties included such as controlling of traffic to avoid accidents and ticket collecting booth assistant.
• Performed duties such as managing date files, working on MS Office and MS Word.
Computer Lab Assistant University of Texas at Arlington, U.S.A Aug 2010 – May 2011
• Troubleshooting of hardware and software issues in desktops and laptops as well as extra peripherals such as printers and scanners.
• Helped students in CAD packages such as Catia, Solid Works and Pro-E.
Internship at Hindustan Machine Tools Limited, Hyderabad, India Aug 2009 – Nov 2009
• Hands on experience performing various duties such as drilling, facing, turning, milling.
• Was trained on using Lathe Machines, Drilling Machines and Sandblasters.
• Gained knowledge in production techniques done in a Machine Shop for close tolerance components.
• Basic experience with blue print reading given by senior design engineers.
• Blue print reading was done for various machine components.
• Worked on design software’s such as Pro-E, Solid Works and Auto Cad.
• Used Pro/E for designing jigs & fixtures and various machine parts such as Axles, bearings, fasteners and gears.
Relevant Project Work
Verification Of Published Stress Concentration Factor [SCF] Using Ansys:
The aim of this project was mainly focused on verifying the published stress concentration factors of different sections using ANSYS Workbench.
• Stress Concentration in components occurs due to various reasons such as flaws in material, machining process, design requirements etc.
• Stress concentration factors should be considered since it affects the induced stresses in components. Ignorance of the SCF would lead to failure of design.
• Modelling of the given sections was done in Ansys Workbench using Design Modeller.
• Static structural stress analysis was carried out and the results were compared with the theoretical values.
Experience Gained in: ANSYS WORKBENCH
ADEPT COBRA i600 SCARA Robot Project
The aim of this project is to study the kinematics and performing the Pick and Place operations using V+ Language of a 4-axis SCARA robot.
• SCARA robot system can be used for various applications such as mechanical assembly, material handling, Packaging, Screw driving and various other operations.
• Forward and Inverse Kinematics of COBRA robot was performed analytically.
• Code was written in V+ language for performing the Pick and Place Operations, Circular and Rectangular Palletisation.
Experience Gained in: Analytical skills, V+ language.
ADEPT VIPER s650 6-axis Robot Project:
The aim of this project is to study the kinematics of an articulated 6 DOF robot.
• ADEPT VIPER robot systems are mainly used for various assembly applications and for high precision automation
• Forward and Inverse Kinematics of ADEPT VIPER s650 robot was performed analytically.
Experience Gained in: Analytical Skills.
Designing of a Hydraulic Cylinder Using Auto-CAD and Solid Works:
The aim of this project was to design a hydraulic cylinder for hydraulic press brake.
• Calculations for the design were carried out analytically.
• 2-D drawings of cylinder assembly were done using AUTO CAD and Solid Models of the assembly were created using SOLID WORKS.
• Stress Analysis was carried out using Cosmosxpress software.
Experience Gained: Auto Cad, Solid Works and Cosmosxpress.
Relevant Course work
• Finite Element Methods Convection Heat Transfer Engineering Analysis
• Adv. Finite Element Methods Thermodynamics CAD/CAM
• Structural Dynamics Gas Dynamics Analytical Methods Of Engineering
• Design Optimization Strength Of Materials Designing Of Machine Elements
• Introduction to Robotics Kinematics of Machines Fdmtls of Electronic Packaging
• Successfully organised “SAMAVARATHAN-2k8”, a national level student technical fest conducted by MVSR Engineering College at Hyderabad, India.
• Participated in technical quiz held at Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India.
• Participated in event management for annual function held at MVSR Engineering College.