E-mail: email@example.com Ph: 203-***-****
• Over 2 years of professional experience as a engineer in Mechanical Design and Analysis.
• Over 1 year of experience as Project Engineer using Pro/E and ABAQUS CAE at Geometric Americas Inc.
• Highly proficient in structural analysis with vast experiences working on static, modal and vibration issues.
• Expertise in advanced modeling and meshing techniques using ABAQUS CAE and ANSYS.
• Good Experience in solid modeling using Pro/E 2001 and Solid Works.
• Hands-on experience with prototype testing with ability to build, test and trouble shoot new conceptual designs.
• Familiar with Sensitivity Analysis, GD&T, tolerance stacking,
• Extensive academic and work experience in Mechanical Engineering.
• Good understanding of engine fundamentals, together with an appreciation of the related underlying theoretical principles.
• Innovative, enthusiastic, and uncompromising work ethics with good communication skills.
• Computer Aided Design: Pro/E 2001, AUTOCAD & Solid Works.
• Finite Element Packages: ABAQUS, Hypermesh & ANSYS.
• Programming: C, C++,C#.NET
• Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS 2000/NT/XP.
• Productivity/PC applications: MS Office, Photoshop, Adobe Reader, Illsutrator.
University of Bridgeport, CT Nagarjuna University, India
MS in Mechanical Engineering. B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Geometric Americas Inc. Apr 08 – May 09
• Performed stress and fatigue analysis on engine front supports and flywheel housings for C9, C13 ,C15 and C18 CAT engines using ABAQUS 6.7
• Worked on a number of field durability issues for CAT engine components, ranging from sheet metal components to castings, with focus on root cause and rapid response.
• FE static and modal analysis on the CAT FEAD brackets with various mountings being subjected to simultaneous belt loads in a gravitational environment in order to check for design and fatigue conformance.
• Studied and precisely determined the high stress regions on the assembly components by applying the actual engine vibration load data obtained from the testing labs.
• Bolted joint analysis on various bolted components, investigating the strength of the joint and fastener integrity using canned analysis packages such as Fastner-Advisor for CAT and conventional bolt joint physics.
• Articulating the ideas clearly using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 - 3D Modeling, generating ready for manufacturing drawings using GD&T and detailing / drafting.
• Product design for casting, sheet metal part and fabricated assemblies.
• Create prototype and production model like FEAD bracket, alternator bracket and many more as per customer requirements and their engineering standards.
• Redesign the existing part according to customer requirement and making sure that the part if a perfect fit after manufacturing.
• Create part and assembly drawing according to engineering standards and applying GD&T for individual part with self expertise.
• Creating Engineering Drawing Releasing and Change Notices furnishing the stock disposition details etc.
University Of Bridgeport May 06 – Nov 07
Mechanical Engineering Department
Pro/E Teaching Assistant, Mechanical engineering Department
• Provided laboratory assistance to graduate & undergraduate students during class sessions.
• Provide modeling (Pro/E) and analysis (Pro/Mechanica) tips to undergraduate students in their Design projects.
• Developed Helical Heat Exchanger 3D model for heat transfer research purpose using Pro/E.
Prediction of Failure Due To Crack Coalescence in Steam Generator Tubes
Performed Abaqus/standard analysis to find the crack coalescence pressure in the steam generator tubes.
• The elastic-plastic line spring elements are used to model the cracks, which are introduced by editing the input deck generated by ABAQUS/CAE to find the stress intensity factors.
• ABAQUS/CAE is used for developing the model and the FE mesh and ABAQUS/STANDARD is used for the analysis.
• Modeled a Motor assembly and created exploded views, drawings, title block, bill of materials.
• Modeled machine components like Crank, Gear, Steering Wheel, and Flange.
• Created drawings of the Parts with detailing specifications.
• Modeled advanced features to create parts like Helical Spring, Elliptical Bowl and Twisted Gear.
Graduate: Advanced Computer Aided Design, Finite Element Analysis, Advanced Mechanical Vibrations, Problems in Advanced Dynamics, CFD and Advanced Structural Design.
Undergraduate: Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery, Machine Design, Mechanics of Solids, Machine Drawing, Thermal Engineering and Computing Techniques.