Norman J. L. Brown
**** ******* **., ******, **, K2C 3E2
First Air, Ottawa Office 2004 to Present
• Extensive experience shipping via air and land, using most major couriers as well as quote-sourced trucking companies.
• Lots of experience receiving aircraft parts and aircraft-related materials.
• Extensive warehouse work experience, maintaining inventory in a variety of parts storage facilities.
• Responsible for AOG after-hours parts procurement and purchasing, liaising worldwide with vendors and parts logistics specialists, and overseeing customs brokerage.
• Highly proficient in managing B13 documents, commercial invoices, tariff codes, as well as coordinating customs brokerage.
• Acting material rep for heavy maintenance on aircraft, co-ordinating parts supply and logistics, including daily liaising with Planning and Engineering.
• Periodically act as company-wide Material Co-ordinator responsible for ensuring parts and materials are on site for scheduled maintenance (SMAs) and line maintenance requirements (MELs, DMIs, etc); includes substantial interaction with Planning department and MCC.
• Strong ability to use the Internet as a research and support tool for vendor, routing and material verification.
• Periodic contact for after hours on-call status.
• Apply organizational skills and prioritize for multiple assignments in a single day.
• Very fit for continuous heavy lifting and labour; available for shift work
• Possess valid driver’s license.
• Employ strong customer service skills during phone, email and in-person communications.
• Maintain discretion and propriety with company property and information, and adhere to comprehensive company procedures related to safety management and facility security.
• Enjoy a team environment, and collaboration with coworkers, seeking beneficial outcomes for coworkers and the company.
• Constantly hone skills and knowledge base of company procedures and objectives in an ongoing personal improvement process.
Cemtech Computers, Ottawa, ON February 2001 to July 2004
• Provided frontline support, through emails, faxes and phone calls, to solicit vendors for defective computer parts.
• Coordinated the return of defective, in-warranty inventory, and catalogued this inventory.
• Generated goods documents, including purchase orders, commercial invoices, RMA forms, parts status records; maintained associated records.
• Helped maintain a large inventory of computer hardware, using software and paperwork.
• Provided customer service for Cemtech products via phone and email.
• Worked extensive overtime during peak periods.
Packaging/ Shipping/ Delivery
• Coordinated the packaging and shipment of computers and related products.
• Provided customer service and liaised with clients when delivering to client offices.
• Satisfied return of product with end users by coordinating the exchange of defective material with operational ones.
• Please note: Cemtech has been closed since 2004.
Hynes/ Zarin Construction, Ottawa, ON 1996-2000
• Carpentry, wood framing, building maintenance, concrete pouring, and general construction for a property development company
Education and Certification
• Construction Technician Diploma, Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON 1996
• Shipper of Dangerous Goods certification (meets international standards, recognized by Transport Canada) Updated 2011
• First Aid certification (St. John’s Ambulance level one) 2011
• WHMIS certification 2004
• First Air training in forklift operation and load securement
• High security clearance through Restricted Area Identity Card (in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada)
Skills and Competencies
• Proficient in DASH, TRAX, RAAS, and other aircraft-related software; working knowledge of TRAX
• Computer literate; skilled with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and MS Word
• Have worked with blueprints in both construction and aircraft-related environments