Memphis, Tennessee 38125
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
for Austin Allen Company, LLC (Memphis, TN).
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Active U.S. government security clearance.
• Able to make difficult decisions in stressful situations.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Eighteen years of experience in teaching, training and workforce development.
2010 – Present First-Line Supervisor U.S. Navy
• Administered leadership, instruction, and supervision to 47 employees –
efforts resulted in a 30% increase in employee job satisfaction and a 10%
increase in promotions.
• Displayed superior ability to communicate effectively in diverse nvironments.
• Expertly analyzed training, employee performance, and maintenance reports –
recognized for efficiency and accuracy of written instructions and documents.
• Handled and monitored employee relations issues, work complaints, or other
2006 – 2010 Training and Development Specialists U.S. Navy
• Developed and implemented an effective training program – efforts resulted
in a 20% increase in employee job level of knowledge.
• Coordinated work assignments, evaluated performance and mentored an eight
member safety inspection team - recognized for boosting moral and
encouraging an innovative and safe working environment.
• Demonstrated the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to
produce answers that make sense.
• Established specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish
work – personally known for having what it takes to get the job done.
2002 - 2006 First-Line Supervisor U.S. Navy
• Advised employees of job details such as duties and responsibilities,
compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions and promotion
• Exhibited superb MS Word, Excel and Power Point operational skills.
• Supervised $300 million of highly sensitive equipment – efforts led to zero
loss in a 4-year period.
• Counseled and mentored employees evaluated their performance and provided
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Bachelor of Science, Workforce Education with a specialty in Teaching,
Training and Development, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale Illinois.
• U.S. Navy: Specialized training in leadership, diversity, career
development and communications.
• Southern Illinois University Alumni Association.
Spangle Banner Baptist Church.