LEE FREDERICK, CHEM ENG - M.B.A.
Winfield, Illinois 60190
Industrial Gas ~ Chemical Sales ~ Capital Equipment Sales ~ Technical Products & Services
Award-winning, performance-driven professional with an extensive track record in sales and marketing includes consistently achieving top sales ranking while growing new business and generating significant revenue. Strategic leader with an aptitude for directing, coaching, and motivating sales teams to perform above expectations. Additional expertise in the following areas:
• Lab Equipment Sales • Familiarity With Analytical Instruments
• Strategic Planning • Key Account Management
• Business Development • Field Demonstrations
AMERIGAS, Palatine, Illinois 2011 – Present
Over two-billion dollar distributor of propane to industrial, commercial, agricultural and residential customers
Market Sales Manager
• Directed sales efforts of three account managers and nine districts.
• Developed propane autogas market, securing new large account with airport transit company
• Selected Accomplishments
President’s Club Award winner for sales management excellence
AIRGAS, West Chicago, Illinois 2001 – 2010
Four-billion dollar distributor of industrial gases, metal fab hardgoods and MRO/safety goods
Senior Account Manager
• Managed over 150 accounts in a $3.5 million Chicago territory.
• Marketed spec gases, gas equipment and process chemicals to a broad spectrum of industry.
• Created and implemented territory revenue improvement programs.
• Promoted spec gas and related equipment to laboratories.
Received the President’s Award in 2006 for outstanding sales achievement, including increasing territory size by 26% by developing and implementing a successful marketing plan, which aligned with corporate strategies.
Boosted sales by 30% through identifying new business opportunities in the specialty gas market and collaborating with outside vendors.
Awarded Account Manager of the Year in 2004 for generating 35% sales increase.
EASTEK INTERNATIONAL, Buffalo Grove, Illinois 1999 – 2001
Offshore injection molder/electronic assembly manufacturer with $18 million in annual sales.
Regional Sales Manager
• Managed $5 million Midwest regional sales team.
• Directed team of Manufacturing Representatives to generate new business deals.
• Collaborated with factory in China to communicate customer requirements.
LEE FREDERICK, M.B.A. Page Two
Increased regional sales by 24% through the development of new business at large OEM’s.
PRAXAIR, Burr Ridge, Illinois 1996 – 1999
Six-billion dollar global manufacturer and distributor of industrial gas products and services.
Electronic Applications Specialist
• Managed electronic accounts in a $10 million sales territory.
• Troubleshot customer product problems.
Expanded business by $100,000 through the creation of new flurochemical applications.
Renewed $2.8 million of contracted business.
Improved sales by 11% by utilizing industry contacts and implementing new technology.
Enhanced customer yields by 6% through implementing new wave solider/reflow technology.
LIQUID CARBONIC, Chicago, IL 1981 – 1996
One-billion dollar manufacturer of carbon dioxide, industrial gases, and related equipment.
Regional Sales Manager (1989 – 1996), Lemont, Illinois
• Directed nine employees, including six sales reps and three engineers to carryout goals and duties according to expectations.
• Recruited, trained, and motivated new sales professionals.
Produced $30 million in annual revenue by training and leading the top regional sales team.
Received rating as “Excellent Manager” in 180 evaluation conducted by an outside consultant.
Capital Equipment/Marketing Manager (1984 – 1989), Glen Ellyn, Illinois
• Marketed “big ticket” capital equipment ranging from $20,000 to $500,000 to companies in the Food Industry.
Increased regional sales by 30% through consistent contact with existing customers and new leads.
Boosted sales by 15% by directing regional marketing programs in water treatment, electronics, and pulp & paper.
Sales Engineer (1981 – 1984), Chicago, Illinois
• Managed $2.2 million sales territory with 75 accounts in Northern Illinois.
Grew sales by 25% in the competitive Chicago market.
Awarded “Salesman of the Year” in 1982 and 1983 for superior sales performance.
ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Chicago, Illinois, Master of Business Administration
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, Madison, Wisconsin, Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA, Charlottesville, Virginia, Professional Management Seminar