Edward “Ned” Pierce
March 2007 - Present D’Arrigo Brothers Co. Chelsea, MA
Solely responsible for the logistics department at D’Arrigo Brothers Co, a full line wholesale produce distribution enterprise business with over 50 years’ experience and connects to well over 300 suppliers worldwide.
• Establish and maintain records of the company standards, practices, and procedures.
• Manage all food safety guidelines and train personnel on proper practices.
• Negotiate rates with 14-16 carriers and brokers, saving D’Arrigo, a Produce wholesaler, an average of $120,000 per year.
• Implemented and maintained temperature sensitive commodity tracking systems for wholesale supply shipments increasing efficiencies.
• Coordinate billing and claims with Finance Officer for delivered vendor and wholesale loads using Microsoft Dynamics Navision System.
• Covered Sales Department staff during miscellaneous absences which resulted in increased sales growth and new customer development.
• Utilize interpersonal skills and business knowledge to negotiate competitive rates with outside vendors and wholesalers to load their commodities, increasing Logistics Department revenue to over $180,000 annually.
• Develop Tactical Plan with the President and execute business requirements for new customer development.
• Brief Executive Management on monthly and quarterly logistic market trends to support sales forecasting initiatives through the use of stored historical data.
June 2006 - February 2007 Sunkist Growers Inc Needham, MA
• Coordinate market trends and pricing activities to existing and potential customers.
• Tracked and processed customer’s orders to effectively and efficiently meet required delivery dates.
• Broker short-term leasing truck service rates for customers to meet order requirements.
• Coordinated transportation needs, where required, for assigned retail, wholesale, and/or food service customer accounts.
• Business Development efforts included representing Sunkist at tradeshows, coordinating weekly meetings with customers to discuss promotional activities, advise on pricing, and provide forecasting information on crops.
June 2002 - June 2006 Johnson, O’Hare Inc. Billerica, MA
Retail Merchandiser/Account Coordinator
• Managed over 100 personnel for Gillette Co. store projects and promotions.
• Retail coverage included Northeastern MA, Eastern VT, and all of NH as a representative of both supply chains and vendors.
June 2002 University of Massachusetts at Lowell UMASS-Lowell
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Adobe Professional. Dynamics Navision System.