RUSSELL W PLUM
Three Lanes End
Westford, Massachusetts 01886
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I have extensive Engineering experience in Electronics, Manufacturing, Testing, and Quality of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and electro-mechanical assemblies. I also have a proven record of delivering new products on time while working with Contract Manufacturing Suppliers, Design Engineering, Manufacturing, ICT Fixture Suppliers, Parts Suppliers and Board Suppliers. The Printed Circuit Boards I have worked with were used in Medical imaging, Data Acquisition, Data Transmission, Communications, Telecommunications, High-resolution Graphics, and Logic Control Systems. As a QE, I have been a valued contributor working on multiple Green Belt and Black Belt Projects, MRBs, FMEAs, RMAs, and DFMs, with training in Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, SPC, and Lean Manufacturing.
2004-2012 TEXTRON DEFENSE SYSTEMS, WILMINGTON, MA
Sr. Quality Engineer
Maintained quality assurance of all in-house Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly and assigned electro-mechanical assemblies.
• Reviewed, inputted, and approved all manufacturing build documentation, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Engineering Orders (EOs), Program Directives (PDs) pertaining to all Printed Circuit Boards and the electro-mechanical assemblies assigned.
• Reviewed manufacturing defect management system (DMS) failure data for analysis and failure trends, requested engineering changes (RDCs) to make improvements when necessary.
• Participated in daily Manufacturing stand-up team meeting, and Quality team meeting to resolve manufacturing issues.
• Participated in weekly customer Quality team meetings to report on build quality, status of issues, and worked with the customers on resolutions of issues.
• Worked with the customer to understand and provide documentation, hardware and data reporting requirements.
2000-2001 EMC CORPORATION, HOPKINGTON, MA
Test Engineer II
Developed GenRad 2228x in-circuit test (ICT) fixtures and programs for new product printed circuit boards. Installed Engineering Change Order (ECO) changes into programs and fixtures as required. Interfaced with contract manufacturers to deliver ICT fixtures and programs.
• Designed new in-circuit text fixtures. Generated, debugged, and qualified in-circuit test (ICT) programs. Delivered test fixtures and programs on time and within budget
• Installed engineering changes and enhanced existing in-circuit test programs to all contract manufacturers to convert production to new revisions.
• Reviewed, evaluated and improved manufacturing processes of contract manufacturer for workmanship, handling and testing standards to insure compliance with company requirements, which reduced the initial turn on failure rate.
1998-2000 LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC., NORTH ANDOVER, MA
In-circuit Test Engineer
Maintained over forty in-circuit test programs, making improvements and changes as required. Qualified and debugged new test fixtures and programs. Monitored first test yield and electrical defect data to make improvements to assembly processes and supplier parts.
• Qualified ICT fixtures and programs using Golden unit to run multiple test at various voltages.
• Debugged ICT fixtures and programs on time and under budget.
• Installed engineering changes and enhanced existing in-circuit test programs to allow manufacturing to convert production to new board revisions.
• Trained engineering of overseas division to qualify in-circuit test programs and in-circuit test fixtures to allow overseas division to convert production to new overseas location.
Russell W Plum
Page 2 of 2
1998 TAD TECHNICAL, NORTH ANDOVER, MA
Instrumentation Engineer (Hewlett Packard, Andover, MA)
1997-1998 PRI AUTOMATION, BILLERICA, MA
1993-1997 POLAROID CORPORATION, CAMBRIDGE, MA
Advanced Electronics Engineer
1991 UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, Lowell, MA
1989 UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, Lowell, MA
2008 Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) trained in ASMEY14.5M standard - Technical Documentation Consultants of Arizona – September
2012 IPC-A-610 Certified IPC Specialist – March
2012 Active US Security Clearance - Secret
1970-1973 US ARMY SECURITY AGENCY
MOS 33F20 Intercept Demultiplexing Repairman