DISTRIBUTION/ WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Exceptional leader and motivator with a hands-on management style and 20+ years of success in fast paced, efficient Warehouse and DC environments. Maintain high visibility at all levels of operation to achieve phenomenal results. Competent staff trainer and motivator with experience in hiring of exempt and non-exempt staff. Work well with people at all levels, union/non-union personnel, vendors, and customers to meet demands of business. Keys to success include:
• Adept in all facets of Product/Project Management,
• Maintain accuracy of inventory.
• Evaluate job performance of associates and counsel employees for unacceptable performance/attendance.
• Developing and implementing methods and procedures to improve efficiency and safety of operations.
• Administer company policies and procedures.
• Maximize the labor force to meet daily objectives.
• Understanding of WMS and experience in a RF environment.
• Analyze reports and interpret data to plan daily production goals.
• Offer unique perspectives and conceive innovative solutions.
• Develop and implement methods and procedures to improve efficiency and safety of operations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and organizational.
• Analytical minded with a keen technical acumen.
• Forecast and respond to production volume and labor needs to maximize productivity and ensure quality
• Consistent track record of leading people, projects, and resources to meet demanding timelines while ensuring profitability.
• High degree of enthusiasm and commitment to outstanding customer service.
• Established reputation for quality, satisfaction, and results as demonstrated through continuously enhancing the bottom line.
Operations Management • Production Planning & Scheduling • Cycle Counts • Project Management
Personnel Management • Team Building & Leading • Staff Training & Development • Labor Relations
Quality Control • Product Ordering & Receipt • Inventory Management • Root Cause Analysis
Follow-Up & Problem Solving • Process Improvement • Operational Streamlining • Vendor Relations
Safety Initiatives • Equipment Maintenance • Regulatory Compliance • Budget Administration
A.I.B. Auditing • Customer Service • Recording & Reporting • Cost Control • Revenue Growth
Bio-Test Labs, Gibsonia, PA (2/2012 – Present)
Pick up samples from Physician Offices, Hospitals and Airport and deliver to lab for analysis in a timely professional manner.
Creekside Springs, Pittsburgh, PA (7/2011 – 12/2011)
Supervise staff of 30 and provide operational oversight for daily production demands at a busy bottled water facility. Prepare work schedules, delegate assignments, and ensure continuous alignment with daily production goals. Apply and uphold all company policies and protocol to maintain a safe, efficient, and profitable plant. Oversee equipment operations, maintenance, and servicing. Train staff on equipment and procedures as required.
• Assumed position at a time when no formal training programs were in place, set-up formal training sessions, and ensured uniformity/consistency of operation at all levels.
• Maintained high visibility throughout the plant and promoted an upbeat, friendly work environment that discouraged absenteeism, and recognized staff loyalty.
Advance Auto Parts, Pittsburgh, PA (4/2011 – 7/2011)
Delivery Driver (Part Time)
Received and processed customer and individual automotive parts orders, made product deliveries, and ensured quality customer standards for optimal account management.
Bay Valley Foods, (Previously Del Monte Foods) Pittsburgh, PA (3/2006 – 7/2010)
Managed staff of 5 direct salaried reports and 100+ union members. Provided operational oversight within a 250K square foot warehouse facility that serviced a variety of food manufacturing accounts with private label products for over 2,800 SKU’s. Applied company policies and procedures for optimal warehouse and distribution operations that included receiving, packing, and shipping of 14M cases of private label soups per year. Administered a $1M operational budget and communicated frequently with Senior Warehouse Management on business requirements and budgetary compliance. Made recommendations for improvements to labor cost, maintenance, and overtime expenses.
• Promoted to Department Manager based on exemplary on-the-job contributions as a Warehouse Supervisor.
• Responsible for implementation and employee training of an entirely automated Warehouse Management System for Inventory (WMS – RF) that greatly enhanced operations.
• Created a Continuous Improvement Team comprised of salaried and hourly staff that honed in on waste reduction through diligence and root cause analysis that resulted in a $200K cost savings within a 1 year period.
• Collaborate with supervisors and other departments to maximize the labor force to meet daily objectives.
• Serviced and maintained key client accounts with industry leaders such as Wal-Mart, Aldi Foods, and Food Lion.
Del Monte Foods, (Previously H.J. Heinz Company) Pittsburgh, PA (5/2002 – 3/2006)
Warehouse Supervisor (3/2004 – 3/2006)
Supervised staff and operations within the warehouse and supported daily production demands. Applied company policies and procedures for a safe, efficient, and productive operation.
• Redesigned warehouse and relocated A Class items to closer proximity of labeling lines that greatly enhanced daily output.
• Set-up designated Staging/Receiving areas for greater staff and operational efficiencies.
• Promoted to Warehouse Supervisor from Warehouse Coordinator based on exemplary job contributions.
H.J. Heinz Company
Warehouse Coordinator (5/1990 – 3/2004)
Planned and coordinated daily work assignments and routines within the Warehouse. Instructed staff on all warehouse policies and procedures to meet daily goals and objectives.
• Advanced from a union position to Warehouse Coordinator.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE (3/1978 – 5/1990)
• Warehouse Worker, H.J. Heinz Company
B.S. in Business, Point Park University, Pittsburgh, PA (3.75/Cum Laude)
Advanced Diploma/Theology, Life Christian University, Lutz, FL