Nashville, TN **214
Over 10 years of experience in account management, business development, direct sales, and over 15 years of operations, accounting and sales management. A proven producer of sales and profit with ability to pinpoint business opportunities and plan, develop, and execute business strategies under challenging marketing conditions. A natural leader with distinctive people skills.
Sept 2007 to
Present Sales Manager/Mortgage Banker, National Fidelity Mortgage, Nashville, TN
Responsibilities include training, directing, coaching and supervising a staff of 8 in all aspects of the mortgage sales process.
• Coach and motivate sales team to reach personal and branch goals using consultive sales approach.
Nov 2003 to
September 2007 Branch/Sales Manager, Home Funds Direct, Nashville, TN
Responsibilities included building a sales and support team, profit and loss, training, directing, coaching and supervising a staff of 10 in all aspects of the mortgage loan process. Performed budgeting, forecasting and pipeline management and communicated results to regional and divisional managers on a daily basis.
• Developed branch from startup in 2003 to $52 Million in volume, $3.5 Million in revenue in 2006.
• Initiated sales strategies and tactics that enabled loan officers to finish in the top 10 in sales each month by incorporating the consultive sales approach.
• Finished in the top 3% nationwide for number of loans closed in 2005
Oct 2002 to Nov 2003 Marketing and Sales Director, Marlin Financial and Leasing, Nashville, TN
Developed marketing and sales plan for a third party equipment leasing company. Analyzed customer’s financial statements for credit worthiness and matched them with financial institutions to obtain equipment financing.
• Initiated marketing campaign that resulted in the branch closing the largest transaction in company history.
Jan 1999 to Oct 2002 President, Advanced Mail, LLC, Nashville, TN
Personally performed all operations management, sales, scheduling, strategic planning and accounting work required by a growing business mailing service with 8 employees and 600K in revenue.
• Maintained and expanded large diverse customer base.
• Initiated equipment and software purchases aiding in attracting new customers and better serving existing ones.
• Utilized database management experience to aid customers in reaching their clientele through target marketing.
• Prospected for new business resulting in increasing sales by 50%.
Jan 1991 to Dec 1998 Business Tax Director, Metropolitan Nashville Government, Nashville, TN
• Initiated consolidation of two government offices resulting in substantial savings and increased efficiency.
• Prepared yearly budget and managed accounting department responsible for 200 million in annual revenue.
Feb 1990 to Dec 1990 Internal Auditor, Metro Nashville Government, Nashville, TN
Assisted in performance and compliance audits of Metro Government Agencies.
July 1985 to Dec 1989 University of Tennessee at Knoxville
Earned bachelors degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.