Patricia M. Hastings
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced manager with expertise in human relations and program management
• Extensive background in staff recruitment and retention
• Proven staff training, coaching and development skills
• Thorough knowledge of data collection, protocol development confidentiality issues
• Successful development and implementation of Policies and Procedures
• Accomplished goal and result driven leader
• Seasoned problem solver and troubleshooter
• Strong team player and team builder
2010-present University of Utah subcontracted with Utah State University Logan, Utah
Head Study Manager/National Children’s Study (NCS): Successfully manage national Study piloting new recruitment schema.
• Recruited, hired and manage twenty five staff representing call center, field research team, data management team, birth visit technicians and corresponding supervisors.
• Developed and implemented successful participant recruitment and retention plans with site now ranked as top performing location nationwide for participant recruitment, consents, and retention.
• Established policy and procedures and conduct staff assessments which have resulted in high staff satisfaction, production and retention over life of Study.
• Delivered multiple community and business based outreach activities resulting in widespread awareness and voluntary participation and support of the Study.
• Successfully completed all Study protocols on time, under budget and exceeded projections on number of participants enrolled and retained.
2008-2010 National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago Waukesha, WI
Field Project Manager /National Children’s Study (NCS): Representing NORC, a subcontractor, collaborated and with primary Investigators University of Wisconsin Madison and Medical College of WI, as Field Project Manager and Office Manager.
• Recruited, hired and trained fifty-plus field data collectors, five office staff of field coordinators to carry out listing, enumeration, interviewing, screening and consenting eligible women into NCS.
• Impacted decisions on protocol, production, budget and staffing by representing NORC in weekly national and local management team calls.
• Successfully completed all Study protocols on time, under budget, exceeding projections on number of participants enrolled.
• Assured integrity of Study protocol by conducting ongoing assessments, verifications and validations of Study data, data collectors, and protocols.
• Developed and maintained relationships with healthcare and community based organizations to gain support for the Study.
2006-2008 Assurant Health Milwaukee, WI
Training & Quality Improvement Specialist: Conducted analysis and audit of clinical and business teams throughout major health insurance company to improve productivity and profitability.
• Developed workflow with audit criteria for quality assessment of non-clinical and clinical staff.
• Successfully conducted needs assessments, developed and implemented training, interdepartmentally as well as new hire.
• Became a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Call Center and developed a quality assessment system for phone center.
• Created and conducted quality audit of the appeals process, letters and correspondence processes.
• Developed workflows for the Pharmacy and Administrative Assistant departments to improve efficiency and productivity.
2004-2006 Cardio Net Conshohocken, PA
Patient Educator Field Supervisor: Remote supervision of patient educators who perform in-home and telephonic patient education and hook up of physician prescribed cardiac monitoring devices. This device was a state of the art, innovative addition to the cardiac monitoring market and was marketed and prescribed similar to a clinical research study in that there neither was little to no data on previous trials nor was there insurance coverage approval at his point.
• Successfully recruited, hired, and managed remote field team.
• Scheduled, audited payroll and expense approval, troubleshooting and technical assistance; quality control, and training.
• Reported on budget, patient data and analyzed utilization on a weekly basis.
• Developed relationships with Account Executives, physician practices and facilities in multi-state service delivery area.
1991-2004 American Red Cross Milwaukee, WI
Training Specialist (1991-92): Certified to teach CPR, First Aid, HIV/AIDS Education, and OSHA training sessions.
• Large and small group presentations, peer education training, national Train-the-Trainer status.
Statewide HIV/AIDS Program Coordinator (1992-1996): Through a CDC Grant, represented Wisconsin as the State HIV/Aids Coordinator.
• Provided services to the state of Wisconsin including: instructor training, development, and management; community outreach; and technical and educational support.
Account Manager, Health & Safety Service (1996-1997): Developed and implemented Account Manager position as focus of agency shifted to revenue generating programming.
• Developed a marketing and sales approach of Health & Safety training, instituting a “cost for service” business model.
• Transitioned to a relationship building mode of practice with clients.
• Conducted presentations and proposal writing to advance our business model.
Training & Development Manager (1997-2003): Direct supervision of over forty full time, per diem and volunteer instructors.
• Recruited, hired, oriented and trained all full time, per diem and volunteer instructors.
• Analysis and scheduling of resources including staff, budget, and materials.
• Developed and implemented pay levels for full time and per diems instructors.
Community Education Outreach Manager (2003-2004): Agency desired to return to a volunteer instructor base to respond to declining budget. Developed and implemented a recruitment plan to produce a volunteer roster of safety education presenters in a six county area.
• Identified Community partners in six counties and maintained relationships within each community.
• Developed and implemented a new protocol for training volunteers.
1990-1991 Johnson & Johnson/Personal Products Milwaukee, WI
Sales Merchandiser: In person sales and service to retail / wholesale stores.
1988-1990 Prudential Preferred Properties Milwaukee, WI
Realtor/ Sales Agent: Realtor. 1988 All Company Sales Rookie of the Year Award.
1973-1988 Clinic and hospital employment Milwaukee, WI
Laboratory Technician / Medical Assistant: Employers included specialty clinics, HMO, hospital and Blood Center. Skills include phlebotomy, microscopic lab analysis, and general medical office procedures.
University of Utah
Certificate in Project Management Fundamentals 2012
National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago
Certificate as Trainer in Mastering the Dynamics of Training 2011
Warren National University
Bachelor of Science Leadership and Management 2008
Cardinal Stritch University
Certificate in Human Resource Management 1998
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Certificate in Non-Profit Management 1997