• To obtain a position in Human Resources, providing opportunity to make a strong contribution to the company. That will allow me to use my Public Relations strategies to develop and expand to further develop HR policy, streamline recruitment and structure employee relations.
• Bachelor of Science, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
• Major: Speech Communication; Specialization: Public Relations
• Anticipated Graduation- August 2008- December 2012
Information Systems Technician, January 2012- current SIUC Library Systems- Carbondale, IL.
• Adjust at moving into any new environment, using my past knowledge and experience, to quickly adapt to new technology and software
• Gained knowledge of installation and troubleshooting software
• Handled the tasks of updating daily logs with site-specific information
Help Desk Technician, August 2010 – current SIUC Information Tech Dept. - Carbondale, IL.
• Install/uninstall software programs to keep programs current and virus free
• Utilize various operations systems including Vista home premium, Windows 7, and Mac operating systems
• Use strong communication skills to assist lab users, provide tech support and interact with clients and co-workers
Public Relations Development Specialist Intern, June 2011- August 2011 Women’s Center- Carbondale, IL.
• Applied writing skills on press releases, organizational fliers, and brochures
• Advertised awareness and promoted the things we offer to helping women in need
• Assisted/Volunteered with event planning with the fundraising committee
Beauty Advisor/ Cashier, July 2006- November 2010 Walgreens- Park Forest, IL.
• Assisted customers and provided advice and recommendations for products based on their needs/requests
• Stocked shelves to keep products available and displays maintained
• Promoted weekly featured products
Telemarketer/Customer Service Rep., May 2009-July 2009 Americall- Lansing, IL.
• Assisted customers over the phone with life insurance purchases
• Arranged appointments for insurance reps to meet with customers
• Improved communication skills
Executive Administrator, July 2009- August 2009 Ceda /God’s Harbor Ford Heights, IL.
• Prepared flyers to advertise events for the center, distributed within local area
• Interacted with clients/parents; accepted payments, handled registrations, etc.
• Served as receptionist; answered phones; greeted office visitors
• Conducted tours of facility for new customers/parents and to promote services we offered
• Member of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
• Member of the Speech Communication Club at SIUC
• Ceda-Headstart- Ford Heights, IL: A childcare initiative program that assisted with children ages 3-5 years old
• Nosrac Rehab and Rentals- Flossmoor, IL: This business rehabs homes, in this position I was a secretary.
• Youth and Adult Center (YAC) - Chicago Heights, IL; A rehabilitation center for males with drug abuse, that were homeless, or released from jail. Assisted the set-up of the center.
1. Intern Supervisor
610 S. Thompson St.
Carbondale, IL. 62901
2. Information Technology Administration
University Park, IL. 60466