GORDON G. RALSTON
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506
SALES / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Turning hard work into growth-success into value by building strong relationships. driving sales and providing exceptional customer service.
Award-winning sales professional with extensive experience increasing revenue, expanding markets and optimizing profits for multiple operations. Expertise encompasses strategic sales initiatives, negotiations and delivery of quality products and customer services. Excel in identifying, cultivating and maintaining productive and loyal client relationships. Selected accomplishments include national number one rankings and company specific awards.
ABILITIES & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Dairy Merchandiser of the Year Award, among over 400 representatives.
• Increased market share, expanded new business, increasing sales an average 35% per year while managing and servicing over 100 accounts.
• Salesperson of the year, recipient of Presidents Club Award-four consecutive years.
• Ranked top three in sales among over 500 sales representatives while setting up sales and salary guidelines to recruit and retain a local and national sales force.
Sales Manager 2007/2008
Probuss, Inc. Grand Rapids, MI
Contract position, short term to help launch sales and marketing plan for corporate service products with full accountability for achieving performance goals. Coordinate all sales initiatives, identify and develop new opportunities and manage key client relationships.
• Implemented and drove business plan that exceeded sales and operating goals.
• Develop and support the implementation of operational standards throughout the company to achieve measurable results.
Territory Manager 2001/2007
Stonhard Inc. Grand Rapids, MI
Provided leadership responsible for all sales, installation and management in the highly competitive West Michigan market of industrial and commercial flooring products. Activities included generating new sales, managing client relationships, conducting audits, accounts receivable managing installation of critical systems.
• Instituted measures that resulted in increased profitability over previous year and expanded territory sales in a decreased geographic area.
• Introduced cutting edge upscale products for targeted customer base, playing a key role increasing visibility, customer exposure and profitability.
Business Development 1991/2008
Coral Laundries, Inc. Wyoming, MI
Self-service laundry facility, Owner
Territory Manager 1991/1995
Cintas Corporation Grand Rapids, MI
Responsible for sales development and supplied specialized products and services to large, medium and small businesses and institutions. Coordinated sales and salary guidelines to recruit and retain local and national sales force.
• Ranked #1, #2, #3 nationally among over 500 sales representatives.
• Recipient of presidents club award-four consecutive years.
• National Salesperson of the Year Award.
Territory Manager 1986/1991
Gordon Food Service Grand Rapids, MI
Accomplished dramatic sales results in a specific geographic territory while managing and servicing over 100 accounts. Provided extraordinary customer service while maintaining sales and budget goals.
• Increased market penetration within existing accounts while expanding new business and increasing sales an average 35% per year.
• Dairy Merchandiser of the Year Award among over 400 representatives.
• Presidents Club Award.
B.A. Business Administration – Marketing/Communications
Davenport University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Grand Rapids Junior College
References and further data provided upon establishment of mutual interest.