Spring Valley, CA 91978
Looking to become an integral part of an organization dedicated to meaningful work where I can support my supervisors, with abilities and skills I have already acquired, and learn new talents along the way.
Microsoft Office 2007, Vista
Receptionist and A/P & HR Assistant, July 2010- April 2012
Jomar Electrical Contractors, Houston, TX
• Responsible for general office duties, including but not limited to: answering multi-system phone lines, data entry, entering of invoices, and filing and faxing,
• Assisted HR and AP with daily activities
• Provided writing support and dictations for president of company
• Provided the banking division with billing assistance and dispatch
• Monthly credit card reconciliations (multiple cards)
• Administered training safety videos and tests as well as collected documentation for employee files
Assistant Cash Office Manager, Lead Sales September 2008- May 2010
Michael’s Arts & Crafts, Houston, TX
• Shared responsibility of balancing tills, collecting deposits, change orders, verifying statements and rectifying issues on said statements
• Interacted directly with the bank on all monetary issues.
• Monitored petty cash account and oversaw reimbursement program. Decreased unnecessary petty cash spending by 10% compared to the years before under supervision of past office manager.
• Put into practice employee of the month program with incentives, increasing employee activity by 25%, and creating a personnel accountability/tracking log.
• Scheduled interviews, administered new employee tests and collected necessary documentation for work
• Wrote work schedules and trained new hires.
• Set up and directed employees in drug screening tests when necessary
• In addition I trained new employees on cashier procedures, stocking, ad sets and receiving shipments
Office Manager, May 2005- August 2008
Matco Tools Houston, TX
• Performed general office duties of answering phones, faxing, filing and other duties necessary for daily operations.
• Kept track of inventory of merchandise and assisted in re-ordering supplies.
• Developed organizational system for client credit and personal information. Ran credit checks and approved customers for credit lines for company products.
University of Houston Downtown, Houston, TX (Spring 2010-Present)
B.S., Social Sciences, Expected May 2013
Lone Star College System Main Campus @ Barker Cypress, Houston, TX (Fall 2005-Fall 2009)
Associates of Applied Sciences received May 2009