Jeremy L. Shaffer
Experienced Sales Call Center Manager and Telecommunications Specialist
Dedicated: to management and inspiring enthusiasm for improvement. An enthusiastic leader: creative, and passionate about motivating others to succeed.
Driven: by the belief that "approach is everything" and all professionals can learn and thrive in a working environment that is stimulating and appropriate to their unique talents and abilities.
Visionary Team Leader: Utilize a visionary approach with consistency to help get past the threshold of ‘not-knowing’
to ‘knowing’, and develop team members to their fullest potential.
“Bridge Builder” and Experienced Call Center Management Professional: with a history of successes coupled with 10 years of experience in call center management; implementing effective call and sales strategies in a responsible and profitable manner to meet sales goals and quotas.
Originations/Call Center Manager
Santander Consumer USA
9/2007 to Current
• Manage, train and support 20+ call center sales representatives to ensure high production and quality within the inbound call center by implementing a stringent hiring and sales training processes, conducting performance reviews and motivating and coaching team to meet productivity goals
• Play a pivotal role in determining areas of improvement within the call center that have consistently increased performance by 10%-15% within 30 days of implementation
• Impacted and drove productivity by creating a monthly “Scorecard” to better measure performance metrics
• Address governance and regulatory compliance issues with auto dealer customers demonstrating knowledge of applicable law, regulations, and codes
• Mange and police company policies, procedures and standards, to produce profitable originations results
• Partner with auto dealers and company sales team on escalated issues and resolve problems efficiently and effectively by finding a common resolution
• Compile data based on various audits conducted by quality assurance to determine the course of actions
required to increase overall quality of work by associates.
• Create, analyze, and manage CRM reporting data for various departments
• Identified problems within the organization and influenced upper management to consider changes to resolve ongoing issues; as a result new and more efficient procedures were implemented
• Significantly contributed to process improvement and technology innovation
• Responsible for the overall management, business development, analysis and monitoring of highly complex and sometimes adverse news to dealerships and associates when necessary.
Originations/Call Center Manager
Capital One Auto Finance
11/2001 to 09/2007
• Managed a team of up to 50+ call center sales representatives in an outbound call center with the purpose of
cold calling auto dealerships to create new business opportunities.
• Independently created a report of potential approvals/leads to call on, which in the first 90 days resulted in an increase in business by 20%
• Developed a performance-driven culture that ensured accountability and personal responsibility of call center team through sales development training in: sales, customer service management and communications
• Managed department expenses and budget
• Created and launched a performance metrics and call strategy for department and executed plan in a positive manner that drove performance, increased call quality and increased business and account activity within the
sales representative’s territory
• Built and maintained relationships both internally and externally to ensure that escalated issues from dealerships were resolved to a satisfaction and in a timely manner
• Increased sales by building a positive relationships with Regional Sales Managers and maintaining an open communication system with call center team and internal and external customers
• Orchestrated a relationship with CarMax’s management team to ensure consistent open lines of communication between CarMax and Capital One Auto Finance
• Oversaw the development and management of the loan originations team which supported the CarMax business partnership which included selling policy and program changes to management regarding both CarMax and the Core lines of business
• Met and exceed the turnaround times for Underwriting and Call Volume goals by coordinating and supporting the CarMax partnership
• Developed a reporting system that identified areas of improvement and developmental growth within the call center team, which resulted in continuous improvements increasing business with CarMax by 15%.
• Monitored production and provided coaching and feedback to associates on a regular basis to ensure that team maintained their top performance month over month
US Army/ Sargent, E-5
10/1994 to 11/2001
• Managed company budget. Responsible for fuel cost, ordering supplies and P&L reporting
• Received an award for superior performance as the supervisor of a large extension switching system with 100 subscribers with both digital and analog communication capabilities, and 2 line of sight communication systems
• Recognized on numerous occasions for high sense of commitment and stellar performance as the supervisor of a tropospheric scatter communication system with up to 144 external subscribers, a tactical satellite communication system, and a node center electronic switching system with external terminals used with digital and analog subscribers.
• Managed the installation of the new software into 3 electronic switching systems which resulted into no errors and seamless conversion of new software
• Trained 15 personnel in operations, installation, and maintenance of a large electronic switching system, and 2 line of sight communication systems, 2 10 kilowatt generators and 2 5 kilowatt generators
• Conducted training of 250 personnel in proper setup, operation, and maintenance of tropospheric scatter communication systems
• Maintained and troubleshot signal flow for all electronic switching systems, transmission systems, T-1 circuit systems, and cisco router computer data systems
Fayetteville Technical College 12/1995
Glendale Community College 05/1994
Siena Heights University 05/1993
Affiliations and Certifications
LEAN Six Sigma
• MS Office :
• (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Access),
• Exceptional People Management,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills,
• Strong negotiation skills,
• Ability to effectively assess risk.
• Possess knowledge of time restraints for new and renewal business.
• Demonstrate technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
• Ability to function in a team environment.