• Sabbatical: Computer Aided Process-Product Engineering Center (CAPEC), Department of chemical and biological engineering, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), July-September 2011.
• Visiting scholar, chemical engineering department, University of Waterloo, Canada, July 2004- July 2005.
• PhD (2000-2005), Chemical engineering, Shiraz Un.-Shiraz-Iran. PhD thesis title: "Artificial neural network modeling and optimal control of methanol reactor with catalyst deactivation”.
• M.S (1998-2000), Chemical Engineering, Shiraz University Shiraz-Iran. M.S thesis title:" Mathematical Modeling and Evaluation of CO2 Absorption with K2CO3 Solution in Turbulent Contact Absorber".
• B.S (1994-1998), Chemical Engineering (gas industries).Final year project title: “Estimating and preventing two phase flow in Aghajari –Mahshar gas pipeline”, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
• Associate Professor, Chem. Eng Dep., Faculty of Chemical ENG., UTM, Johor, Malaysia, Sep. 2009(Promoted to Associate Prof. in August 2010).
• International liaison manager of Prospect, Chem. Eng Dep., Faculty of Chemical ENG., UTM, Johor, Malaysia, since Dec. 2010.
• Assistant professor, Chemical Eng. Dep., Razi Un., Kermanshah, Iran, Sep. 2005 – Sep. 2009.
• Head of central library, Razi Un., Kermanshah, Iran, Jan. 2007- Sep 2009.
• Founder and director of simulation and artificial intelligence research center, Razi Un., Kermanshah, Iran, Jan. 2007- Sep. 2009.
• APPLIED MATHEMATICS FOR CHEMICAL ENGINEERING.
• NUMERICAL METHODS FOR CHEMICAL ENGINEERING.
• HEAT TRANSFER
• ADVANCED HEAT TRANSFER (GRAD COURSE)
• ADVANCED MATHEMATICS FOR CHEMICAL ENGINEERING(GRAD COURSE)
• PROCESS CONTROL
• MASS TRANSFER
• CHEMICAL ENGINEERING REACTOR DESIGN
• INTRODUCTION TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
• ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK (GRAD COURSE)
• SPECIAL TOPICS IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE(GRAD COURSE)
• COMPUTATIONAL METHODS( GRAD COURSE)
1. Mahdieh Abolhasani: application of artificial neural network in Refinery and Petrochemistry (2008).
2. Aqeel Ahmed Bazmi: Superstructure Optimization of Decentralized Electricity Generation Scenario using Palm Oil Biomass (2009- now).
3. Tohid Nejad Ghaffar Borhani: Modeling and Optimization of carbon dioxide removal using Hot Potassium Carbonate (Benfield) Process (2009- now).
4. Abbas Azarpour Hassankiadeh: Heterogeneous Dynamic Modeling, Simulation, and Optimization of PTA Plant Industrial 4-CBA Hydrogenation Reactor Experiencing Catalyst Deactivation (2010- now)
5. Reza Marandi: CFD Simulation of a Fluidized-Bed Poly Ethylene Polymerization Reactor (co-supervised by me, supervisor: Dr Shahri Hashim) (2010- now).
6. Intan Salleh: Expert maintenance and troubleshooting of palm oil refining plant (co-supervised by me, supervisor: Dr Khairiah Mohd Yusif) (2010- now).
7. Vahid Akbari : CFD simulation of a recycled Fluidized bed reactor (2011- now)
8. Ali Amiri: Prediction of Formation Water Saturation in Tight Gas Sandstones (co-supervised by me, supervisor: Dr Mohd Hussain) (2011- now).
9. Suardi Suhaimi : modeling the performance of new biodiesel engine (2011-now).
10. Daryoush Gholamzadeh: performance analysis of a new developed membrane (2011-now) (co-supervised by me, supervisor:Prof. Mohd Fauzi Ismaeel).
11. Phoon Lee Yee: Physical property estimation of new biodiesel (2012-now).
12. Amjad Riaz: modeling and optimization of supercritical fluid extraction from essential oils (2012-now).
13. Syazwant abd Aziz: Modeling and Optimization of Biogas Production to Generate Electricity from palm oil mill effluents using Anaerobic Digestion Process (2012-now).
14. Hamid Kazemi Esfeh: Theoretical and computational study of hydrogen production in water electrolyzer using proton exchange membrane (2012-now).
Current master students: Fadzirah Jumairi,
Finished MS thesis:
1. Hamed Yaghoobi,” modeling of Bistoon petrochemical complex dehydrogenation reactor”, Jun., 2007.
2. Sasan Mohammad Zadeh” artificial neural network modeling of Tabriz refinery plat former unit” (co supervised by Dr Moradi), Nov., 2007.
3. Mohsen Choopani” simulation of Arak petrochemical complex etylen oxide reactor”, July, 2008.
4. Sahar Saba,”Neuro Fuzzy modeling of ozone level around a heavily industrialized area”, Oct., 2008.
5. Saeid Yahyaee,” ANN and statistical modeling of visbreaker unit”, Oct., 2008, ( Co supervised by Dr Hayati).
6. Fatemeh Yavari,” Evaluation and modeling of solvent deasphalting plant using ANN “, Oct. 2008, (Co supervised by Dr Hayati).
7. Mohammad Hasan Rasoolian, “Simulation of unifinear reactor of Kermanshah refinery”, Feb. 2009.
8. Said Azizi,” Forecasting electricity demand in Ontario regions of Canada using neuro-fuzzy method”, Sep. 2009.
9. Mostafa Tarin,” simulation of naphtha reforming reactor in Kermanshah Un.”, Sep. 2009.
10. Mohammad Hasan Almasvandi, “Fuzzy logic gas consumption pressure management in Kermanshah city during peak demand time”, Feb. 2010.
11. Fatemeh Taherinia, “extraction of oil from hempseed”, Sep. 2010 (co supervised by Dr Shah Abadi).
12. Maryam Koliaee, ”Modeling and optimization of biodiesel production from waste cooking oil using anion exchange resins”, Jan. 2011 (co supervised by Prof. Mohammad Mahmood al Nasef)
13. Leila Ezzatzadegan, “Neuro fuzzy Kinetic Modeling of Propylene Polymerization”, Jan. 2011(co supervised by Dr Khairial Mohd Yusif)
14. Saeed Akbari,” Estimating Asphaltene Precipitation in the Presence of in Oil Reservoirs”, Jan. 2011(co supervised by Dr Haslenda Hashim)
15. Ehsan Rahimi,” Mathematical modeling and optimization of chamomile extraction with supercritical carbon dioxide”, May 2011.
16. Amjad Riaz,” MODELLING AND OPTIMISATION OF A NEW ENERGY EFFICIENT INTEGRATED METHANOL REACTOR”, Nov. 2011.
17. Meysam Davoodi,” NEURO FUZZY AND HYBRID MODELING OF SUPERCRITICAL FLUID EXTRACTION OF PIMPINELLA ANISUM L. SEED”, May 2012.
18. Alireza Rafiee, “Designing and developing process for CO2 extraction from polluted air” 2012.
AREA OF INTERESTS:
Sustainable System Engineering:
Sustainable Process Design, Sustainable Development, Dynamic Modeling Simulation and Optimization, Green Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Energy Saving, Process Analysis and Improvement, Planning for Energy Production, Renewable Energy, Supercritical fluid extraction.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
• G. Zahedi, Introduction to FEMLAB programming for chemical engineers, Razi Un. Press, October 2006, Kermanshah, Iran.
• G. Zahedi, Industrial Methanol reactor dynamic modeling and optimization, ISBN-NR.: 978-3-8443-8863-3, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG, Germany, 2011.
• Z. A. Mnan, Gholamreza Zahedi, Modeling and optimization of supercritical and subcritical fluid extraction, John Wiley, in Press, 2012.
• Gholamreza Zahedi, Aqeel Ahmed Bazmi, Abdul Waheed Bhutto, and Ali Elkamel,” Decentralized energy systems: concept, planning and modeling”, John Wiley, in Press, 2012.
1. Zahedi G., Elkamel A., Lohi A., Jahanmiri A., Rahimpor M. R., 2006, “Hybrid Model Formulation for the Unsteady State Simulation of a Packed Bed Reactor for CO2 Hydrogenation to Methanol” in Computational Methods, edited by G.R. LIU, V.B.C. Tan and X. Han, Springer, ISBN:1-4020-3952-2, 978-1402039522,143-147, 2006.
2. Gholamreza Zahedi, Aqeel Bazmi, Abdul Waheed Bhutto, "Chapter 6: The Environmental Impacts in Industrialization ", Advances in Environmental Research. Volume 20, edited by: Justin A. Daniels, published by: Nova Publishers,, ISBN: 978-1-61324-869-0, pp: 147-162, 2012.
3. Gholamreza Zahedi, ” Converting waste cooking oil to biodiesel using supercritical reactor”, In press, UTM publication, 2012.
1. Zahedi G.R, "Raw mix control", Cement Industry, vol. 65, pp 26-29, 2002, (article is Farsi).
2. Zahedi G., A.Jahnmiri, M. R. Rahimpor," A neural network approach for prediction of the CuO-ZnO-Al2O3 catalyst deactivation", Int. J. Chem. Reactor Eng., Vol. 3, Article A8, 2005.
3. Zahedi, G., A. Elkamel, A. Lohi, A.Jahanmiri, M.R.Rahimpor, "Hybrid model formulation for the unsteady state simulation of a packed bed reactor for CO2 hydrogenation to methanol", Chem. Eng. Journal, Vol. 115, issue 1-2 pp. 113-120, 2005.
4. Zahedi, G., A. Elkamel, A. Lohi, A. Jahanmiri, "Mathematical Modeling of Turbulent Contact Absorber", Chem. Eng. Tech. Journal, 2006, 29, No.8, 916-922.
5. Zahedi, G., H. Fgaier, A.Jahanmiri and G. Al-Enezi, "Artificial neural network identification and evaluation of hydrotreater plant", Pet. Sci. and Tech., 24, 1447–1456, 2006.
6. Zahedi, G., A. Elkamel, A. Lohi, “Enhancing CO2 Conversion to Methanol Using Dynamic Optimization, Applied on Shell Temperature and Inlet Hydrogen during 4 Years Operation of Methanol Plant", Energy Sources, 29, 1385–1396, 2007.
7. Zahedi, G., A. Elkamel, A. Lohi, ”Dynamic Optimization Strategies of a Heterogeneous Reactor for CO2 Conversion to Methanol”, Energy & Fuels, 27, 2977-2983, 2007.
8. Madaeni, S.S., G. Zahedi, M. Aminnegad, "Artificial neural network modeling of O2 separation from air in a hollow fiber membrane module", Asia-Pac. J. Chem. Eng., 3, 357–363, 2008,.
9. Mahdi, K., R. Gheshlaghi, G. Zahedi and A. Lohi," Characterization and modeling of a crude oil desalting plant by a statistically designed approach", Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 61,116-123, 2008.
10. Zahedi, G., S. Mohammad Zadeh and G. Moradi,” Enhancing gasoline production in an industrial catalytic reforming unit using artificial neural networks”, Energy & Fuels, 22, 2671–2677, 2008.
11. Zahedi, G., S. Mohammad Zadeh, “A new vapor pressure equation for pure substances”, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 25, 6, 1514-1517, 2008.
12. Ali Elkamel, Zahedi,G., C. Marthon, and Ali Lohi,” Optimal Fixed Bed Reactor Network Configuration for the Efficient Recycling of CO2 into Methanol”, Energies,2, 180-189, 2009, doi:10.3390/en20x000x.
13. Zahedi, G., Z. Karami, A. Lohi, "A neural network approach for identification and modeling of delayed cocking plant", Int. J. Chem. Reactor Eng., Vol.7, article A16, 2009.
14. Zahedi, G., A. Lohi, “Heterogeneous dynamic modeling and simulation of an industrial ethylene oxide reactor experiencing catalyst deactivation”, J. Chem & Chem Eng, Vol.3, No.1, Jan. 2009.
15. Zahedi, G., H. Yaghoobi, M. Bashammakh, “Dynamic modeling and simulation of heavy paraffin dehydrogenation reactor for selective olefin production in linear alkyl benzene production plant”, Applied Catalysis :A, 358, 1-6, 2009.
16. Meireles, M. A., G. Zahedi, T. Hatami,” Mathematical Modeling of supercritical fluid extraction for obtaining extracts from vetiver root”, J. Supercritical Fluids, 49, 23–31, 2009.
17. Zahedi G., Z. Karami, H. Yaghoobi," Prediction of hydrate formation temperature by both statistical models and artificial neural network approach”, Energy Conversion and Management, 50, 2052-2059, 2009.
18. Zahedi G., S. Amraee, M. Biglari, “Simulation and Optimization of Ethanol Amine Production Plant”, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 26(6), 1504-1511, 2009.
19. Zahedi G., A.R.Fazlali, S.M.Hosseini, G.R.Pazuki, L. Sheikhattar," Prediction of asphaltene precipitation in crude oil", Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 68, 218–222, 2009.
20. Zahedi G., A. Elkamel, A. Lohi,” Genetic algorithm optimization of supercritical fluid extraction of nimbin from neem seeds”, J. Food Eng., 97, 127–134, 2010.
21. T. Hatami, Meireles, M. A. A., G. Zahedi,”Mathematical modeling and genetic algorithm optimization of clove oil extraction with supercritical carbon dioxide”, J. Supercritical Fluids, 51, 331–338, 2010.
22. Zahedi, G., S. Azizi, T. Hatami, L.Sheikhattar, “Gray box modeling of supercritical nimbin extraction from neem seeds using methanol as co solvent”, The Open Chem. Eng J., 4, 21-30, 2010.
23. Zahedi G., F. Parvizian, M.R. Rahimi, “An expert model for estimation of distillation sieve tray efficiency based on artificial neural network approach”,, Journal of Applied Science, 10(12), 1076-1082, 2010.
24. Yazdan Shirvani, Gholamreza Zahedi, Mohsen Bashiri, “Estimation of Sour Natural Gas Water Content”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 73, 156-160, 2010.
25. Zahedi, G., A. Elkamel, A. Lohi, T. Hatami,” Optimization of supercritical extraction of nimbin from neem seeds in presense of methanol as co-solvent”, J. Supercritical Fluids, 55, 142–148, 2010.
26. Madaeni, S.S., M. Aminnejad, G. Zahedi,”A mathematical method to study CO2-CH4 membrane in a hollow fiber module”, Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, 17, 274-281, 2010.
27. Aqeel Ahmad Bazmi, Gholamreza Zahedi, Haslenda Hashim,” Progress & challenges in utilization of palm oil biomass as fuel for decentralised electricity generation”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 15,1, 574-583, 2011.
28. Zahedi, G., S. Saba, Musleh al-Otaibi, K.M. Yusef,” Troubleshooting of a complex desalination plant”, Desalination, 266, 162–170, 2011.
29. E. Rahimi, J. M. Prado,G. Zahedi, M. A. A. Meireles,” Chamomile extraction with supercritical carbon dioxide: Mathematical modeling and optimization”, J. Supercritical Fluids, 56, 80-88, 2011.
30. Leila Sheikhattar, Haslenda Hashim, Gholamreza Zahedi,” Artificial neural network simulation and sensitivity analysis of heavy oil cracking unit “, International Journal of Chemical and Environmental Engineering. Vol. 2, No1., 2011.
31. Leila Sheikhattar, Haslenda Hashim, Gholamreza Zahedi, ”Artificial neural network simulation of heavy oil cracking unit”, accepted for publication in Pet. Sci and Technology, 2011.
32. Abdul Waheed Bhutto, Aqeel Ahmaed Bazmi, Gholamreza Zahedi,” GREENER ENERGY: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES FOR PAKISTAN- BIOMASS ENERGY PROSPECTIVE”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 15, 3207–3219, 2011.
33. Zahedi, G., A. Lohi, K. Mahdi,” Hybrid modeling of ethylene to ethylene oxide heterogeneous reactor”, Fuel Processing Technology, 92, 1725–1732, 2011.
34. Gholamreza Zahedi, Abbas Azarpour,” Optimization of supercritical carbon dioxide extractionof Passiflora seed oil”, J. of Supercritical Fluids, 58, 1, 40-48, 2011.
35. Ali Farsi, Vahid Shadravan, Seyed Soheil Mansouri, Gholamreza Zahedi, Zainuddin Abdul Manan, ” A new reactor concept for combining oxidative coupling and steam reforming of methane: modeling and analysis" accepted for publication in International Journal of Energy Research, 2011.
36. Aqeel Ahmaed Bazmi, Gholamreza Zahedi,” SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SYTEMS: ROLE OF OPTIMIZATION MODELING TECHNIDUES IN POWER GENERATION AND SUPPLY-A REVIEW”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,15, 3480– 3500, 2011.
37. Abdul Waheed Bhutto, Aqeel Ahmed Bazmi, Muhammad Nadeem Kardar, Muhammad Yasin, Gholamreza Zahedi and Sadia Karim,”Developments in Hydrogen Production through Microbial Processes; Pakistan’s Prospective”, International Journal of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Volume 2, No.3, 189-204, 2011.
38. Ibrahim Alhajree, Gholamreza Zahedi, Z.A.Manan, Sasan Mohammad Zadeh,” Modeling and optimization of an industrial hydrocracker plant”, Journal of Pet Sci and Eng., 78, 627–636,, 2011.
39. Amjad Riaz, Ali Farsi, Gholamreza Zahedi, Zainuddin Abdul Manan.” Investigation of Inert Gas Injection in Steam Reforming of Methane: Energy Saving Study”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology Journal, 80, 53-56, 2011 http://www.waset.org/journals/waset/v80/v80-11.pdf .
40. Zahedi, G., Ali Elkamel, M. Biglari,” Optimization and senditivity analysis of an extended distributed dynamic model of supercritical carbon dioxide extraction of nimbin from neem seeds" Journal of Food Process Engineering, 34, 6, 2156–2176, 2011.
41. Negin GHAEMI ; SAYED SIAVASH MADAENI ; Mahdieh ABOLHASANI,, Gholamreza ZAHEDI, Hamid RAJABI, “Modeling the Presence of Humic Acid in Ultrafiltration of Xenobiotic Compounds: Elman Recurrent Neural Network”, Chem Eng Technology, 34, 11, pp 1891-1898, 2011.
42. Emad Benhelal, Gholamreza Zahedi, Haslenda Hashim,“ A novel design for green and economical cement manufacturing”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 22, 1, 60-66, 2012.
43. Mahboubeh Afzali, Afsaneh Afzali and Gholamreza Zahedi,” The Potential of Artificial Neural Network Technique in Daily and Monthly Ambient Air Temperature Prediction”, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development (IJESD),3,1, 33-38, 2012.
44. Farzad Pouralinazar, Mohd Aziz Che Yunus, Gholamreza Zahedi,” Pressurized liquid extraction of Orthosiphon Stamineus oil: Experimental and modeling studies”, J of Supercritical Fluids, 62, 88-95, 2012.
45. Mehdi Bagheri, Tohid Nejad Ghffar Borhani, Gholamreza Zahedi, “Estimation of Flash Point and Autoignition temperature of Organic Sulfur Chemicals”, Energy Conversion and Management, 58, 185-196, 2012.
46. Morteza Amiri, Mat H.Yunan, Gholamreza Zahedi, and S.H. Fatemi Tafti” An Improved Empirical Approach for Prediction of Formation Water Saturation in Shaly Tight Gas Sands -A Case Study in Western U.S Basins”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 61, 715-721, 2012.
47. Abdul Waheed Bhutto, Aqeel Ahmaed Bazmi, Gholamreza Zahedi,” GREENER ENERGY: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES FOR PAKISTAN- SOLAR ENERGY PROSPECTIVE”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, 2762– 2780, 2012.
48. Abdul Waheed Bhutto, Aqeel Ahmaed Bazmi, Gholamreza Zahedi,” GREENER ENERGY: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES FOR PAKISTAN- HYDEL POWER PROSPECTIVE”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 16, 2732– 2746, 2012.
49. Morteza Amiri, Mohd Hussain Yunan, Gholamreza Zahedi, Mohd Z. Jaafar a, Enoch O. Oyinloye”, Introducing new method to improve log derived saturation estimation in tight shaly sandstones A case study from Mesaverde tight gas reservoir”, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 92–93, 132–142, 2012.
50. Alireza Bahadori; Gholamreza Zahedi; Sohrab Zendehboudi; Ahmad Jamili, "Estimation of Crude Oil Salt Content Using a Simple Predictive Tool Approach", accepted for publication in Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 2012.
51. A. Bahadori, G. Zahedi, S. Zendehboudi,” Estimation of Potential Barium Sulfate (Barite) Precipitation in Oilfield Brines Using a Simple Predictive Tool”, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 2012, doi: 10.1002/ep.11678.
52. Alireza Bahadori, Gholamreza Zahedi, Sohrab Zendehboudi, Mohammad Bahadori,” Estimation of air concentration in dissolved air flotation (DAF) systems using a simple predictive tool”, accepted for publication in Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 2012.
53. Abbas Azarpour, Suardi Suhaimi, Gholamreza Zahedi, A, Bahadori, ” A Review on the Drawbacks of Renewable Energy as a Promising Energy Source of the Future”, accepted for publication in The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 2012.
54. A. Bahadori, Gholamreza Zahedi, ”Simple predictive tool to estimate relative humidity using wet bulb depression and dry bulb temperature”, accepted for publication in Applied Thermal Engineering, 2012.
55. Abbas Azarpour, Gholamreza Zahedi, ”Performance analysis of crude terephthalic acid hydropurification in an industrial trickle-bed reactor experiencing catalyst deactivation”, accepted for publication in Chemical Engineering Journal, 2012.