• Hardworking and organized professional with ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a demanding environment; maintain a calm approach in pressure situations.
• Outgoing and articulate communicator with ability to relate to public and coworkers at all levels quickly and effectively.
• Computer skills include Mac and Windows; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Creative Suite; Final Cut Pro; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Creative Design Skills include:
PBS’ “Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly” Washington, DC September-December 2011
Reporting intern for PBS’ weekly TV News series that centers on religious and ethical news stories and events.
• Transcribed old and new interviews and videos.
• Assisted producers during filming of personal interviews and public events.
• Trained producers and editors to edit videos using Final Cut Pro.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL May 2012
Bachelor of Science – Mass Communication with a TV/Video concentration
• Concentration in TV/Video Production
• Overall GPA 3.52/4.0
• Coursework: Non-Linear Editing, Photoshop, Studio Production, Remote Productions, TV News, Writing for TV
Tulip Tree Gardens, Inc. Gregory, MI February 2005-present
Nursery-Greenhouse that grows and sells annuals, perennials, hanging baskets, and other specialty plants.
• Assist customers with their needs
• Assist with planting and watering the flowers
• Cleaning, organizing and stocking the shelves
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
Academic Scholarship Recipient ONU Dean’s List Lambda Pi Eta, Treasurer
University Steering Committee, Sub-Committee Chairperson