P.O. Box ****
Valdosta, Georgia 31604
To obtain an employment opportunity that will allow me to use the skills I possess and to learn new skills.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Experienced medical receptionist with prior experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant.
· Proficient at front desk in a medical office, extensive computer knowledge and strong organizational skills.
· People oriented with excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
Dr. Nobel Attipoe 08/05-02/08
Medical Receptionist Ocilla, Georgia
· Managed a medical front desk in areas of manual and computerized scheduling, billing and medical/insurance record management.
· Answered multiple telephones and directed calls to appropriate staff.
· Collected and posted payments and prepared daily deposits.
· Scheduled and confirmed patient’s diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations.
· Compiled medical charts, reports and correspondence. Performed various administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining supplies.
Emory Medical Care 12/90-07/05
Patient Account Representative Atlanta, Georgia
· Responsible for collection and follow up of Medicaid accounts prior to, during admission and after discharge.
· Worked insurance denials
· Verified, researched and completed all paper work and forms to bill Medicaid claims electronically and hard copy.
· Collected and posted payments to accounts, prepared and balanced daily financial registers and submitted to accounting department.
· Verified insurance coverage, obtained authorizations and pre-certifications for surgeries.
Meridian Health Care 01/89-01/91
Medical Receptionist Atlanta, Georgia
· Answered multiple telephone lines and directed calls to appropriate staff.
· Verified insurance coverage and obtained authorizations for Durable Medical Equipment.
· Entered client’s demographics into computer.
Axia College of Phoenix University Currently
Associate of Business
East Central Technical College 09/04-09/05
Business Office Technology Diploma Douglas, Georgia
Certified Microsoft Office Specialist
MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Windows 95/98/me/XP/Vista, Notary, 10 key, 45 WPM, and excellent customer service skills.