Bruce D. White
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT/ESTIMATOR
Reputation for Thoroughness, Integrity, and Exceptional Leadership
Skilled professional seeking career advancement within progressive construction management organization that values broad experience in all aspects of commercial and residential construction, with experience in the following areas:
• Site Supervision/Inspection
• Equipment Procurement
• Subcontractor Management
• Cost Controls
• Master Schedule Production
• Design Layout
• Client Relations
• Pulling Permits
• Quality Control
• Inventory Control
• Design Changes
• Budget Management
• Issue Resolution
• Personnel Management
• Change Orders
• Daily Logs
• Progress Reports
• Daily Time Sheets
• P/L Responsibility
• Safety Management
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Skilled Project Superintendent with experience in all aspects of construction planning and management for new construction and remodeling
Ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve cost-efficiency and profitability
Hands-on management style and innovative approach to resolving challenges
Exceptional leadership, team-building and motivational skills
Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to relate well to non-English speakers
Demonstrated skill at completing projects within time and budget constraints
Superior client relations capabilities and experience collaborating with clients throughout the project life cycle
Superintendent/Manager J & B Solutions, LLC 10/2011-Present
• Managing civil and home construction services.
Production Supervisor RTI International 04/2011-10/2011
• Managing production line for titanium airplane parts.
Estimator/Project Manager C2 Service Group 2010-2011
• Estimating and Managing Civil Construction projects ranging in scope from $30k to $2.0m. Performing all field duties including staffing, scheduling and supervising.
Project Manager/Project Superintendent Guarantee Electrical/Tel-Vi Communications 1992-2004 & 2007-2010
• Managed a variety of projects ranging in scope from $20K to $1.5M. Handled all human resource duties including staffing, scheduling and supervising up to 300 employees. Oversaw utility and paving projects in seven states as well as international locations. Restructured failing divisions bringing them into profitability status. Managed all project bidding and estimating functions.
• Originally hired as Division Superintendent of Tel-Vi Communications. After sale of company to Guarantee Electric was re-hired in 2007 as Project Manager. Maintained a 38% profitability margin for over 12 years.
Superintendent Goodwin Brothers 2006-2007
• Oversaw all activities involved with an 8mm foundation package and a utility package for an industrial upgrade.
Project Superintendent Midwest Trenching & Excavating 2004-2006
• Managed a variety of projects ranging in scope form $50K to $1M. Handled all estimating and bidding responsibilities. Secured new avenues of business including mass excavation and state projects.
Division Superintendent Danella Southwest 1985-1992
• Restructured failing divisions bringing them into profitability status. Handled all project staffing for up to 300 employees. Held P/L responsibility for projects ranging in size from $20K to $1.5M. Oversaw a variety of projects in four states. Managed all project bidding and estimating functions.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
Project Superintendent The Killian Corporation
Managed five to six projects simultaneously. Handled all staffing and personnel management duties. Profitably secured projects in new areas including bridge and heavy road construction. Prepared bids and estimates.
• Saint Louis University – 2 mile boring and fiber installation project
• St. Charles Community College – Excavation Package
• Taxiway B – Lambert Airport – St. Louis, MO
• Taxiway C – Lambert Airport – St. Louis, MO
• I-44 &109 – Eureka Interchange – Eureka, MO
• Wal-Mart – Wentzville reconstruction, site pkg.
• Breeze Hospital Reconstruction
• MCI Fiber – St. Louis to Memphis
• AT&T Fiber – St. Louis to Kansas City
• O’Fallon Bridge – 1980’s – Hwy 50 bridge reconstruction
• Scott AFB Taxiway Reconstruction
Course Completed in Engineering, Inspection, Construction Materials and Surveying
- University of Illinois – Champaign, IL
Excellent references and additional project list available upon request.