BRADLEY K. LONGENECKER
646-***-**** … firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES EXECUTIVE
Influential and performance-focused Senior HR Professional with 15+ years’ experience leveraging corporate resources to solve customer problems and achieve business goals for high growth, rapidly evolving organizations. Elevate performance by building innovative HR solutions that foster utmost employee engagement, performance, development, and retention while balancing a high volume of competing resources and deadlines. Provide strategic vision and cost-effective solutions during periods of rapid development and significant reorganization. Strike integral balance between employee advocacy and corporate goals while leveraging extensive HR and legal background. Core expertise includes:
• Employee Relations
• Strategic Planning
• Executive Hiring
• Project Management
• Talent Management
• Training & Development
• Performance Management
• Organizational Development
• Risk Assessment
• Payroll Systems Knowledge
• Benefits and Legal Compliance
• HR Strategy Development
• Employee Morale
• Policies & Procedures
• Resource Management
BKL Consulting – New York, NY 2011 to Present
Provides human resources consulting across a variety of industries.
Human Resources Consultant
Delivers exceptional HR consulting services to a diverse range of clients. Assesses customer needs to design a full range of specialized HR programs and services that exceed expectations. Collaborates with clients to execute projects/programs. Specializes in small- to medium-sized businesses with an emphasis in Recruitment/Onboarding, Talent Management, Executive and Employee Training and Development, Policy and Cultural Initiatives, Organizational Development, Employee Relations, Compensation, and Benefits and Regulatory Compliance.
• Provided executive coaching and talent management services to a prominent hedge fund; implemented Hogan Assessment tool to evaluate candidate personality and fit during the recruitment process.
• Established HR function for jewelry wholesale/retail business utilizing OD and enhanced employee training.
Eye Corp. – New York, NY 2007 to 2010
An international operator in the out of home advertising and media sector.
Vice President of Human Resources, USA & UK
Hired as first US employee to direct US human resources for newly formed North American subsidiary. Gained additional responsibility for the UK after 1 year. Developed and implemented the global HR strategy while providing HR leadership for ~185 employees. Scope of responsibilities included recruitment, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and compliance. Coordinated all expat issues pertaining to H1 visas and relocations. Utilized effective negotiation talents to negotiate top-notch health and welfare benefits. Reduced risk by implementing practices that minimized employment-related disputes. Ensured fair/consistent application of company policy while promoting positive employee morale and constructive corporate culture.
• Devised, developed, and implemented an HR business plan to achieve financial and strategic business plans despite a 10% reduction in workforce.
• Reduced health and welfare benefits costs by 8% to 12% in 3 years while enhancing overall offerings.
• Restructured Operations, Traffic, IT, and Business Development departments to enhance efficiencies, reduce employment costs, decrease churn, and enable several key internal employee promotions.
• Reduced Training and Development budget by 20% by obtaining OD certification.
• Revised outdated Performance Management system with a user friendly system embraced rapidly by staff.
• Leveraged legal background to mitigate employee relations issues and reduce company costs.
BRADLEY K. LONGENECKER 646-***-**** … email@example.com Page 2
Strategic Workforce Solutions – New York, NY 2004 to 2007
Provided executive placement services for interim and permanent positions.
Vice President of Human Resources | Chief Administrative Officer
Brought on board to develop human resources department for high growth staffing organization after 2 new business acquisitions. Directed all US and UK human resources administrative functions and employee relations. Delivered outstanding HR leadership and direction for 10 direct reports, 180 internal staff, and up to 500 temporary staff. Provided HR strategy for all internal departments, focusing on employee relations, recruitment, and performance management. Assessed and advised organizational structural changes. Prepared all offer letters, non-compete agreements, commission plans, and termination papers.
• Acted as Plan Administrator for all health/welfare benefit offerings and 401(k) plans.
Liz Claiborne, Inc. – New York, NY 2000 to 2003
Designs and markets a global portfolio of retail-based premium brands.
Director of Human Resources
Hand-picked to orchestrate new business acquisitions and newly licensed brands. Provided strategic HR guidance to senior executives and all 1.3K employees across 13 corporate divisions in Sales, Design, Finance, Merchandising, Business Planning, and Production. Motivated and led 4 direct reports. Educated and led new entities, owners, managers, and staff unaccustomed to being part of a publicly held company. Acted as Business Partner on Recruitment, Performance Management, Compensation, Training and Development, and Organizational Structure. Ensured the successful execution of all HR strategic plans to ensure achievement of short- and long-term corporate goals.
• Coordinated expat activities including H1 visas and relocations.
• Instrumental in restructuring operations after a dramatic reduction in workforce.
• Certified Trainer in The Legal Record, Civil Treatment, Building Emotional Intelligence, and Myers-Briggs.
Perry Ellis Menswear – New York, NY 1996 to 2000
Designs, produces, and markets menswear apparel products with more than 2K employees internationally.
Director of Human Resources & Corporate Affairs
Selected for directorial leadership role due to strong legal background and to establish HR department. Recruited all open positions and developed compensation guidelines. Collaborated closely with management to create policies pertaining to employee relations, internal investigations, organizational development/restructuring, budgeting, and communication strategies. Coordinated relationships with union/non-union associates and resolved all grievances and disputes prior to litigation. Drafted employment agreements, consulting agreements, and separation/severance documents. Led 3 direct reports.
• Created Employee Handbook and Affirmative Action Program.
• Led HR successfully despite a drastic reduction of staff from 2K+ to 600 personnel in 12 months.
• Developed and implemented Performance Management System and succession planning.
• Led annual reporting, external communications, and served as liaison between corporation and NYSE.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Juris Doctor (J.D.) – New England School of Law – Boston, MA
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) – The University of Richmond – Richmond, VA
Certified in HBDI, OCI, LS1 & LS2, and GSI. Proficient in ADP Payroll.
Member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).