Walter Kurt Risse
Warren, NJ *****
SUMMARY: A results oriented, senior financial and operations professional with a broad-based background encompassing retail, wholesale, manufacturing, and technology
Professional Experience –
6/2010 – 10/2011 Foremost Groups, East Hanover, NJ
Foremost Groups is an international group of companies headquartered in the US, with locations in China, Taiwan, and Canada. Foremost specializes in porcelain/vitreous plumbing and wood fixtures with annual sales of $250m.
Manager of Corporate Accounting Services
- Created Financial Analyses to restructure areas of Global Supply Chain Group to reduce workforce by 20%.
- Worked with all areas of Accounting to create daily, weekly and monthly automated system reports.
- Re-engineered Company-wide Budget process.
- Modified Job Descriptions and created Management by Objectives (MBO’s) throughout Company.
- Created and implemented improvements to greater automate EDI, and managed movement of process offshore.
- Restructured third-party-logistics processes to increase efficiency.
2/2007 – 6/2010 Hillcrest Garden, Inc., Paramus, NJ
Hillcrest Garden is a privately held floral wholesaler in Northern New Jersey. It was established in 1936, and is a leading distributor of floral products to the New York Metropolitan area with annual sales of $12m.
- Modified financial statements to include detailed P&L analysis.
- Instrumental in conversion from legacy ERP system to SAP Business One.
- Negotiated and coordinated changes in payroll provider, business machine vendors, and Health Insurance provider to achieve annual cost savings of over $50,000.
- Multi-state sales tax, payroll processing, financial statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, staff management and restructuring, computer systems, vendor negotiations, asset management.
2/2001 – 2/2007 Bradco Supply Corporation, Avenel, NJ
Bradco Supply is a division of Allied Building Materials, one of the largest commercial building supply companies in the U.S. The division has over 160 branch locations in 30 states.
Special Project Accountant
Interim Divisional Controller:
- Managed staff of 8 in accounting, credit and accounts payable for a 20 branch, $100 million dollar lumber division post-acquisition. Implemented full system integration of acquired division from legacy IT and ERP systems. Performed reconciliations, created Financial Statements and Budgets, for consolidation with parent company.
System Conversion – Accounting & Credit IT Lead:
- Coordinated conversion of Accounting and Credit from legacy system to NxTrend. Created Financial Statements, Budgets, User Documentation and System Tables.
1999 - 2001 Foremost International, East Hanover, NJ
Responsible for GAAP compliant financial reporting at an international group of companies headquartered in the US, with locations in China, Taiwan, and Canada.
- Prepared financial statements & analysis for $100m Import/Export Company.
- Coordinated corporate accounting between international divisions.
- Created accounting procedure manuals for all administrative staff.
- Coordinated internal and external audits. Responded to findings.
1998 - 1999 Acme International, Maplewood, NJ
Acme International produced house wares and kitchen implements for wholesale distribution under private label, as well as contract licenses such as Cuisinart and Revereware.
- Prepared financial statements & analysis for $35m Import/Export Company.
- Performed ADP payroll.
- Upgraded financial reporting to reflect divisional data.
1996 - 1998 The Jaydor Corporation, Millburn, NJ
Jaydor was a liquor distributor holding local distribution rights for popular imported and domestic beverages, with a statewide customer roster of over 10,000 stores, restaurants and bars. The entity has since been sold to and consolidated with Allied Beverage of NJ.
- Supervised staff of 10 in credit and collections. Ensured compliance with state regulations.
- Directed collection of receivables for $150m multidivisional Sales Corporation.
- Generated and analyzed financial reports and performed cash flow forecasting.
- Coordinated internal and external audits. Responded to and challenged findings.
1981 – 1996 Anheuser-Busch Inc., Newark, NJ
Corporate Owned Wholesale Operation
Accounting, Credit, and Sales positions
Was promoted 6 times, culminating in an Accounting Manager position.
Education Bachelor of Science – Business Management & Accounting
Kean University, Union, NJ
Computer Skills & Software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lotus, ABS, NxTrend, SXEnterprise, Cognos, Oracle, Thoroughbred, Great Plains, SAP, QuickBooks
* References available upon request