Michael S. Brown
Sixteen years of experience in the electrical industry. Competent knowledge of industry standards as applied to commercial, industrial, and residential projects of new construction and tenant improvement.
Duties included: design and installation of distribution systems, branch circuit raceways built of EMT, rigid, PVC, metallic flexible tubing, nonmetallic flexible tubing; installation of power and lighting systems, installation of motors and motor controls. Strong knowledge of local and national electrical codes.
Trained and supervised apprentices and journeyman. Proficient at using industry hand tools, power tools, boom lifts, and scissor lifts. Reliable, responsible supervisor, able to work unsupervised, and consistently completes projects on time. Enjoy working as a team player or independently.
• Computer proficient using word and outlook.
• Ability to install electrical wiring, pipe, and devices.
• Can operate power tools, required equipment, and industry hand tools.
• Reading and interpreting blue prints, schematics, and wiring diagrams to troubleshoot and correct problems.
• Always on time for work and consistently completes work assignments on time.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
Member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers as journeyman electrician, Local 569 San Diego since 2001.
Certified electrician in state of California
Attended four year electrical apprenticeship. Annually attends 17 hours of job related education to maintain electrical license requirements. Firm understanding of electrical principles, theories, and concepts.
Attended San Diego Mesa College pursuing general education requirements towards an Associates of Electrical Building and Construction degree. Have completed 80 units of college education.