JOHN T. MUNSEY
LinkedIn Profile and Recommendations: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmunsey
Software Quality Assurance Process Development, Implementation and Management.
Proven ability to develop and communicate a comprehensive QA vision that ensures the attainment of company-wide goals and objectives. Exceptional leadership skills, including team-building and mentoring, that grow teams internally. Deep and eclectic software development knowledge, resulting from diverse set of QA and project management roles within numerous IT and Software development settings. A proven track record of problem analysis, solution identification and timely implementation that has achieved enterprise goals within project constraints. Exceptional strengths in understanding and meeting the needs of the business-partners and customers within the context of all available technological and process-management options.
Methodologies: SDLC (various), Agile
Office tools: MS Office, Openoffice.org, Project, Visio, Lotus Notes, Outlook
Databases: Oracle9i, 10g, SQL Server, DB2, MYSQL, MS SQL
Database tools: TOAD, SQL Plus, Oracle SQL Developer, DB Visualizer
Web/App J2EE, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, SharePoint, VMware, Virtual PC
Frameworks: WCF, .Net
Scripting: PHP, Python
Testing tools: Team Foundation Server, VS2010, Quality Center, QTP, LoadRunner XMLSpy, Achilles proxy, J-unit, XML Notepad,, SilkTest, SilkPerfomer, Selenium IDE, JMeter, Eclipes, Netbeans, SoapUI, LoadUI, NI LabVIEW, NI TestStand
Types: HTML, JSON, XML, CSS, CSV, Fixed-field, BAI, SWIFT
Security: Hailstorm ARC, Keepass, Personal Proxy packet inspection and penetration testing
LoJack Corporation, Westwood, MA 02/10-Present
Business Systems Quality Assurance Lead (full-time)
Sole responsibility for developing and implementing QA processes within the Business System Development team. Assume multiple roles within development projects and move efforts forward on-time and with high quality. Perform monthly SOX audit of Database changes. Administer TFS to improve issue tracking and bug processing communication and workflows for all patterns of work.
• Created and launched a formal Production Implementation Risk Analysis (PIRA) for all code implementations to production which virtually eliminated rollbacks and rework.
• Introduced repeatable open-source automation testing for all customer facing web-portals (Selenium) which improved repeatable testing coverage and controlled daily operational validations.
• Created and Implemented secure Login ID/Password management-framework using open-source tools (Keepass) which improved IT security and management as demonstrated within improved yearly-audit performance.
Sovereign Bank, Boston, MA 11/08-07/09
Environmental Coordinator, Manual and Automation testing (full-time)
Coordinate all logistical aspects of testing and development environments, including pre-Production to maximize up-time for developers, testers and build implementation teams. Establish and maintain external-vendor relationships. Orchestrate and manage error condition testing of core Middleware functionalities with Vendors and QA. Develop and administer SharePoint calendars and reference pages for multiple environments. Manage and coordinate testing cycles within a complex set of distributed systems and develop multiple configuration permutations to support a fast moving and dynamic set of testing requirements - within the context of very tight delivery timelines. Develop comprehensive methodology for simulating location-specific functionalities for bank-branch applications. Perform “soup to nuts “custom configurations of database and test machine configurations to support simulated bank-branch functionality in each representative state. Write DB2 scripts, desktop batch files and make hostname changes within a MS Domain, Active-Directory network environment to support geographically-based application functionality. Develop Ethical Hacking and penetration testing scenarios. Identify/Gather requirements, Develop test strategies, Write/execute test plans. All deliverables completed on-time or according to closely managed expectations with little or no rework.
• Managed and coordinated multiple development and testing environments for distributed SOA, multi-tier, web- facing applications.
• Developed automated functional test cases for quickly determining application availability and/ or determination of outage root cause(s).
• Single point of contact for distributed system’s 3rd party vendors such as; Fiserv, Qualfile-Efunds, Experian, First Logic, Deluxe, Planet Press
• Lead SQA Engineer – Security Testing – Cenzic Hailstorm testing/reporting/risk assessment (OWASP top ten web risks).
• Lead SQA Engineer – Backend testing of federally-mandated fraud and audit XML messaging and storage systems.
• Developed comprehensive methodology for simulating location-specific functionalities for bank-branch applications.
• Configure/create test environments, including workstation configuration, simulating middleware outages, test-data development, loading and refreshing.
• Manipulate application database (DB2) structure and content to create test scenarios and validate fixes.
• Production Implementation process testing and discovery for QA
• Develop global self-service web-based communication methods for multiple development and test environments, including build scheduling, outage notification and UAT-scheduling and support.
ACI Worldwide (formally P&H Solutions) Newton, MA 11/04–10/08
Quality Assurance Manager/Team Lead (full-time)
Performance and automation testing and management for all ACI wholesale money-management/transfer products using Silk Test and Silk Performer. Manual testing management for all host payment interface middleware. Code escrow processing management for all customers. Assessed, and estimated project efforts. Identified, assigned and scheduled resources and delivered all billable-pipeline projects. Oracle Entitlement DB Conversions. Parsing utilities and Oracle DB imports. Customer Custom reporting utilities. RSA server management and testing. Ethical Hacking and penetration testing. Identified/Gathered requirements, Developed Test Strategies, Wrote/Executed Test Plans. All deliverables completed on-time or according to closely managed expectations with little or no rework.
• Managed Multiple Projects with a diverse and geographically distributed staff.
• Led 3 teams in 2 locations (Headcount – 8).
• Single point of contact for offshore testing resources (Headcount – 20).
• Successfully led 12-month QA performance testing effort for new J2EE-ported product.
• A primary contributor to the development and implementation of the ACI SDLC.
• Pushed through changes to improve existing system and data test strategies to include production-based measurements and modeling of expected user activities and cumulative loads for Performance and Load testing phase..
• Conceptualized and developed data-mining methodologies to identify and gather correct data-sets for developed usage model. Designed performance testing scenarios based upon this model and measured production-validated user-activity profiles within specified performance criteria. Ultimately succeeded in rescuing the effort for an on-time publication of the performance white paper. This led directly to increased sales of the product.
• Worked directly with IBM Waltham lab to size and design performance testing system for future testing.
• Established a performance testing culture that included inputs/outputs with all stake holders including Product, Development and Manual QA.
• Improved project scheduling process of complex host payment interface testing by defining all needed resources within MS Project. This simple change eliminated historically prevalent delays due to previously and poorly coordinated resource planning processes.
• “Go-to” Engineer for testing all Oracle, PL-SQL-based parsing-utilities and Entitlement DB conversions.
• Lead SQA Engineer – Penetration Testing - capture and manipulate client-server packets to reveal server-side validation shortcomings.
• Worked directly with customers to extract/confirm DB- conversion requirements and managed expectations.
• Awarded “Outstanding QA Engineer” at company-wide awards ceremony.
JPMorgan Chase Lowell, MA 01/01–11/04
Senior Technology Officer (full-time)
Responsible for QA phases of the SDLC for all web-based Cash Management and Reporting products and Solaris-based corporate-customer payment system. Team-lead for the Web-Portal Security and Infrastructure.. Penetrating testing and Security administrator for QA. Gathered requirements, Developed Test Strategies, Wrote/Executed Test Plans. All deliverables completed on-time or according to closely managed expectations with little or no rework.
• Implemented Test Director into QA process and work-flow.
• Performance Testing of Entitlement APIs using J-unit test harness .
• Initiated and managed conversion to triple-boot design for all test/workstations in SQA Lab.
• Rescued the 3 months behind EC Gateway (EDIFACT) Disaster Project--delivered and tested--on time.
Wells Fargo Bank San Francisco, CA 11/98–01/00
Quality Assurance Engineer/Business Analyst (Consultant)
Lead Engineer on the Special Projects Team, responsible for identifying and mitigating Year 2000 Liabilities for the bank. Implemented previously developed testing strategy and algorithms for shrink-wrapped software. All deliverables completed on-time or according to closely managed expectations with little or no rework.
• Drove Bank-wide Desktop software inventory (Bindview).
• Loaned-out to Security-team as Lead analysis engineer for MS-Security patch assessment for both desktop and servers.
Delta Dental Corp. San Francisco, CA 02/98–11/98
Quality Assurance Engineer/Software Test Strategy Development (Consultant)
Developed and successfully applied test strategy for shrink-wrapped software. Developed and successfully applied server and desktop assessment process at all Delta server and desktop locations. All deliverables completed on-time or according to closely managed expectations with little or no rework.
• Developed and implemented software test strategy that successfully identified software that was not ready for Y2K.
• Developed and implemented hardware test strategy that successfully identified servers and desktops to be replaced.
• Awarded “Most Valuable Player” on consulting team by Delta staff and managers.
Bank of America San Francisco, CA 01/95–01/98
CRE/MIS Manager/Project Manager (full-time)
Responsible for CRE/MIS infrastructure including LAN/WAN desktops and servers in all locations for US-west region. Created Laptop images and distributed images to remote locations using Ghost. Developed training manuals and other documentation to support mobile executive computing needs. Led Hardware-server upgrade projects in remote locations.
• Successful conversion of dumb-terminal desktops to Windows/Netware computing structure for 8000 desktops.
• Successful design and roll-out of Windows 95 executive laptop image with remote connectivity.
University of California at Davis, Davis, CA
BS Mechanical Engineering
EIT Certification, CA license # XEO94085
1992 “Best Mathematics Tutor” Scholarship from Santa Barbara Community College
1994 “Best Overall Design” Engineering Design Competition, UC Davis
1999 “Most Valuable Player” as voted by the Delta Dental Staff and Managers
2006 “Outstanding QA Engineer” at the year-end ACI company-wide award ceremony
2009 NI LabVIEW, TestStand National Instruments Seminar
2009 Selenium IDE Seleniumhq.org Online Tutorials
2009 Cenzic Web-Training Security testing for ecommerce
2009 J2EE Self-Training
2009 Python Self-Training
2008 QTP, Quality Center Self-Training
2008 PHP, Apache,MYSQL Self-Training
2007 Silk Performer ACI
2007 Silk Test ACI
2004 RSA ACE SecurID Administration JPMorganChase
2004 UNIX performance tuning and analysis JPMorganChase
2004 Test Director JPMorganChase
2003 Mercury Load Runner JPMorganChase
2003 Entrust CA Administration JPMorganChase
1998 MS SQL Server 6.5 Administration Bank of America
1997 Zenger Miller, BP Leadership Skills Bank of America