Woodbridge NJ 07095 Email: email@example.com
Objective: Lab metallurgist/QC Metallurgist
Education: B.S (Metallurgy) from M.S University of Baroda, India
Status: US citizen
HIGHLITS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Microscopic examinations of heat-treated steels for microstructure evaluation, homogeneity,
decarburization, inclusion rating, grain size and spherodization to determine mechanical properties and establishing process standards to ensure that quality of heat-treated components meets required ASTM specifications.
• Interprets findings and writes reports regarding findings, conclusions and recommendations.
• Metallographic sample preparation, Failure analysis, metallurgical inspection, spectrographic analysis set up and standardization, tensile testing, hardness, micro hardness testing, impact testing, eddy current testing and magnetic particle testing for crack detection.
• Print reading, geometric tolerances measurement, ability to use tools such as micrometer, venier caliper, height gage, comparators and smart scopes.
• Familiar with MS word, excel, power point, Access and outlook.
Micro Stampings Corporation Inc, Somerset, NJ 08873 QA Technician Apr11-Jan 12
Quality control and inspection of precision components using engineering
drawings,OGP set up(smart scopes),optical comparator
Gerdau Ameristeel, Sayreville, NJ 08872 Metallurgical Tech Jan07-Jan 09
Inspect hot rolled rebar samples for dimensional and visual inspection for defects. Macro
and micro structural analysis. Perform tensile test, Chemistry tests using ARL spectrometer,
Leco C/S & analysis, Tinius Olsen Tensile testing machine.
Ametek industries, Lakewood, NJ 08701 QC Inspector Apr04-Jan 07
Manufacturer of hermetically sealed connectors for nuclear aerospace &defense industries
using Glass-to- metal seal & high temperature fired ceramic technologies. Dimensional
inspection of mechanical parts, metallurgical inspection and testing for physical properties.
Excellent Engineering Corporation (Baroda, India) Metallurgist Jun 94-Feb 2000
Manufacturer of ball/roller and thrust bearings. Heat- treatment of SAE 52100 steel balls
and bearing races, hardness and micro hardness testing, microstructure evaluation,
Magnetic crack detection, failure analysis and surface roughness measurement.
Mipco Seamless Rings Ltd (Bharuch, India) Metallurgist Jun 90-May 94
Manufacturer of hot forged seamless rings and antifriction bearings. Inspection
of seamless forged rings for spherodizing annealing. Heat treatment of rollers
and bearing races for hardening and tempering. Eddy current testing of rolled bars stock.
Electrical research and development association, (Baroda, India) Metallurgist Jun 84-Jun 90
Material testing and failure analysis.
FAG Precision Bearings India Ltd (Baroda, India) Metallurgist Jan 82-June 84
Heat treatment of balls, rollers and races,Inspection of cast iron and malleable iron castings.
Managing salt bath and environmentally controlled furnaces. Microstructure analysis using
Neophot 40 microscope,Controlling salt bath f/c, Shaker hearth f/c and Rotary hearth furnace.