Houston, TX 77065
Experienced social services advocate who has over 15 years in educating children and adults and in managing social support staff, mental health services, and Head Start and Early Child Development programs. Has extensive expertise in curriculum development, residential therapy treatment, case management, play therapy, mental health and social services networks. Also as a volunteer have organized fundraising programs to educate children and adults from low income families. Proficient in all MS Office applications.
Greater Emmanuel Family Worship Center Houston, TX 3/2008 – Present
A community worship center operated by volunteers.
Volunteer Director of Guest Services (non-paid position)
• Coordinated, scheduled and invited guest speakers, worship leaders, and pastors.
• Made travel arrangements and served as liaison to guests
• Created welcome book that detailed local attractions, shopping and restaurants and that surveyed guests on their satisfaction with services provided
Neighborhood Centers, Inc. Houston, TX 8/2007 – 12/2011
KBC Early Head Start/Head Start Charter School,
Freedom Station Charter School
A growing community service center integrating new concepts of child care development programs where this candidate has progressed and been promoted from within the organization.
Charter School Director
• Promoted into this directorship position after successfully leading child development enrichment programs for primary school participants
• Implemented new concepts of early child development to staff, parents and families
• Created social programs for assisting parents in returning to the workforce
• Managed all aspects of the pre-K program including curriculum development
• Collaborated with outside organizations in law enforcement, safety and health care to educate the students and provide annual screenings. Also assisted families in connecting with mental or physical health specialists.
• Supervised a staff of 25 teachers, social workers, and therapists including managing their performance against required competencies and goals
Bethesda Lutheran Homes & Services Houston, TX 3/2006 – 8/2007
A residential treatment center offering in-house behavioral treatment and recovery programs.
• Monitored the mental behavior and welfare of young troubled adolescents and adult resident patients
• Developed and instituted active treatment programs that aided in successful client recovery
• Managed a team of caretaker professionals including scheduling, performance management and motivation
• Conducted new hire orientations
• Maintained clients’ personal accounts as well as petty cash records
• Complied with all federal, state, and local regulations
Hathaway Children’s Services Los Angeles, CA 5/1995 – 10/2006
A residential facility that treated adolescents for behavioral problems
Mental Health Professional / Behavioral Specialist / Assistant Supervisor
• Assigned and implemented resident patient plans, programs, and procedures for adolescent children ranging between the ages of 12 to 17 years old
• Co-led a group of licensed clinical mental health professionals
• Fostered team building techniques to increase the effectiveness of the treatment
• Managed a mentoring program to aide residents in their recovery
B.A., Double Major in Child Development and African American Studies, Minor in Psychology, California State University, Northridge, CA
Currently pursuing Master of Arts in Educational Leadership at Keller Graduate (online) – 2013 graduation
20+ credit hours in Business Administration and Supervision, Los Angeles Southwest College, CA