J. Alex Grassmick
Cell: 615-***-****; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard working mechanical engineer experienced in cradle to grave project design and supervision with 15+ years of additional experience in component level electronics repair and system integration.
● Proficient with SolidWorks 3D and AutoCAD software ● Experienced in equipment integration in large facilities
● Experienced in mechanical systems design ● Experienced in project budgeting and supervision
● Experienced in component level electronics design ● NAVSEA Lean/Six Sigma – Yellow Belt
NUCLEAR ENGINEER, June 2010 - Present
Norfolk Naval Shipyard - Portsmouth, VA
• Part of the Reactor Engineering Division which services naval nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers.
• Develop start to finish written procedures for the design, fabrication, maintenance, and disposition of mechanical fluid systems (hydraulic and pneumatic) and electromechanical support equipment.
FREELANCE TECHNICIAN, September 2003 - June 2010
J. Alex Grassmick Repair Services - Nashville, TN
• Owner and operator of a business which catered to the component level repair of professional audio consoles for recording and broadcasting.
• Designed and modified custom audio equipment based on the client’s specific needs.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN, October 1999 - September 2003
Solid State Logic - New York, NY
• Part of a team of service technicians and software specialists that supported the company’s product line.
• Support coverage was eastern North America and included installation, on-site repair, and 24 hr phone support.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, June 1997 - April 1999
Interface Audio - Nashville, TN
• Repaired professional audio equipment for an independent repair shop.
• Was often part of a team that would provide turnkey facility installations.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, November 1995 - April 1999
Sound Stage Studio – Nashville, TN
• Oversaw technical aspects for a three room recording studio.
• Supervised clients during evening and weekend sessions.
TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY
Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
Cumulative GPA 3.735
Magna Cum Laude