Automotive Manufacturing Operations: Inventory Control / Start-Up & Expansion
Materials Coordinator with experience in inventory releasing and control. Trained a materials person at a new facility that was being opened in Tennessee. I daily worked with different departments to manage 200 plus components and chemicals for a foam seat operation. I reduced warehouse space in our plant and at an outside facility while reducing our inventory dollars as the plant increased in business. I increased our inventory turns from (20) to (31).
· Outstanding Bridgestone employee 2004 · Outstanding Bridgestone employee 2nd half 2003
· World Class inventory turns · Problem Solving
· Team Leadership / Training · Trainer
Materials Coordinator 10/2000 - 7/2008
Started as a demolder and was promoted to Material Analyst. I was responsible for ordering and releasing all components for a seat foam plant. Scheduled daily bulk chemical trucks and component delivery to maintain an efficient operation. I maintained component inventory levels and reduced warehouse space as our business increased. I helped train a materials person in a new plant in Tennessee and helped organize their warehouse area.
· Increased inventory turns.
· Reduced warehouse space and inventory in our facility and at an outside warehouse.
· Reduced on hand inventory
· Reduced expedites, downtime and scrap due to lack of components.
· Traveled weekly to Tennessee and helped train and organize warehouse in a new facility.
· Maintained operations in the Upper Sandusky plant also.
● Received Bridgestone employee of the year award.
Atlas Crankshaft / TKA Atlas Inc.
Employee Involvement Coordinator 6/1969 - 9/2000
I started as a machine operator. I operated lathes and grinders. In 1992 I took an Employee Involvement Coordinator position. I was responsible for helping to develop and train our workforce (hourly and salary). The training was to help the workforce transition from a traditional Union environment to a team based work system.
· Coordinated team training for salary and hourly.
· Helped develop training programs.
· Member of the design team.
· Developmental Dimensions certified trainer.
· Evaluated training needs of plant and teams.
· Used as example of empowered workforce.
· Coordinated customer visits and lunches.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Diploma Carey High School
Cummins Production System / Train The Trainer
WCEI Facilitator Training
Certified Trainer, Development Dimensions International
Common Approach to Continuous Improvement
Set up Reduction
Microsoft Word / Excel
Cando / Visual Control
Advanced Facilitator Training
Dupont's Safety Training Observation Program
DOT - Hazardous Materials In Transportation
Microsoft Access / Outlook
School Board Member 12 Years