ROBERT H. BROWN III
**** **** **** ******, **** B, Chicago, Illinois 60649
Dynamic, results-driven professional, with comprehensive and proven management background and expertise in the academic industry. Exemplify keen attention to details and ensure accuracy of information, complemented with strong administrative and leadership skills. Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of public relations and administrative services; equipped with in-depth aptitude in fostering positive work environment. Energetic self-starter with excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Growth and Development Impacts Human Relations
Community Outreach Initiatives
Rapid Conflict Resolution
Cross-Functional Leadership and Team Building
HAROLD WASHINGTON COLLEGE | CHICAGO, IL | 1994–2012
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF STUDENT SERVICES | MAR 2007–JUN 2012
- Assumed full accountability in spearheading the entire student service-related retention efforts for the college.
- Provided key oversight to the comprehensive enrollment management process operations under the general direction of the Dean of Student Services.
- Initiated the compilation and analysis of recruitment and admissions statistical data, demographic trends, and yields rates on expenditures.
- Handled the operations of enrollment services, as well as the Admission, Advising, Testing, Student Records, and Transfer offices.
- Liaised between the Instructional and Student Services offices in ensuring strong collaboration between the faculty and college advisors for student academic advising improvement.
- Rendered vision and leadership in implementing a seamless enrollment process for new, current, traditional, non-traditional, and special interest students, as well as adapting procedures to ensure timely and exemplary recruitment to transfer services to prospective and current students.
- Contributed strategic insights in streamlining the registration process, as well as directing efforts in determining and employing creative recruitment strategies to achieve key enrollment goals.
- Selected to drive strategic vision in building and maintaining media and public relations; writing feature articles and narrative reports for college publications; pioneering outreach initiatives to expand partnership; and implementing data-driven market sensitive strategic enrollment plan.
- Functioned as campus liaison to district-wide retention initiatives; coordinated and executed district-wide and campus-specific mission, vision, values, and strategic goals for instructional retention efforts.
- Engaged in divisional, institutional, state, regional, and national committees to progressively establish institutional recruitment and retention efforts.
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSION/ REGISTRAR | MAR 1997–MAR 2007
- Held responsibility in maintaining student academic records; master-planning admissions and records; and supervising and evaluating department personnel.
- Handled the preparation of reports on enrollment, degrees, certificates, majors, credit hours, and academic achievement for both internal and external constituencies, as well as other reports as required.
- Directed regulations and policies on admissions, placement testing, registration, grade reporting, transcripts, degree requirements, and graduation for all credit, non-credit, and international programs.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR, ALLSTATE ACTUARIAL SCIENCE PROGRAM/PUBLIC PASSENGER VEHICLE TRAINING PROGRAM/COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR THE CITY OF CHICAGO | FEB 1994–MAR 1997
- Leveraged the coordination and management of three programs, such as hiring staff, scheduling classes, creating curriculum, implementing policies and procedures, preparing monthly and annual budget reports, and updating marketing and promotional materials.
- Created and executed the scholarship program by working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN–MADISON | MADISON, WI
ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENT SERVICES | 1985–1993
SPECIALIST, STUDENT SERVICES
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN HUMAN SERVICES ADMINISTRATION: 2006
Spertus College | Chicago, IL
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ART
University of Wisconsin–Madison | Madison, WI
Intergovernmental Executive Development Program | Chicago, IL
National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
South Shore Chamber of Commerce
South Side Community Art Center
University of Wisconsin Alumni Association
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) | Internet Applications