RESULTS-ORIENTED MAINTENANCE PROFESSIONAL with 20 years of solid experience in electrical maintenance in an industrial environment. Productive manager with a proven track record of improving operational efficiency through reduced machine downtime Strong analytical ability and knowledge of predictive and preventative maintenance methods that provide effective problem recognition and resolution, effective work planning and improved equipment reliability. Experienced in project development, new equipment installation, safe work practices and team member training Exceptional “hands-on” capabilities
Schwebel Bakery Inc, 6250 Camp Industrial Rd. Solon, Ohio 2012-
Mechanic-Troubleshoot and repair Industrial baking equipment and associated control systems.
Project Manager-Rehabilitation of residential buildings foe resale.
Arcelor Mittal USA, 3060 Eggers Rd. Cleveland, Ohio 441**-****-****
Accountable for the day-to-day functions of an electrical maintenance team. Responsible for the long term reliability of electrical equipment for several process lines and associated buildings. Accountable for maintaining PLC and other automation equipment for several process lines, developing programs for new equipment and the modifying existing programs for improved equipment performance.
• Planned, scheduled and supervised the work for up to twenty four maintenance
technicians. Coordinated work efforts with several other groups.
• Specified, purchased and installed new equipment to reduce the impact of
aging, troublesome and unsafe equipment.
• Developed and implemented solutions to long standing reliability issues
• Analyzed and implement program changes for automation issues...
• Developed team members through training in understanding the operation of
electrical equipment, troubleshooting techniques, print reading and PLC
• Initiated inventory program to insure the availability of spare parts and
• Increased coordination and communication between several operating and
LTV Steel, 3100 East 45TH Street Cleveland, Ohio 441**-****-****
Successfully developed small teams to perform electrical and mechanical maintenance on a new process line.
Team development progressed under a highly contentious atmosphere between union and management. Successful results led to significant labor savings.
Resolved many issues that remained after Project Engineers left the site.
Assumed maintenance responsibilities for other process lines while the company was phasing out production in this facility.
• Hands on trouble shooting and repair of process equipment.
Dynamation Inc., 3784 Plaza Dr. Ann Arbor, Mi. 481**-****-****
Progressed through several areas of responsibility.
• Circuit board assembly, testing and repair.
• Reduced turn around time for repair work when promoted to Service Manager.
• Reduced warranty claims and assembly times after redesigning circuit boards.
• Introduced the use of wave soldering techniques to reduce assembly costs.
• Developed testing techniques for product reliability.
MBA, Operations and Statistics, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio 1995
Worked full time on shifts while working towards the degree. GPA 3.8/4.0
BSEE, Circuit design and Optics, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 1986
Worked full time while working towards the degree. GPA 3.85/4.0
Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio PLC programming for Modicon Quantum, Gem 80 series, GE Fanuac Series 6, 90-30 and 90-70, Reliance Automax and Allen-Bradley SLC. Tabware and SAP for maintenance management and inventory control.