Clayton, MO 63105
An Electrical Engineer experienced in aircraft certification and the design of automated machinery.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
* Created instrumentation drawings and wrote calibration procedures for the Hawker Beechcraft Hawker 4000 (Horizon) business jet.
* Wrote test procedures and compliance reports for certification efforts on business jets.
* Designed and checked wiring diagrams for avionics kits on turboprops and jet aircraft.
* Assisted FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DERs) during ground and flight tests.
* Designed a robotic pick and place unit that was demonstrated at NEPCON West 99, a trade show in Anaheim, CA.
05/05-10/09, MIDCOAST AVIATION, INC., Cahokia, IL
* Worked closely with FAA DERs to find compliance with 14 CFR Part 25 for “green” business jet completions.
* Authored certification plans and compliance reports for interior arrangement projects on Bombardier, Inc. Global 5000, Global Express and Challenger 605 business jets.
* Composed FAA instructions for continued airworthiness (ICAs) for FAA submittal and approval.
* Wrote system safety assessments (SSAs) and equivalent level of safety (ELOS) papers for emergency lighting, oxygen system, electronic flight bag (EFB) and aircraft wireless local area network (WLAN) projects.
06/02-03/03, HONEYWELL, Wichita, KS
PERFORMANCE ENGINEER (Contract Position)--Challenger 300 Propulsion System Test Team
* Successfully completed data reduction and performance analysis of the Honeywell AS907 jet engine on the Bombardier, Inc. Challenger 300.
03/99-12/01, HAWKER BEECHCRAFT CORPORATION (formerly RAC), Wichita, KS
* Instrumentation design and Data Systems Engineering during flight tests on the Hawker Horizon.
* Created avionics drawings to install the Rockwell Collins’ ProLine 21 avionics suite on the Hawker 800XP business jet.
* Worked closely with DERs to certify business jets and turboprops for Europe.
* Assisted with test preparations, ground tests and flight tests.
* Wrote emergency lighting, flight data recorder (FDR), and cockpit voice recorder test plans and compliance reports.
* Checked Avionics drawings.
06/98-03/99, Q CORPORATION, Derby, KS
* Hardware and Software Design of Automated Machinery.
* Utilized C++, linear servo actuators, machine vision, and Intel driver cards to build a three-dimensional pick and place unit. Designed the unit to pick up surface-mount electronic components, IC chips and parts for orthodontic braces, and place them in packaging tape using Cartesian coordinates–all 100% automated with limitless cost-saving potential.
1998, WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY, Wichita, KS
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
* Won First Place in Engineering Open House for a control system written in C/C++. The control system was for a wind energy project sponsored by the Kansas Electric Utilities Research Program.
Programming: Borland Turbo C++, DIRECTSOFT (PLC ladder logic), Intel ASSEMBLY Language, SEL
Drafting: AutoCAD 2008, VISIO, MicroCADAM Helix, CCD
Data Acquisition: Aydin Vector’s ADASWARE, SBS DataExpress
Other: Windows XP, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Origin, ENOVIA SmarTeam
Certificates for training on the following:
* Reliability and 1309 Design Analysis for Aircraft Systems
* FAA Functions and Requirements Leading to Airworthiness Approval
* AS907 Engine Familiarization LRU Trouble Shooting
* MS Excel,
* AC/DC Circuit Analysis
* Microprocessor Technology