AM IChemE UK
P.E. PEC Pak Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph. No. +974-********
Date of Birth: 18-Jun-1969
EXPERIENCED OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
B.E. (Chem.) with a strong track record of generating extraordinary performance in a fiercely competitive scenario.
Proactive and multi-skilled Chemical Engineer, extending versatile and value driven experience of over 19 years in pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, trouble shooting, monitoring, controlling and operations of Chemicals, Oil and Gas plants with private sector and different foreign organizations.
• Cost effective professional, possessing valuable insights, keen analysis and team approach to implement best practices, adept at working in high pressure environments with strict deadlines and multiple deliverables.
• Proven skills in troubleshooting, analysis and coordination with success in managing multiple technical functions with reputed companies across industry. Hands-on experience in trouble shooting and operation.
• Strong communication, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilize the same in a productive manner. Ability to effectively contribute to the organizational goals while working independently with little or no direct supervision.
• Worked at “Honeywell DCS TDC 3000”,”YOKOGAWA Centum CS-3000” controlled Ammonia, Urea & Utilities plants, Fauji Fertilizer Company Ltd. Pakistan, “Foxboro DCS” controlled Urea plant, Indonesia and “Emerson Delta V DCS” controlled Inlet Receiving Unit LNG plant of Qatar Gas Operating Company Ltd., Qatar.
Seeking challenging assignments across reputed and growth oriented organization utilizing acquired skills and experience optimally for personal and professional growth.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
B.Sc. Chemical Engineering from Institute of Engineering and Technology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan in 1993(With Distinction)
The degree has also been verified as comparable to British Bachelor Degree Standard by National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) &
The competencies and qualifications have been assessed as equivalent to Professional Engineer in Australia by “Engineers Australia”
DISTINCTIONS & ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
• Received Best Coach Award -2012 from Qatar Gas-Qatar
• Holder of Merit Certificate awarded by University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Letter of Achievements awarded by University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
• Letter of Appreciation awarded by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), Japan for valuable contribution in Project Completion in Indonesia.
• Received acknowledgements & tokens of appreciation seven times in recognition of outstanding contribution in Qatar Gas 3 & 4 Inlet Receiving, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Startup, Safe introduction & handling of Sour gas, Shutdown Management and Alarms Management.
• Associate Member, Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE), UK
• Graduate Member, Institution of Professional Engineers (IPENZ), New Zealand
• Professional Engineer, Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan
An article on “Online transfer from an analog electronic control system to a modern DCS” published in Hydrocarbon Processing magazine, USA, March-2008 edition.
CURRENT EMPLOYER: Qatar Gas Operating Company Ltd., (QG OPCO)
QG OPCO, an ISO-9001:2008, ISO-14001:2004 & OHSAS-18001:2007 certified organization is operating three LNG trains having production capacity of 3.8 MTA each. Four mega trains having 7.8 MTA each have been commissioned in year 2009 ~ 2011. The company is world’s largest LNG producing company.
Joined QG OPCO on Dec.30, 2008 as “Operations Supervisor-SIMOPS”.
Dec. 30, 2008 till Date “Operations Supervisor” Onshore Inlet Receiving Unit, LNG Plant
Qatar Gas Operating Company Ltd., Qatar
• Developed start-up, shutdown, operating procedures and Pre Start up Safety Review checklists and method statements.
• Actively involved with main contractor CTJV (Chiyoda, Technip Joint Venture) as a focal person in execution of LNG Plant – Inlet Receiving (IR) section for Pre Mechanical Completion, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and startup activities safely, timely, effectively and efficiently.
• Performed Commissioning, Start-up Operation and Commercial run of Inlet Facilities having 02 Offshore Wet gas pipelines 38” dia, Pig Receiver, Slug catchers, Phase Separators, Stripping & Off gas compression, Sour gas export to 02 LNG Trains, HC Condensate stabilization- Merichem treatment, Waste Water treatment and Deep Wells re-Injection.
• Supervised DCS graphics designing control loops and IPS safety system function testing.
• Supervise, co-ordinate, manage and schedule the operational activities of 3000 MMSCFD capacity gas processing train, 1, 00,000 bbl. /d condensate stabilization & sweetening unit.
• Monitoring and controlling of 2X92 KM offshore / onshore multiphase flow pipelines.
• Managing operations staff in team to provide Sour Gas, Sweetened Condensate (petroleum) and treated water to downstream sections to produce Liquefied Natural Gas, Petroleum Products and well injection services.
• Assist Section Head in planning, leading, directing, controlling, managing and supervising all activities.
• Responsible for adjusting, optimizing and balancing of process in order to achieve and improve production targets with minimal environmental impact, within published management and HSEQ procedures, policies and guidelines.
• Management and enforcement of PTW / SAP system to meet day to day requirements. Interact on daily basis with Maintenance Departments’ members and contractors, in preparation and execution of the work in Inlet Receiving plant.
• Establish key task and responsibilities for operations staff which are part of the team.
• Co-ordinate with gas and condensate customers for requirements manipulation.
• Ensuring health & continuous monitoring of plant Emergency Shut Down (ESD) and Fire & Gas (F&G) safety system.
• Evaluate efficiency of plant on day to day basis to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment & parameters, and make changes to work schedule, equipment, operating parameters as and when deemed necessary.
• Preparation of daily production report and sending to department head for approval.
• Resolve work problems at site and recommend measures to improve productivity and efficiency.
• Act as Incident Controller during emergencies to minimize production losses and avoid environmental issues.
• Member of Emergency Response Team (On Scene Commander).
• Managing Operations Excellence System (OES)
December 1994 – December 2008 Fauji Fertilizer Company Ltd. Pakistan
Worked at Various positions including Section Head (Superintendent / Assistant Production Manager), Commissioning Engineer, Coordination Engineer, Operations Engineer / Shift in charge
• Resolution of High Vibration problem of High Pressure Ammonia transfer pumps.
• Improvement in Product Quality resulting in increase of company profitability.
• PFDs, P& IDs reviews, pre-commissioning and commissioning of Hydrolyzer section to decrease product losses and improve environment.
• Urea Plant De-bottle Necking to increase plant capacity to 125 %.
• Online, Safe & Smooth switch over of “Taylor Control System” at FFC-III Urea plant and Analog Control System “Bailey-7000” at FFC Utilities Plant to “Yokogawa DCS Centum CS 3000”
• Developed & implemented comprehensive plans for training of Shift Engineers and control panel operators for complete familiarization with new technology.
• Identified basic cause of Plant Blow down Vent Stack Corrosion Problem & suggested modification, which was agreed by Snam Progetti.
• Modified Stripper hand over procedure to reduce hand over time by 30 %
• Developed Urea Scrapper Cone cleaning procedure which saved 4 hours production loss.
• Studied high vibration problem of Urea Hydrolyser downstream line & helped to rectify the problem.
• Improved Reactor hand over procedure that reduced hand over time by 50 %.
• Achievement of overall objectives of the department including budgeting and budgetary control.
• Handling & Decision making during emergencies and troubleshooting abnormalities.
• Optimizing operating parameters aimed at: Quality control, Energy conservation, Safety of Men & Machines, Reduction in losses and environmental pollution.
• Carrying out and ensuring safe plant shutdowns and smooth start-ups.
• Planning and execution of shutdowns and turnarounds.
• Developing area courses and Turn around job packages.
• Ensuring smooth plant operation to have maximum service and capacity factors.
• Review and Implementation of SOP’s and Safety practices.
• Manpower planning and performance evaluation.
• Effective planning and co-ordination with maintenance agencies to make necessary arrangement for execution of the jobs and cost effective modifications.
• Responsible for all sorts of training activities of operation staff to improve their professional skills.
• Supervision, priority setting and follow up of maintenance jobs.
• Manpower planning, performance evaluation and handling of grievances of the staff.
• Supervising a team of 45.
• Review graphics and control algorithm developed for Urea and Utilities plant operation.
• Planning and procedures development for safe & trouble free commissioning.
• Active participation in engineering and operations activities till project completion.
• Coordination between Ammonia & Urea plants, Base & Expansion units for safe operation.
• Well in time actions to minimize production loss and training of operations staff.
• Training of newly inducted plant operators and engineers.
Sep. 1994 to Dec. 1994 Marketing Engineer
Balchem Pvt. Ltd. Pakistan
Increase in company business by well in time technical help of the clients.
Marketing of Water Treatment Chemicals and Provision of Technical Assistance
April 1993 to Sep. 1994 Chemical Engineer
Advanced Chemicals Pvt. Ltd. Pakistan
Safe, well in time startup of Formic Acid Manufacturing plant
• Plant startup / shutdown and optimization of operating parameters.
• Training of junior staff.
FOREIGN ASSIGNMENTS: April 2002 to Oct. 2002
Worked with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (MHI) Japan, on deputation, as “Commissioning Supervisor” for commissioning, performance test of Snam Progetti/Hydroagri Granulation Urea plant in Indonesia and for on-the-job training of Indonesian personnel having Fox Boro Control System.
• Safe Initial start-up, trouble shooting and normalization of Urea Plant.
• Resolution of initial teething problems and subsequent optimization.
• Pre-commissioning / Commissioning activities.
• Flushing of process lines & flushing circuits, Synthesis loop hydraulic test.
• Verification of plant safety Interlocking.
• Active participation for internal inspection of all major equipment.
• Demonstration, Guarantee Tests and plant optimization
CRITICAL EQUIPMENTS HANDLED
An extensive background working with a range of equipments and systems including but not limited to:
• Urea stripper operating at 210 0C Temp. and 150 Kg/cm2 Pressure utilizing 80 Tons/Hr. Medium Pressure Steam (230 0C Temp. and 25 Kg/cm2 Pressure).
• Centrifugal Compressor handling 35000 NMC/Hr. CO2 operating at 110 0C temp. and 160 Kg/cm2 pressure utilizing 100 Tons/Hr. High Pressure Steam (510 0C Temp. and 105 Kg/cm2 Pressure).
• NUOVO PIGNONE Steam Turbines and Compressors including Air Compressor.
• High Pressure Boilers (510 0C Temp. and 105 Kg/cm2 Pressure).
• Demin Water and Boiler Feed Water pumps.
• Hydroagri Granulation Unit.
• Cooling Towers, Medium and Low Pressure decomposers.
• High Pressure centrifugal and positive displacement Ammonia pumps operating at 250 Kg/cm2 Pressure.
• Absorbers, Condensers, Heaters, Vacuum Evaporators.
• Knock out vessels, Inter-stage coolers, Reactors, Storage Vessels, Tanks.
• Proficient with the use of MS Word / Excel / Power Point / Visio / SAP / Internet Applications
HSE AND PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS
• Study and strictly follow safety rules of OSHA, enhance safety awareness of employees by conducting safety talks.
• Arrange HORC meeting and perform HAZOP surveys. Worked as Hazards and Operability Review Committee secretary.
Attended extensive HSE, professional and management trainings from national and international institutes which make me competent enough to readily become a productive part in a system and make some measurable contribution for improvements. A few are mentioned below:
• Effective Presentation Skills
• Basic Management & Human Relations
• Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills
• Time Management
• Business Letters and Report Writing
• Team-Work Getting People to Work Together
• Process Hazard Analysis
• Development Course for Managers
• Risk Assessment
• Skills in Administration
• Occupation Health & Safety management System
• Incident & Injury Free Course
• Leadership Excellence Workshop
• Advance Fire Awareness
• Feed Gas Metering Skid Operations
• Emerson-Delta V Operator Interface for Continuous Control
• GBA Incinerator Operation
• Pipeline management System
• Pipeline Operation and corrosion control (POM)
• Operations Excellence Training