SUMMARY OF SKILLS
A results-oriented professional with 18+ years of broad experience in Information Technology Management including project management, customer and business unit relationship management, planning and implementing key business unit IT initiatives, interface between IT architecture and product development groups, extensive experience with new product rollouts in an enterprise environment, and domestic and international travel experience at an international corporation. Recognized as one who is collaborative, resourceful, decisive, proactive, and dedicated to excellent customer service.
* Completed “Managing Projects” and “Project Leadership, Management, and Communications” PMI courses for PMP certification by The George Washington University, June 2003.
* Novell IntraNetWare CNE, August 2000
* Novell GroupWise 5 CNE, October 1998; Novell GroupWise 4 CNE, January 1997.
* Certified Systems Engineer (CSE) designation for WordPerfect Office 4.0, May 1994.
* Novell CNE (Classic), January 1992.
ING, INC., Atlanta, GA 2007 – 2008
Business Relationship Manager
Supported ING Corporate Applications Group, whose customers included Tax, Treasury, Finance, Corporate Marketing, etc., by acting as a liaison between them and the ING CITS Infrastructure Services group while utilizing ITIL and Six Sigma methodologies.
* Communicated ING Infrastructure Service group’s projects to the Corporate Applications Group and helped them plan and communicate impacts to their internal customers.
* Coordinated infrastructure build requests (IBM Request for Service) resulting in timely delivery of infrastructure.
* Ensured Corporate Applications understood allocation and charge back models for CITS services which allowed them to communicate their impact to their business customers.
* Consulted on service delivery between ING employees and outsourced provider (IBM) and proactively set expectations with customers and preferred vendors which prevented escalations where possible and consistently maintained a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Performed mediation for service delivery issues and acted as primary escalation between ING employees and IBM when SLA’s were not met or for expedited requests.
* Engaged in capacity planning requirements discussions with Corporate Applications for future changes/growth.
NOVELL, INC., Atlanta, GA 1995 – 2007
System Support Engineer III 1998 – 2007
Managed IT support for assigned Novell corporate sales and development offices in North and South America.
* Provided IT Project Management support to facilities staff for adding/moving/changing corporate sites.
* Performed extensive domestic and international travel to various sites supporting internal product/project rollouts.
* Installed and updated new hardware and software for network (Cisco, Nortel, etc.), voice (Avaya), data, file, and print infrastructure systems (Dell, HP/Compaq, IBM, etc.), Windows and Linux desktops and servers, VMware and Citrix clients, PDA’s (Blackberry, Palm, etc.) and other infrastructure as required. Ensured all corporate information security policies were appropriate for these environments and enforced.
* Assisted in management of corporate computer assets ensuring cost savings from procurement to end of life.
* Assisted in corporate Information Services and Technology (IS&T) initiatives/support as requested.
* Interacted with company helpdesk to resolve customer incidents and provided administration for various internal applications.
Systems Engineer IV, Orem, UT 1998
Maintained hardware and services for corporate datacenter.
* Managed datacenter consisting of NetWare 5.x, 4.x, 3.x, and Microsoft NT 4.0 servers enabling the productivity of 1000+ persons at one of Novell’s tier-one sites (Orem, UT).
* Troubleshot installed products/services in this environment which included GroupWise messaging services, DNS/DHCP, Seagate backup software, NDS (eDir), NDS for NT, NetWare client and ZENworks software, Bay Networks, Nortel, and Cisco networking equipment, Compaq, HP, and Dell PC hardware.
Systems Architect IV, Provo, UT 1995 – 1998
Acted as IT liason to product development teams for various products.
* Acted as final world-wide escalation point for Novell IS&T for internally developed products (GroupWise and ZENworks) which included client and back-end issues.
* Worked with developers to identify, document and solve bugs and provide feedback for enhancements to the various GroupWise and ZENworks product components and attended core team meetings for these products.
* Directed team which architected and implemented GroupWise and ZENworks at Novell and coordinated software rollouts for in-house beta/shipping product in production environment as updates/bug fixes/enhancements became available.
System Administrator III, Orem, UT 1995
* Corporate messaging administrator for North American sales and corporate sites. Acted as first escalation point in assisting others in troubleshooting client/back-end problems for North and South America’s sales sites and the corporate site LAN Administrators.
* Assisted software developers in identifying and resolving bugs in beta and shipping software and suggested various enhancements to all parts of the products.
* Coordinated in-house software rollouts of beta/shipping products.
WORDPERFECT CORPORATION, Orem, UT 1989 – 1995
LAN Administrator II 1993 – 1995
* Helped meet the computer and network needs of an assigned portion of employees. Ensured that users had functional computers/printers and access to required applications.
* Maintained network connectivity in assigned area.
* Maintained corporate messaging system and acted as first contact when troubleshooting problems.
* Managed and performed reviews for 4-6 technicians.
Technician III 1992 – 1993
* Helped meet the computer and network needs of an assigned portion of employees, which included the President, CEO, CFO and other CxO Executive Staff. Ensured that users had functional computers/printers and access to required applications.
Senior Customer Support Representative 1989 – 1992
* Worked in a Call Center environment supporting the WordPerfect and WordPerfect Office products in a LAN environment. Learned network services, hardware, and software from various vendors including Novell, Banyan, DEC, Microsoft, and assorted NetBIOS based LAN's.
EDUCATION - BS, Business Administration, Finance – Brigham Young University, Provo, UT