Mary Jane Toomey
P.O. Box 33
Falmouth, MI., 49632
Education: AS, Management, BS Social Psychology, Park University, Parkville, MO
Medical Assistant, Carnegie Institute of Detroit
Credentials: Licensed Bachelor Level Social Work Licensure in Michigan
Employment: Harbor Home Health Care, formerly Michigan Eldercare, 02/08 to present Home Health Aide. $9.00 an hour.
• Home visits with the elderly and infirmed
• Assist with daily living skills
Aloha Ranch, 02/08 to present, Direct Care Aide, $8.00 an hour.
• Completed Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Group Home training
• Assist residents with daily living skills.
Foster’s Supermarket, 08/07 to 02/08, Assistant Baker, $8.50 an hour.
• Baked a full line of breads, desserts and donuts in an industrial kitchen
• In charge of night security
Goodwill Industries, 02/07 to 08/07, Generalist II, $34,600 per year.
• In charge of the Food and Social Unit
• Supervised members in preparation of the daily lunch
• Managed the snack shop
• Organized and taught pre-GED classes
• Gave music lessons
• Conducted psychosocial assessments
• Wrote Goal Methodology and Progress notes and trained co-worker
• Assisted with job searches for members
Helpsource, 11/06 to 02/07, Adoption Specialist, Foster Care Case Manager, $24,500 per year.
• Home visits and court attendance for Special Needs children involved in the court system due to neglect and abuse.
• Wrote Family and Child Assessments.
• Case management and co-ordination
Agape Manor, 07/2006 to 08/2006, Direct Support Professional, $9.50 per hour.
• Overnight attendant of six autistic males. Sixty hours per week alone by myself
• Assisted to bed, medication management and showers.
• Certificate of Completion for Direct Support Professional California Department of Education.
The Guidance Center, 07/05 to 02/06 Children’s Home Based Mental Health Professional, $15.00 per hour.
• Responsible for Case Openings
• Attended Court
• Involved with Specialized Intensive Home Based pilot program with the Department of Human Services and various residential and foster settings.
Ennis Center for Children,10/2000 to 07/05, Adoption Specialist/Foster Care Case manager, $28,500 per year.
• Responsible for home visits and court attendance.
• Wrote Family Home Studies and Child Assessments
• Did all of the legal work for the completion of adoptions for children in the Michigan Children’s Institute system on my caseload
• Case management duties.
Department of Human Services, 10/97 to 6/98, Family Independence Specialist 9,
• Trained in Solution Focused Interviewing
• Emergency Relief
• Food stamps
• Work first
• Interpreted policy and practices for individual clients
Additional Experience in teaching and training, music performance and medical assisting.