Dawn A. Hicks
Victoria, TX 77901
• 9+ years Contact Center management experience
• 15+ years Customer Service experience
• Organizational Leadership/Management
• Training, Recruiting and Team development
• Customer service
• Policy/procedure development and writing
• Office Management
• Project Management
Professional Work Experience:
Texas Dow Employee Credit Union (TDECU): (November 2010-Present)
Director of Member Care (Contact Center Operations)
Directed the operations of one internal contact center and four outsourced call centers, operators and call center help desk with a combined staff of 134 employees and 6 direct reports.
• Responsible for providing world class service to the membership while fielding over 750,000 phone calls a year and 200,000 e-mail transactions a year.
• P&L responsibility for multimillion dollar budget, resulting in all budgets finishing each year at or below established expenditure amounts.
• Directed staff's focus to member service, resulting in an increase in member care satisfaction scores on annual member satisfaction survey two years running, to a world class level as reported by D.H. Hilton of 43% extremely satisfied.
• Developed new call center policies and procedures that dramatically increased loan volume from $2.5M to $5-6M a month.
• Spearheaded outbound campaigns which resulted in nearly $1M in profit.
• Managed and maintained monthly quality scores to an average of 98.9% by establishing weekly coaching and feedback meetings.
• Revamped call center matrix which resulted in gaining agent availability, decrease in handle time and a cost savings of $250,000 annually.
Renegotiated outsource call center contract saving $300,000 dollars in the member care budget.
• Strong focus on employee development as a member of company’s Organizational Development committee.
• Maintained strong community involvement through the HOSTS program (tutoring/mentoring organization) through local school district.
• Oversees workforce management program.
• Effectively administers the member care budget and resource allocation issues including budget development, management, forecasting, and variance analysis and reporting.
• Manages requests for proposal process and recommends appropriate vendors; maintains all call center vendor relationships.
First Service Networks (FSN): (April-May 2010)
Account Manager for the facilities management of the Eastern Canada and South East America Starbucks stores.
• Liaison to service technicians and regional service managers of Starbucks.
• Vendor invoice management
• Generate and distribute daily In Progress Reports to regional service managers for Starbucks
• Review vendor quotes to ensure accuracy
• Oversee the timely processing of planned and unplanned service requests
• Review customer (Starbucks) surveys for satisfaction
Western Federal Credit Union:
Operations Service Center Manager: (September 2008-March 2010)
Developed and managed a new department within the credit union to serve as an internal Call Center/Help Desk for Branch and Call Center Operations.
• Workforce Management
• Developed goals for new department
• Established service standards for Operations Service Center (OSC)
• Create/implement operational procedures
• Training of front-line employees
• New product development and testing
• Develop processes and documentation to maximize departmental efficiency and accuracy
• Prepare and analyze monthly statistical reports to ensure productivity
• Merger/conversion validations
• Serve as liaison to Marketing for Branch Operations
• Write/administer annual performance evaluations
Call Center Supervisor: (March 2004-September 2008)
Managed, trained and developed 31 Call Center Representatives in Southern California and Bentonville, Arkansas.
• Ensured member satisfaction rate met/exceeded 95%
• Created/implemented service standards for call center team
• Monitored call center statistics (Nortel Symposium system)
• Implemented internal workforce management program
• Ensured talk time goals and call abandonment rate goals were met
• Provided managerial support for escalated member issues
• Write/administer annual performance evaluations
See’s Candies: October 1996- June 2007
Main priority was to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Hired, trained and developed new hires
• Conducted annual performance reviews
• Daily/monthly Inventories
• Cash register audits
• Maintained aesthetics of store
• Monitor productivity of store
• Increase profitability through marketing efforts
• Cross sold products
Superior Service Award-Western Federal Credit Union, 2007
Most Valuable Employee-Western Federal Credit Union, 2009
Served as a senior member of the Credit Union’s internal service committee (PRISM), 2009-2010
Served as member of OD (Organizational Development) Team, 2011-2012
Camp Counselor (1996-2006)
Served as volunteer a camp counselor for Loyal Temperence Legion/Youth Temperence Council summer camp. The purpose of the camp was to teach children to abstain from drugs, alcohol and other harmful activities.
HOSTS volunteer (2010-2012)
Volunteered as a tutor/mentor for high school juniors/seniors through local school district.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook).
• Worked with XP Systems, Symitar (Epysis), and DataSafe (Users)
• Nautilus (Imaging System)
• Digital Insight (Online Banking Service Provider)
• i3-Interactive Intelligence Suite
Masters in Organizational Leadership (pending)
California State University Dominguez Hills
BA in Interdisciplinary Studies and Minor in Human Studies
Strengths Deployment Inventory (SDI) Certificate, Facilitator #403764
Personal Lines Agent/Broker License (California)
License# 0H14604 (expired 2012)