Mary J. Ureke
To re-enter the workforce as a receptionist or general office clerk after earning my Associate of Liberal Arts degree.
• MS Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, and Word (2010)
• Ability to operate computers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines
• Strong customer-relations background with a friendly and positive attitude
• Good filing and organizational skills
• Experience in handling confidential paperwork
• Ability to take accurate phone messages and deliver messages promptly
• Experience with multi-line phone systems
Whitaker Insurance, Tomball, TX
• Answered phone and took messages for the owners
• Updated personal information in files before re-filing.
• Made copies and monitored the Fax machine.
Receptionist Jan-Dec 2002
Temporary Edge, Houston, TX
• Answered multi-line phone systems as an operator.
• Monitored Fax machines for contracts.
• Sorted and delivered office mail.
• Data entry and Filing.
• Adapted to different office styles and procedures.
Sales Associate 1987-1993
Sears, Willowbrook Mall, TX
• Greeted customers, demonstrated product lines and cashiered
• Trained new sales associates on company procedures
• Maintained customer leads and met department sales goals
Associate of Liberal Arts May 2012
Lone Star College- Tomball, TX (Final GPA 3.28)
INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Civil Air Patrol
As a volunteer in Civil Air Patrol my main role was as the squadron’s public affairs officer. My duties consisted of writing press releases, photography during special events, contacting local media about events dealing with the squadron, and creating, writing, editing, and distributing the monthly newsletter. Several of my articles and a photo spread of the hurricane Ike aftermath were published in the CAP magazine, Wings Over Texas.
I was trained for CERT (citizen emergency response team) and also qualified as a mission scanner and went on real missions to find overdue pilots.
I am currently involved with the military missions group which coordinates volunteers to fill and send care packages to deployed personnel. The ministry is also involved in helping those who suffer with PTSD.
Member of two community music groups; Symphony North of Houston and the Woodlands Concert Band.
Geocaching, reading, sewing, gardening, hiking, camping, and photography.