Summary of Qualifications
• Delivery-oriented Senior Business Systems/ QA Analyst with over 11 years of experience contributes to advanced performance, grows, and profitability of diverse organizations.
• Solid hands-on experience in business process engineering and software development life cycle, including gathering requirements, documenting requirements, writing specifications, testing, and rolling out customers’ technical interfaces, analysis, reporting, and project management of software applications with a strong balance between business perceptive and technical capabilities.
• Organized, take-charge professional with follow-through ability and detail orientation; able to plan and oversee projects from conception to successful conclusions. Adept at analyzing situations and taking initiative to solve problems. Strength in defining, turning around, and leading the delivering of high-impact quality solutions to meet evolving business, financial, competitive, and customer needs.
• Adept at reducing development cost and providing traceability of projects. Focus on process-oriented Quality Assurance with expertise in Testing Methodologies and UAT.
• Highly adaptable and quick to learn. Capable of performing in a variety of analyst roles, as a lead or individual contributor. Pleasant and courteous with clients and colleagues.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Pennington, NJ July, 2010 - October, 2011
Business Systems Analyst for Marketing Enablement Technology Division
Systems consulting services including project planning, systems analysis and design including requirements definition, user support activities, testing and documentation for various cross product programs/projects. Delivery of web-based self-service tool for providing information for frequent, low risk topics currently supported by the Advice & Counsel phone channel, expected to reduce incoming A&C call volumes by approximately 11,000-22,000 calls annually.
• Provide business process analysis and technical evaluation of business processes, translating results into system requirements, communicating non-technical business details to the executive staff while supplying the technical requirements and details to the development group.
• Formulate, define, and document detailed solution objectives and scope to develop Information
Systems that blend functional requirements with organizational goals.
• Assist in setting and implementing QA direction, process, test standards and guidelines. Prepare project documentation Test Cases for system and UAT testing. Compile, analyze, review and approve test cases and execution
• Manage day to day tasks of QA resources in development and execution of a QA test plan. With business analysts and subject matter experts identified and developed test scenarios and test cases.
• Assist management in planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects with strong focus on thorough quality assurance in customer deliverables.
Revlon, Inc., New York, NY 2000 – 2009
Senior Systems Analyst, Business Analysis and QA 2006 – 2009
Lead QA Analyst and Tester on Revlon’s replacement system to manage trade promotion spending (the MDF Bridge System). Responsible for providing end-to-end analysis (including both enhancements and new development) with respect to data requirements, data flows, workflow context and design, and user interface designs within and across systems. Worked as a liaison to bridge the gap between stakeholders, the Business, and Information Technology to improve development process by deciphering processes, making realistic, feasible recommendations and facilitating implementation of effective solutions.
• Designed, implemented, and maintained comprehensive test plans to ensure systems requirements are met. Participated in master test plan development and reviews.
• Developed, implemented, and executed detailed test cases based on business and technical requirements as well as use cases. Validated Test cases against requirement, modified based on the requirement change via Change request, and review modified test cases. Assumed the responsibility of proactively following up on any outstanding requirements or deliverables from business units across all levels of the organization.
• Assisted in creating and analyzing technical and business requirement documents in order to establish appropriate understanding for testability and test coverage. Assisted with identifying any gaps between system functionality and business processes.
• Coordinated testing schedules, communicated project status, established timelines and priorities, approved projects for production release. Conducted daily meetings with program and technical managers, as well as business users, to ensure b understanding of current plan and phase scheduling, resource allocation, and level-of-effort expectations of the testing process. Worked closely with the programming team to identify and resolve system-related issues to meet business goals. Participated in structured code reviews/walkthroughs.
• Performed exploratory testing, functional, system, and regression testing. Defined and executed the testing plan, raised defects and worked with the Technical Stream of the program to solve problems/defects.
• Worked with stakeholders to conduct interim project reviews and final project tweaks prior to launch. Trained end users and documented functional instructions and user guidelines for the same application. Interacted with various end user teams during user acceptance testing to gather feedback on application usability. Obtained multi-level signoff on projects and contests prior to approval.
• Participated in production roll-outs, provided end-to-end support, and post-implementation support to the customer community, resolving production related issues.
• Worked with SQL functions to test the database integrity. Wrote and executed SQL queries to retrieve and compare data, verified outputs against the Oracle database.
Senior Systems Analyst, Application Development 2000 - 2006
Managed, developed, and coordinated Revlon Project Management System (RPMS) full project life cycle, supporting over 500 users across the global enterprise with a single system for data inputs and outputs. A “hands on” Project Manager, including applications’ analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation. Involved in the effort to expand RPMS into a matrix suite of new product development applications that supports the entire $1.4 billion Revlon enterprise from a single application supporting a limited number of users.
• Facilitated requirement gathering sessions with the business team to collect the business standards, security and service level requirements; evaluated and reorganized the business process, resulting in improved product quality and shorter development time.
• Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, and debugging. Reduced support call times on 50 % by identifying and resolving problems arising from conflicting user requirements across all new product development departments.
• Assisted in process modeling; conducted and participated in JAD sessions with system users; helped with design walkthroughs with stakeholders for base lining architecture.
• Involved in detailing project mission, data process flow diagrams, and timelines. Reviewed and analyzed application technical designs, specifications, and architecture to minimize costly rework.
• Managed and executed white-box and black-box tests and to evaluate needs for software designing, development, and validations. Broadly done manual testing, constraints verification testing, and the functional testing.
• Developed and monitored project plans to scope work parameters and establish deliverables. Identified and escalated problems to inform and make recommendations to senior management.
• Led database operations and desktop support in all phases of RPMS life cycle. Extensive experience with Oracle Database: created and designed new tables, stored procedures, views; daily database updates by retrieving the data from various data sources; wrote complex SQL queries (Toad environment).
Waterhouse Securities/Marketware International Inc., Holmdel, NJ
Programmer/Analyst – Web Designer/Developer 1997 - 2000
Developed the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) Server project, which is a specification designed to enable the exchange of financial data and instructions between customers and their financial institutions. The purpose of OFX is to enable a customer or small business to manage his finances electronically, to connect directly to his institutions via the computer and issue instructions to that institution, as well as download his particular financial data.
• Designed and implemented reports for COMTAPI Administrator and OFX Server, using Crystal reports software.
• Project leader for the full development cycle of converting COMTAPI to Webbroker Help Desk
• Project leader/designer for Marketware Help Desk, an internal application.
• Involved in the enhancement, maintenance, and implementation of COMTAPI (Common Trading Application Programming Interface) application, that gives client service representatives a single interface
in which to manage clients and their accounts and control client activities.
Additional History (Details provided upon request) 1980 - 1997
Performed as Financial Analyst in a variety of companies.
• Requirements management with Use Cases, OO Analysis and Design with UML
• Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, and Test Data.
• Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Smoke, Database Integrity, User-Acceptance (UAT) testing.Implementation, installation and deployment planning.
• Proposal Development Operations and Project Management.
Software: Visual Studio 6.0/2005, Microsoft SQL Server 6.0/7.0/2000-2005, Oracle 7, 8.0/8i, 9, MS Access, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, Crystal Reports 7.0, Active reports, InterDev 7.0, TOAD, QTP/Load Runner (learning knowledge).
Education & Professional Training and Development
BA, Economics and Information Systems
Kharkov State University, Kharkov, Ukraine
Foundations of Software Testing and Testing Process, Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ
Comprehensive Business Analysis, Chiron Training Center, Jersey City, NJ
Advanced technical training; IIBA member.