Tamara Beth Stephan
Lathrup Village, MI 48076
To obtain a challenging, full time position that will allow for growth and a chance to use and contribute my experience and skills.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 31 years experience in the Administration field. Responsible for all aspects of office functions required in Receptionist and Administrative Assistant positions. Excellent clerical and computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Also experienced working with an AS400 system.
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant March 2002 – August 2009
Virginia Tile Company; Sterling Heights, MI
• Operate telephone switchboard system to receive and direct all incoming calls.
• Complete daily filings of orders and other assigned documents.
• Sort and distribute interoffice and US mail daily.
• Maintain office supply inventory.
• Maintain product literature files and price list files.
• Monitor all office equipment for scheduled maintenance and emergency repair.
• Assist in completion of cash, charge and check transactions as needed.
• Organize end of day documentation, preparing for the night time procedures while validating the completed transactions.
• Maintain postage documentation and machines ensuring adequate funds availability.
• Develop and complete various projects for all office personnel.
• Using the company software AS400 system, enter and research orders, reconcile order acknowledgments and purchase orders.
• Perform word processing and label printing.
• Developed relationships with external customers to expedite processing of orders and inquires.
Administrative Assistant April 2000 – January 2002
Great Lakes Employee Benefit Services, Inc.
• Performed all administrative duties including switchboard operations.
• Took transcription and other documentation daily.
• Prepared correspondence including creating tables, charts and presentations to support the business.
Receptionist / Secretary February 1978 – February 2000
The Hartford Insurance Group
• Multi tasked positions performing receptionist duties and secretarial functions including switchboard operations and records clerk responsibilities. Heavy transcription for Claims, Legal Loss Control and Bond Departments. Promoted several times, one of which being in a supervisory position, throughout my employment.
Housekeeper August 1975 - February 1978
Holiday Inn - Warren, MI
⋅ Completed activities relevant to cleanliness of guest rooms including changing linens, dusting, replacing complimentary guest items, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, checking for items left behind, and assisting guests with any other requests.