Seeking an information technology position, to facilitate my skills and experience within a growing company.
Health Information Systems, Bachelor of Science March 2009 – August 2012
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona
Studies focused in application development, IT project management, multimedia design, technical planning, and business case analyses. Created working prototypes for numerous desktop applications.
Healthcare Technology, Associates of Applied Science March 2005 – June 2007
ECPI College of Technology, Greensboro, North Carolina
Knowledge of the medical environment and computer systems/software’s. Studies focus on healthcare technology and science; following hands-on internship.
Computer Merchant, VF Corporation April 2012- Current
Security Engineer II, Greensboro, NC
• Evaluate and mitigate security risks, threats and vulnerabilities for computer and networks on a variety of platforms (AS400, SAP, Unix/Linux, Oracle etc.). Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, File/Print/Terminal Services, Certificates, Group Policy, and infrastructure applications.
• Assists in integrating, configuring, testing, computer and network security solutions to manage the network/systems firewalls and intrusion detection systems on Citrix domain.
• Monitors security audit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies.
• Investigates and escalates security violations, attempts to gain unauthorized access, virus infections that may affect the network or other event affecting security.
• Develops tests and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools; (PIX/Checkpoint) Provision users.
• Experience in other operating systems as well as hardware, network protocols, and communications software, FTP, SFTP, and VPN.
Delivery Assurance, Advance Homecare August 2011- April 2012
Customer Service Associate High Point, North Carolina
• Facilitate the timely delivery of home medical equipment.
• Customer Service.
• CPR+ and PeopleSoft database management
• Process includes appropriate triaging of phone calls regarding deliveries, documenting patient communications, referral intake, order processing/review.
• Manage and mentor transportation department.
Application Analyst, Solstas Lab Partners May 2011 – August 2011
Ettain Group Winston Salem, North Carolina
• Coordinated with business executives, software experts, help desks, and data source teams in a 24x6 arena to implement data prioritizing (Oracle), utilizing, strategic development of interface connectivity and new client setup request.
• Served as lead over the (EDI) API Team that manage and update of Service Desk and Salesforce interfaces.
• Database management over Lab Information Management System project and implementation process of CoPath.
• Resolve and evaluate incoming telephone, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with computer-related technologies.
Desktop Support Analyst, Wake Forest Medical Center June 2010 – May 2011
Systemtec Inc. Winston Salem, North Carolina
• Data prioritizing, app deployment, implementing, utilizing, and strategy development.
• Performing testing of equipment that has been repaired, prior to returning the equipment to the user.
• Active Directory, DNS, File/Print/Terminal Services, Certificates, Group Policy, and infrastructure applications.
• Adjusting, reimaging, data swap, repairing, and replacing worn or defective parts. Upgrading computers through the addition of new hardware, such as additional RAM or a new disk drive; Provision users.
• Troubleshoot/ configure network printers, software, copiers and fax machines; Recovery on fail systems and files implementation; application and server support;
• Experience in other operating systems as well as hardware, network protocols, and communications software, FTP, SFTP, TCP/IP and VPN support.
Level II Vo/IP Telephony Administrator, BB&T March 2010 – June 2010
Sapphire Technologies Winston Salem, North Carolina
• Worked on the NGN Voice/IP project conversion team that resolve basic and escalated multifaceted (telephony) issues as a database administrator.
• Coordinate, implement and distribute vendor work orders and dozens of installation events that contributed to consistently high levels.
• Assist in network desktop/voice deployment efforts and cabling implementation using Cisco, Pix, Checkpoint, OSPF, BGP TCP/IP and other network remediation.
• Self starter needing minimum direction and was entrusted to Senior IT Manager in the immediate supervisors’ absence.
• Used IBM Internal site standards for database.
Application Support, Medquest Imaging March2009 – March2010
Teksystems Inc Winston Salem, North Carolina
• Answer, evaluate, app deployment, implement and prioritized data from incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies (i.e. system crashes, slow downs, data recovery, add/delete/ password reset for users, HL7,desktop, and printer support);
• Active Directory, VPN, DNS, TCP/IP, File/Print/Terminal Services, Certificates, Group Policy, and infrastructure applications.
• Monitor backups, event logs, end of month reports, storage and performance data.
• Engaged and tracked Priority 1 issues with appropriate documentation and effective resolution when closing tickets; Handled 50+ technical/mission-critical calls daily and consistently log and track calls, maintain history and statistical records and related problem documentation.
Store Management, Super Wal-Mart November 1995 – November 2008
Super Center Wal-Mart Winston Salem, North Carolina
• Manage entire store front end operation on a daily bases. Maintain scheduling, sales, pricing, inventory and merchandise. Introduced training programs that enhanced employee performance and helped build a motivated workforce. Establish forecast programs to improve customer service and company performance. Human Resource, Performance review, etc
• Performed application and management support for front end associates.
• Assisted with critical system outages, software upgrades, and capacity planning. Support tasks involved work with AS400/SAP databases for shipping and receiving and training.
• Created an environment with high levels of customer service.