Temecula, CA 92591
Email: email@example.com Tel: 650-***-****
Objective Contribute in Design, Implementation, Customization and Development of Supply Chain Solutions, using Oracle Manufacturing, Distribution, and Advanced Planning Applications.
Summary Functional and Technical Consultant with more than 8 years of experience in implementing Oracle Manufacturing and Planning applications, namely Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Global Order Promising, Collaborative Planning, Demand Management, Oracle MRP.
Highly Skilled in Discrete Manufacturing (Inventory, Bill of Materials, Work In Process, Shop floor management) and Supply Chain modules (Order Management & Purchasing) modules.
Highly motivated, proactive leader with business acumen, proven project management experience, excellent problem solving, organizational and computer skills and ability to work in teams as well as individually.
Sr. Oracle ASCP Consultant, International Rectifier (IR) Dec'06 – Present
• IR is a semi-conductor company and were facing many challenges in moving to a Constrained Optimized ASCP plan.
● I have helped IR to implement Oracle ASCP Patchset-J (11.5.10; CU2, RUP# 23). Today, ECC Optimized ASCP is LIVE successfully at IR and plans results are used daily and for SOP cycle.
● I am the Sole lead responsible for modeling Constrained Optimized ASCP planning solutions.
● Worked with Strategic Planning team to re-model the scenarios in APS, workout the test details and suggest alternative better ways of solving critical business problems like Inventory build-up, Delayed Backlogs i.e. Consulted in implementing the use of Alternate Resources, Substitute Components, Alternate Sourcing; Remodel setup changes in Oracle ERP (i.e. Inventory, BOM, WIP) to support the planning model efficiently
● Identified many Gaps/ Oracle Bugs / Enhancements in Oracle ASCP (in areas of HLS Scheduling Demand/Supplies Pegging and Optimization engine). Worked with Oracle Product Management and Development team directly to design the solution and implemented it successfully for IR.
Business process re-engineering done in Planning with:
• Planned orders Firming and usage of Planning time fences to bring stability to the Daily Schedule in a near-term window; thus solving continuous push out of Backlogs.
• Implemented WIP for the usage of firm orders
• Modifications in Oracle Inventory and Oracle BOM/Routing setups to support Planning models in Oracle APS.
• Forecast spreading logic that is not available in Oracle ASCP out of the box to solve the issue of production of right Product mix.
• Served in the divestiture of 30% of the IR business to Vishay and planning for the Capacity changes in advance
• Modeling, setup and testing for Oracle GOP: Available-to-promise(ATP)/Capable-to-Promise(CTP)
• Architected and Designed custom extension of automatic Global forecast consumption. This led to savings of 10 hours/week for one strategic planner.
• Design and creation of custom Demand priority schemes for Daily Production plans & SOP plans.
• Designed and implemented Automation of all the Master Data changes (Forecast, Item, BOM, Routings, Resources, Sourcing rules) to Oracle ERP modules and Mass Changes of business entities (Part attributes, Categories, Resource usages, Yields etc).
• Implementation of custom extension for features that are not available in ASCP i.e. Capacity consumption based on Firm orders
• Performance improvement of all the processes in Production Plan request and Reports generation to reduce end-to-end run time of APS plans daily; resulting in saving of 3 to 4 hours daily.
• Consulting with the end users, Developed many custom, complicated reports based on APS plan results e.g. Daily Schedule, Overall Demand satisfaction, Wafer-FG Pegging, Forecast calculation
• Identified the need and Designed numerous Data alerts to identify data setup issues that may cause incorrect plan results and/or Plan failures.
Project Leader, Advanced Planning, Oracle Corporation, Redwood City, CA Feb’01 – Jun'06
• I was the lead person for a global team of 6 members for Application Design & Development, Implementation Support and Performance
• Key involvement in providing solutions for Unconstrained/Constrained/Optimized ASCP plans during all the phases of design, implementation, post go-live support; for many customers in many varied industries like Discrete, Semiconductor, Process.
Some of the customers served are GE AE, Sony, Alcoa, Agilent, Logitech, NCR, Qualcomm, Agere, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Matsushita, Honeywell, IKON Office Solutions, Solectron, Delmonte, Fuji Xerox and many others.
• Major Contributions in the Design & Development of Advanced Planning modules (specifically Oracle ASCP and Oracle CP) of Oracle E-business suite of release 11.5.9, 11.5.10 and R12; in the areas of Collections, Releases/Reschedules from Planning server, Memory Based Planner, and Collaborative Planning.
I have contributed heavily in business requirements gathering and Designing for:
A Oracle ASCP Memory based Planner
• ASCP Subset planning
• Online Memory Based Planner for ASCP
• ASCP Detailed Scheduling support
• End item Substitution feature
• Forecast Spreading and Inline Forecast Consumption
• Attribute based Netting
• Global Forecasting support
• Support for Discrete job yields
• Planned Inventory point
• Oracle Process Manufacturing supporting features like Charges, Complex routing
• Integration for the support of Optimized planning
• Priority Pegging features
• Shipping / Receiving Calendars
B Oracle ATP/CTP
• CTO (Configure-to-order) explosion for ODS Based ATP
• Support for Region and Zones
C Oracle Collaborative Planning
• Customer facing VMI (Vendor managed Inventory) engine
• Creation of Sales orders from VMI engine
• Bucketing logic
D Oracle APS Collections
• Designed APS interfaces to collect data from Oracle Inventory, Bill of Materials, Work-In-Process, Shop floor management, MRP, Order Management & Purchasing.
• Net Change, Targeted Collections and Continuous collections.
E Oracle APS Releases to ERP
• Release/Reschedule of Work Orders from APS to WIP and OSFM
• Release of Purchase orders / Requisitions from APS to PO
• I was the lead for post-release and implementation for all Global customers for Oracle ASCP flagship module.
• I have helped many customers to go-live by identifying and solving the issues in areas of SQL Performance, Plan performance and Plan memory issues.
Major customer achievements:
• Alcoa: Alcoa North America was going live on 11.5.10 on a Sunday and the Collections was stuck for 4 hours immediately after the upgrade on Production box. I was involved and identified the issue immediately. After the solution was provided, Collections and eventually APS plan completed successfully. This made a GO decision with Oracle APS.
• GE AE: GE Aircraft Engine’s critical production plan with 64 bit exe was running indefinitely. I identified the critical issue with Safety stock planning in less than an hour and the fix was provided in another day. My efforts were appreciated.
• NCR: NCR had problem with Memory based snapshot consuming too much memory and failing continuously. After my colleagues had given up, I worked up very late to identify the problem and after the fix, program consumed less than half of the memory before.
• Qualcomm & Teva: Based on the discussion with these customers, I did a re-design of the order modifier logic in Oracle ASCP engine.
• Numerous other features were designed and implemented by me after understanding the business requirements with Customers in areas of ASCP engine, Collections and Releases.
• Many customers have appreciated a quick and better functional solution provided by me (in terms of Setup and/or Plan option changes), for the APS plan model to achieve the business requirement.
Graduate Research Assistant, Texas Mfg. Assistance Center, ARRI, Fort Worth, TX Sep’99–Dec’00
• Assisted the Field engineers at various small manufacturing companies, with technical solutions such as Visio flowcharts of Business processes (for ISO 9000 certification), AutoCAD drawings, Software Configurations, Literature review
Computer Oracle Tools: Oracle Applications 10.7/11.0/11i, Oracle AOL, SQL Loader
Skills Applications: Oracle APS (ASCP, CP, GOP, DP), Oracle ERP modules (INV, BOM, WIP, PO,
OM, WSH, OFSM), SQL Navigator, TOAD
Database Programming: SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g Server, PL/SQL
Programming Languages: Shell Scripting, C/Pro*C, C++, STL, Java.
Professional Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), APICS
Certification Oracle 9i PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate, Oracle
Oracle Advanced PL/SQL Programming,
Training Developing PL/SQL Units
Education M.S - Industrial Engineering: Dec 2000 University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
B.E - Mechanical Engineering: Jun 1997 University of Mumbai, Mumbai, INDIA
References Available upon request