Kisha L. Dean
Organizational management leadership opportunity: Apply accounts payable, general accounting, and persuasive communication skills to take a successful organization to its next level of exceptional financial performance and service.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
An organized individual possessing professional experience for 10 years based in finance and marketing. Dedicated to organization, dependability, and accuracy. Possessing skills in communication that include e-mail, person to person, telephones, and mail correspondence. Open minded to new ideas and a quick learner.
EDFINANCIAL SERVICES – Knoxville, TN 2008 to Present
Reporting Specialist II Jan 2012 to present
Reconcile general ledger accounts and student loan accounts for accuracy
Assist in research of variances on the general ledger and student loan accounts
Resolve outstanding daily and monthly variances within corporate standards
Ensure all supporting systems (SLSS, GP, Oracle Discover, etc.) are in balance and any variances are identified and resolved
Work with internal departments as well as outside agencies on various accounting issues
Work under and deliver under deadline constraints
Prepare and validate daily and monthly reconciliations and reporting to Federal Government
Process and distribute reports as necessary and effectively communicate appropriate information to Management
Contribute to continuous process improvement
Assist with external and internal audit requests
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Responsible for the security of workstation and work area in regards to the confidentiality of the data and the systems
Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
Other duties deemed necessary, including providing backup support functions if necessary
Default Claims Analyst Sept 2008 to Jan 2012
• Filed all default claims serviced by Edfinancial Services to the appropriate Guaranty Agency while maintaining an acceptable level of quality and productivity as set forth by our departmental standards and goals.
• Compiled and submit default claims in accordance with the Common Manual for all guarantors and lenders
• Tracked the workload to ensure timely filing of each default claim in accordance with our departmental goal of 310 days (all guidelines monitored from date condition occurred/delinquency date).
• Prepared claim package prior to submission with all necessary documentation
• Included system reports, accordance documents, database reports, guarantor verification, enrollment verification and/or research requests
• Communicated with guarantors and schools to ensure claim is filed correctly
CLAYTON HOMES Maryville, TN Mar 1999 to June 2008
Remarketing Asset Manager Dec 2002 to June 2008
• Ensured the company receives good value for services received and homes sold.
• Displayed sound decision making skills by selecting and closely managing quality contractors, vendors, retailers, and realtors.
• Maintained solid communication by following up and following through with outside contractors and vendors.
• Determined new ideas to help improve results.
• Established new relationships and hold vendors accountable.
• Worked well in a competitive, fast-paced environment.
• Maintained clear understanding of collection and repossession procedures
• Remarketed foreclosed manufactured homes and/or land
• Negotiated sales of property
• Negotiated and set costs for maintenance of property
• Coordinated and communicated with independent dealers, attorneys, sheriffs, contractors, vendors, inspection companies, real estate agents, newspapers, land surveyors, appraisal companies, title companies, financial institutions, tax offices, communities, and private landowners
• Traveled assigned territories
• Prepared invoices for payment
• Ran various daily queries and reports
• Provided customer service
• Involved in interviewing process and hiring decisions
• Provided training upon new hire
• Maintained open communication with Managers to meet hiring needs of departments
• Maintained communications with candidates from prescreening through hiring process
• Attended weekly, quarterly and yearly field manger meetings
Bankruptcy Representative March 2002 to Dec 2002
• Reviewed accounts to determine if loan should be forwared to one of our attorneys
• Carefully reviewed Chapter 13 plans for treatment
• Monitored attorney performance and ensured that they take appropriate action in a timely manner
• Communicated with attorneys on Meeting of Creditors, Confirmation hearings, Motions for Relief from Stay and Agreed Orders within reasonable time after the meeting occurs
• Prepared Bankruptcy Referrals, Proof of Claims, Reaffirmation Agreements and Motions for Relief
• Data entry of new accounts into the system
• Contacted the trustee’s office, court website, or our attorney to obtain current case information
• Checked attorney invoices form accuracy and compliance
• Ensured bankruptcy stays were not violated
• Provided customer service
Retail Accounts Payable Bookeeper Mar 1999 to Dec 2002
• Reviewed invoices and check requests
• Sorted and matched invoices and check requests, codes and batches
• Set invoices up for payment
• Calculated discounts
• Processed check requests
• Prepared and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
• Reconciliation of payments
• Prepared analysis of accounts
• Monitored accounts to ensure payments are up to date
• Resolved invoice discrepancies
• Vendor file maintenance
• Corresponded with vendors and respond to inquiries
• Produced monthly reports
Alcoa High School Alcoa, TN May 1993
Tusculum College Knoxville, TN Dec 2011
B.S. in Business and Organizational Management
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
References are available on request.