Knoxville, TN 37922
Summary of Qualifications
Proven HR professional, committed to driving results by employing and developing talented, customer focused individuals. Extensive experience in retail and manufacturing.
Expertise in Human Resource management including staffing, training, talent assessment, performance management, and the growth/development of team members. Use multi-store management experience to coach District and Store Manager on building effective store teams. My major responsibilities included Talent Management, Performance Management, Associate Engagement, HR Execution and Operations Support.
Extensive multi-store experience. Responsible for nine store locations in excess of 250M in sales. Won District Manager Recognition Award, Human Resource Team Award, Training Best in Region Award, Community Outreach Award, and was the Compliance Captain for the Region.
Promoted to District Human Resource Manager in 2008.
2012 – Present Kimberly-Clark Corporation Knoxville, TN
Benefits/Health & Wellness
• Working with Benefit’s Department on SAP’s, Research, Benefit’s Mailbox, Benefit Vendors, Updating Changes to New Vendors, and Annual Enrollment Changes along with communication. Computer Experience with Share-point, TBA, & Microsoft Programs. This is Contractor Position until end of 2013.
2002 – Present X-Calibers Knoxville, TN
Small Family Business – Reloading Business – Co-Owner
2008 – 2012 The Home Depot Knoxville, TN
District Human Resource Manager
• Support Store Operations in all aspects of Human Resource management. Recruiting, interviewing, talent assessment, training and development of exempt associates, associate relations, recognition programs, benefit management, risk management and investigations, diversity, leave of absences, EEOC investigations and responses, exit interviews. Currently responsible for Knoxville District, 9 Store Managers, 3 Human Resource Managers and 9 store locations with over 1500 associates.
• Ensured execution of Affirmative Action Plans, compliance audits working with OOFCP and legal department, along with documenting outreach programs, community involvement and tracking of interviews due to Home Depot being a government supplier.
• Developed and oversaw the execution of numerous chain-wide policies and procedures; Job Posting Procedure, Time and Attendance Policy, Recruiting, Store Staffing Structure, Pay Practices Policy, yearly Performance Review process, Recognition Program.
• Analyzed business and financial data to drive sound HR decisions that benefited the organization.
• Effective at diagnosing issues and root cause problem solving to develop sustainable solutions for the district.
• Planned effectively for seasonal transitions and organization changes that impact my district.
• Served as a subject matter expert and consistently utilized by business partners and associates s a valued HR partner.
• Ensured development of talent pipeline, along with district succession plans to ensure timely placement of key roles, and upgraded the level of talent in the district.
• Communicated consistent direction to multiple locations and followed up to ensure understanding and execution to the Associate Support Department Supervisor’s.
• Member of Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce along with relationships in the community including parks, schools, art museum, Kuumba Festival, and started the first Golden Hammer Soccer Tournament in the Hispanic Community.
2003 – 2008 The Home Depot Knoxville, TN
Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager – North Knoxville, Schaad Road, Home Depot.
Human Resource Manager - West Knoxville, Kingston Pike, Home Depot Store.
• Human Resource Captain for the District which included consistent communication between the Human Resource Manager’s Team, talent selection, improving workforce diversity, maintaining local hiring partnerships, and insuring change initiatives are executed.
• Responsible for Talent Management which included effective HR reviews, succession planning, on-boarding and training of salaried managers.
• Provide coaching and consulting for development planning for the district.
• Coordinated hourly job fairs and was the District HR Captain for the district.
• Responsible for the Retail Management Assessment forums which consisted of customer service, business acumen, leadership along with interview notes.
• Facilitated and ensured the execution of organizational change initiatives impacting the stores.
• Developed recognition program which recognized positive and engaged associates.
1998 - 2003 Cole Vision Knoxville, TN
Human Resource Generalist
• Responsibilities included hiring, compliance, orientation, benefits, payroll, workers compensation, etc. for non-union 350 associate eye glasses manufacturing facility.
• Successful in EEOC charges at the manufacturing plant with positive outcome on two occasions.
• Managed and oversaw the payroll functions of the manufacturing facility along with time and attendance utilizing the Kronos time system.
• The leader for National Eye Glass Exam week recognition including retail partnerships with optical locations.
• Started recognition program which promoted positive results with associates.
Murray State University – Elementary Education
Roane State University – HR Certification
Pellissippi State University – HR Accreditation
Current Member of the Tennessee Valley Human Resources Society
Excellent References Provided Upon Request.