Cartersville , GA *****
Objective To obtain a position in a well established organization where I can utilize my skills
2009- current Kids Stop Cartersville, GA
• Provided instructional and clerical support, allowing teachers more time for lesson planning and teaching.
• Tutored and assisted children in learning class material using the teacher's lesson plans, providing students with individualized attention.
• Supervised students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, and hallways, and on field trips.
2008-2009 Discovery Point Developmental Center
• Used centers for math, science, social studies, health, and writing to complement the child-based hands-on curriculum.
• Implemented a positive discipline plan which promoted student responsibility, problem solving skills, and student accountability
• Implemented phonics and mathematical instruction with small groups.
2003-2006 State Farm Insurance Co. Lake Success , NY
Claim Services Assistant/ Receptionist
• Assist claim handlers in setting up claim files, filing correspondence and other material related to claim records, set up new claims by taking lost report calls from Insures, claimants and other parties involved in motor vehicle accidents, update claim files on a daily basis. Issue drafts (checks) for attorney fees, medical bills and independent medical examiners
• Process outgoing mail which includes checks, bills, various letters and forms which must be process in compliance with Regulation 68.
• Heavy phone communication with various parties,act as translator for Spanish speaking callers, heavy faxing, copying and filing of Subpoenas and other correspondence
• Handle all incoming calls, place long distance and over seas calls and take accurate and detailed messages .Update computerized appointment calendars with daily visitors
1997-2001 WorldCom Wireless Garden City, NY
Administrative Clerk/ Collections
• Data Processing, Heavy Phone communication with clients, Process credit card payments for hundreds of customers daily, Research misapplied payments, Activate and de-activate phone service
• Collect payment from customers who where in the early and late stages of delinquency.
• Communicate with the customers to find out source of delinquency and work out a plan to get them up to date
2001-2003 Nassau Community College Garden City, NY
• Associates Degree in Business Management
Skills: Proficient in various computer programs -MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows 98 and XP, Internet Savvy. Proficient in various claims handling programs, Excellent customer service, organizational and multitasking skills. Team Player