**** ****** ***** ***** • Pearland, TX 77584
Cell: 337-***-**** • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: A position utilizing my skills and education in the field of Ophthalmology
SUMMARY: • More than 6 years of clinical experiences in Ophthalmology
• Hardworking, energetic, and reliable; recognized for assuming additional responsibilities.
• Proven ability to communicate and work in fast pace environment.
• Possess outstanding skills in assessing patient’s needs.
• Exceptional leadership abilities concerning team initiatives.
• Proficient with MS Office, Windows XP, and the Internet.
SKILLS: • Refractometry • Manual Keratometry
• Applanation/Tonometry • A-Scan/ IOL Masters
• Ophthalmic surgical assisting • Fundus Photography
• Low Vision and Contact Lens Assessment • LASIK
• OCT and Humphrey Visual Field
EDUCATION: Bachelor Science of Ophthalmic Medical Technologist, May 2006
Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA
Bachelor Science of Psychology, May 2002
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
EXPERIENCE: Ophthalmic Medical Technologist, January 2011 to Current
Eye Excellence, Houston, Texas
• Diagnostic testing, LASIK – assisting in surgery and running the VISX Star machine, and educating patients about the health of the eye.
Ophthalmic Medical Technologist, April 2007 to June 2009
Eyecare Associates, Metairie, Louisiana
• Participation in evaluating patients, diagnostic testing procedures, and assisting in laser vision correction and surgeries.
Ophthalmic Medical Technologist, June 2006 to April 2007
Dr. Heitmeier and Armani Medical Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
• Prepared patients for exam with doctors, performing diagnostic testing, and helping with front desk responsibility.
AWARDS: Dean’s List Summer 2004 – Spring 2006
REFERENCES: Available upon request.