George C. Shammas
Staten Island, New York 10301
To secure a position where I can apply my experience and passion for investigation or automotive technology. Make an immediate and meaningful impact by applying my knowledge and experience, ability to work with consumers, and the ambition to succeed as an integral part of the company.
2004-2011 Police Officer, New York Police Department, Brooklyn, New York
• Performed over 150 arrests. Patrolled a high crime rate area of the city and responded to dispatch calls to ensure public safety and enforce laws. Investigated criminal activity; interviewed victims, witnesses, and suspects. Preserved crime scenes, and arrested suspects. Enforced traffic laws and investigated over 1000 vehicle collisions. Wrote accurate and complete reports. Testified in court. Issued summonses, conducted radar patrol and counter terrorism activities.
• Trained in Auto Crime, Firearms, Radar, Counter Terrorism, Emergency Vehicle Operation Course, Barrier Truck Operation, and Patty Wagon Operation. Air brake qualified.
2003-2004 Electrician, P.J. Smith Electrical Corp, Hamburg, New Jersey
• Transported electrical supplies and tools via the operation of a truck and trailer.
• Application of a Tig welder.
• Maintained and repaired office property.
2001-2003 Sales/Labor, Honda, Chrysler, Nissan, Porsche/Audi/VW, Newton, New
• Performed duties on various positions within automotive industry from detailing, handling, and the transporting of automotive parts. Established relationships with new customers and effectively carried out the sales process from presentation of vehicle to closing sales deals and completing relevant paperwork.
August 2012 APEX Technical School, New York, New York, Automotive Repair and
Service-900 Hour ASE Certified Program, 19 college credits
• Engines- Assembled and disassembled engine parts. Full inspection of cylinder head. Worked on cooling and lubrication system, full theory and service and repair, distributor service and replacement.
• Chassis- Literate in the theory and operation of automotive brakes, suspension, tire, systems. Performed disc and drum system service, suspension, removing and replacing tires and static and dynamic wheel balancing.
• Powertrain- Studied operation of automatic and manual transmissions. Diagnosed clutch system, differential, manual and automatic transmission and transaxles, removed and replaced transmission mounts.
• Electrical Systems- Trained in basic electronic theory and operation. Versed in the use of all data and writing schematic.
• Fuels- Knowledgeable of basic fuel and emission system, control diagnostic and repair. Studied the general use of OBDII scanners, oscilloscope and five gas analyzer.
• Performance- Skilled in advanced diagnostic strategies with the use of oscilloscopes, scan tools. Literate in the theory and operation of Automotive HVAC. Studied automotive restraint systems, theory and operation and repair.
July 2010 New York Police Department Auto Crime training, two college credits.
January 2005 New York Police Department Police Academy, 28 college credits.
May 2004 Sussex County Community College, Criminal Justice and Automotive Technology, 70 college credits
• Valid New York State Driver’s License, Tow truck endorsed
• New York Police Department Police Academy Certificate
• Auto Crime Training Certificate
• Knowledge of front end work, engine diagnosis and repair, chassis, transmission repair and removal, clutch diagnostics, tune-ups, parts repair, tire repair, alignment, computerized all-data system, brake system repair.
• Equipment- Volt meter, balance tester, scan tools, vacuum gauge, vacuum pump, timing light, five gas analyzer, alignment machine, tire mounting machine, balancing machine, DVOM, Snap-on Vantage, McPherson strut compressor and tools, brake lathe, air impact tools, wrenches.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and All-data