Todd H. Charske
OBJECTIVE Obtain a technical sales / management position in which I can utilize my excellent interpersonal skills, strong leadership, high motivation and strong closing ability to become an integral part of a global company.
EDUCATION Ohio State University, 1991-1994 Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering - GPA 3.1/4.0
Miami University, 1989-1991 Oxford, Ohio
Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry - Transferred after two years
WORK Zyvax -Fiberglass Engineering Dayton, Ohio
EXPERIENCE Midwest Technical Sales Engineering Manager, (3/2005 to present)
· Midwest accounts manager in charge of developing accounts through distribution and direct sales.
· Increase my territory with Zyvax 370% in less than a year.
· Technical demonstrations completed in the following industries: fiberglass, cultured marble, carbon fiber, plastics, rubber, marine, automotive, tub and shower, insulation, and through distribution.
Ashton Plastics Products Dayton, Ohio
Director of North American Sales, (12/2004 to 3/2005)
· Develop and implement sales strategies for both existing and prospective customers.
· Managed and tracked sales from Independent Sales Reps throughout North America and Canada.
· Develop and manage key account relationships to expand revenue opportunities within the organization.
· Present sales reports to the CEO on a regular basis.
· Increased Gross Revenue from $1.1 million / year to $3.5 Million / year.
Yellow Book USA Dayton, Ohio
Account Executive, (11/2002 to 11/2003)
· Worked as a territory sales representative selling Yellow Page Advertisement. #1 Sales Rep in the Dayton Office for Preble County, Dayton, Miami-Shelby, and Springfield Books. Top sales Rep for the year 2003; President’s club 2003.
Fidelity Mortgage, Inc./Kemper Mortgage Cincinnati, Ohio / Chicago, Illinois
Mortgage Analyst / Manager/President (11/96 – 11/2002)
· Commission-based sales position assisting clients in determining financial needs.
· Number 2 salesperson in the company (out of over 150 sales people) while being transferred to Chicago, IL to become the assistant manager after 7 months in the business. Later became branch owner/operator.
· Top salesperson for the company, December 1996.
· Top salesperson for the company, February 1997.
PPG Industries Allison Park, PA
Chemist 2-Automotive Primers Group, (6/94 - 10/96)
· Formulated automotive water base primer coatings and solvent-based topcoats.
· Worked as a project leader, managing several technicians in order to solve long-term research problems.
· Acted as a liaison between the plant in Cleveland, OH and the research center in Allison Park, PA in order to solve short-term production problems.
ADDITIONAL Professional Organizations- Coatings Society of Pittsburgh, Toastmasters Society, Engineering
INFORMATION Speaking Society, Engineering Career Services Student Advisory Board,
Computer Experience –Aspen+, ACT, Cadkey, Excel, Flowtran, FORTRAN, Goldmine, Maple, Matlab, Powerpoint, Word.
Sales Training Brian Tracey Seminar, Mike Ferry One-On-One training, Leaders’ Choice training course, Sandler Sales President’s Club, Spin Selling, Ultimate Selling Machine.