Terrie Hawkins, MST, BS, RN
Information Technology (IT) professional with extensive education, experience, and training in project management. Project Management (PM) emphasis includes healthcare, IT and financial projects, utilizing the Project Management Institute methodology in all phases of the project life cycle (from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation, documentation, and closure). Provide patient care through sound project management while nurturing customer relationships, building successful teams and achieving desired outcomes.
MS, Emphasis in Technology, Specializing in Project Management and Leadership, Capella University May 2005(GPA 3.6).
BS, Major in Managed Information Systems-Telecommunication, Arkansas State University, August 2002.
AS, Majoring in Registered Nursing, East Arkansas Community College, May 1996.
Clinical Technology Program Manager Department of Veterans Affairs 2009-Present
Eclipsys Corporation 2006 – 2009
Project Manager , Clinical Information Systems
• Cerner CoPath Project Manager , Project Budget 250,000.
• SunGard Disaster recovery Project manager.
• Multiple Hospital Facility Consolidation project - Developed and managed project for 13 nursing unit moves managing equipment valued over $400,000.
• Project Manager for PharmNet implementation, project valued over $5 million.
• Project Manager of a Disaster Recovery Project valued over $250,000.
• Complete business cases for various products for potential projects.
• City of Little Rock - Managed and implemented Chest Pain Center Consortia for the city of Little Rock (St. Vincent’s Hospital and LR- EMT provide services via EKG transmissions to Physicians via email system).
• Facilitator for Project teams-managing issues, maintaining agendas, minutes based on Best Practices.
• Provide end user training for system changes, major upgrades and product implementation.
• Corporate representative for Cerner products
• Established application teams for various Cerner products.
• Technical support - Developed strategies to integrate clinical application with technical support.
Veterans Administration Hospital 2002-2006
RN Charge Nurse
• Developed triage application for nursing staff to access contact information for managers.
• Information Technology Internship – Project Manager for deployment of 365-workstation.
• Developed an IT in-service program to train Nursing staff and Physicians on VA software.
• Superuser for Computerized Patient Record System and Barcode Medication Administration.
• Preceptor for Southwest Tennessee Community College, University of Tennessee Medical School and East Arkansas Community College students.
• Clinical Liaison for Chemotherapy clinic and Chemotherapy Administration Therapy for assigned unit and Infection control.
• Memphis EDGE Committee Member. Subject Matter Expert for piloting Vital Sign software.
Baptist Memorial Hospital 2001-2002
Labor and Delivery Staff RN
Healthcare and Rehabilitation 1999 -2000
• Employee satisfaction up by 50% in 6 months - Implemented “Make a Difference Suggestions” for 14 direct reports.
• Responsible for federal and state regulatory compliance for 100-bed facility.
• Recognized for patient care improvement project -- 35 patients placed on assigned units and monitored for 6 months.
• Implemented Family Support Survey to improve by 35%.
• Streamlined routine procedures in OR to maximize efficiency.
• Medicare reimbursement of $105,000 by managing MDS and PPS.
• Evaluated and assisted Staff Development with staff scheduling efficiency plan.
Beverly Healthcare 1999 -2000
• Coordinated, reported and post schedules of 50 nursing staff and maintained attendance records.
• Developed, instructed and maintained course syllabi.
• Maintained 100% deficiency free standards.
• Produced 100% state board passing rate.
• Developed positive, educated, and well-rounded students with strong commitment to high standard of patient care.
VA Software CPRS/BCMA/VISTA
PharmNet Microsoft Office/Project