Eugene Stephen Zscheck
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Manufacturing engineering professional with project background and floor support experience in machining and heat treat applications in high volume industrial settings. Proven track record of successful project implementation. Ability to work within constraints of customer demands and resource availabilities. Ability to identify and direct projects to improve equipment capabilities and capacities.
Technical data analysis
Breakdown repairs and equipment modification
Plant layout and tool design
NTN-Bower, Macomb Plant, Macomb, Illinois 11/89 – Present
Sr. Project Engineer (Heat Treat, Coldheaders and Presses; 04/99 – present)
Purchase and install new equipment, provide engineering support for production. Develop, implement and document process improvements.
• Developed layout and supervised installation of capital equipment (furnaces, coldheaders and lathes).
• Justified and coordinated the rebuild of production equipment, both at vendor’s and in-house. Included validation of work at vendor locations (coldheaders) and supervising contract crews (furnace work in-house).
• Developed work instructions and checklists for production operations, preventative maintenance and LOTO.
• Assist in long term planning, developing five year rebuild plan and possible plant expansion issues.
• Supervised controls retrofit for two presses (safety and reliability).
• Generated and debugged CNC lathe turning programs – March 2004 to May 2006.
Maintenance/Tool Room Supervisor – Second Shift (08/98 – 04/99)
Supervised Maintenance and Tool Room on 2nd shift – 15 employees.
• Maintained employee records and department discipline.
• Conducted departmental safety and information meetings.
• Allocated department resources based on plant priorities.
Sr. Project Engineer – Turning Department (11/89 - 08/98)
Purchase and install new equipment, provide programming and engineering support for production. Develop, implement and document process improvements and cost reductions.
• Purchased and installed Macomb Plant’s first true CNC lathe with automated material handling.
• Developed layout, supervised installation and conducted validation runoffs on 34 CNC lathes.
• Provided production support for the Automatics Department, consisting of National Acme screw machines and Brown & Sharp single spindles
Professional Experience Continued…
NTN-Bower, Hamilton Plant, Hamilton, Alabama 05/86 – 11/89
Senior Project Engineer
Provided engineering support for turning operations in a UAW environment at the Hamilton Plant. Provided technical support for daily manufacturing challenges.
• Purchased, installed and runoff Hamilton’s first CNC lathe.
• Purchased, installed and runoff seven National Acme chucking machines (3 multis and 4 single spindles).
• Assisted in the development of outside vendor as a turning supplier.
• Participated in Juran problem solving training (in house).
WKM Valve Division of Joy Manufacturing, Missouri City, Texas 07/79 – 02/86
Responsible for designing and implementing tooling, fixtures, cutting tools and gages. Performed Industrial Engineering functions for process analysis.
• Designed body and bonnet tooling for new product line (forged components for API valves) on Unigraphics system.
• Designed jigs, fixtures, tools and gages for machining requirements.
• Designed assembly fixtures for new ball valve design.
• Worked with CAD and manual drafting requirements.
• Updated Tooling Database, setup and maintained Bill of Materials and Routings.
• Performed timestudies, cost analysis and methods improvements.
BSIE TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY 05/79
Caterpillar Production System, Wave 11.3 participant (for suppliers) summer 2011
12 Hours taken at Western Illinois in Manufacturing Systems Curriculum
Manufacturing Process Control (statistics) – spring 1990
Robotics & Automated Systems – fall 2007
Automated Industrial Production I – fall 2007
Automated Industrial Production II – spring 2008
Green Belt / Lean Manufacturing Training (NTN in-house) 2006
Metallurgy for the Non-Metallurgist (ASM self study) April 1999
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
EIA/ISO programming (for lathes)
Internet navigation and research
SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers)
ASM (American Society of Materials)